Street skis?

ColoradoHigh

I am thinking about getting these in-order to keep my self in the skiing swing..Has anyone heard good things about these? Anyone try these?

www.streetski.com

I think you'd get as much out of inline skates as you would with those and do you really want to wear ski boots in August when its 90 degrees and humid?

I think you'd get as much out of inline skates as you would with those and do you really want to wear ski boots in August when its 90 degrees and humid?

i think the ski boots would help becasue inline skates are WAY more flexible than ski boots.

Actually, i just tried roller blading, and I haven't roller bladed in like 3 years...

I want to roller blade, but have the feeling of skiing. And I wouldn't mind having ski boots on in August...

I've seen those before... they look cool

Just seems like it would still be more of an inline feel than a ski feel albeit with ski boots

You know, I don't think so. I really have an inkling that it would feel more like skiing, then inline skiing. Just cause they are longer then inline skates...I'm buying them...

So lame haha. Just buy rollerblades, you will have more control at getting a carve like you would in skiing with rollerblades then you would with those. Have fun trying to stop on those things.

wow now that i think about it it would be deathly trying to stop on those. hahahaha

You could buy skis for the same price as those contraptions.

Can't use regular skis on pavement. I think the person interested in these things wants to do some summer training, or perhaps just help ease the withdrawal pains brought on by the end of the season (I understand completely).

I know what you're saying, but wearing ski boots is the whole point...with grass skiing, you get a very similar experience to skiing because you are working/flexing your ski boots.

That's all.

Chippy might end up a bloody mess on the pavement, but he's young and will heal just fine.

• 2 weeks later...