A Truely great find

snowboarddude

You can make fake snow that is wet and cold, looks like snow, and acts a lot like snow, except it won't melt. All you need is sodium polyacrylate and water.

here is the website i found... look at youtube and type in sodium polyacrylate

http://chemistry.about.com/b/2007/11/28/make-fake-snow.htm

maybe if it gets enought support bear will try it

I doubt any mountain is going to spread a chemical (even though this one seems fairly non toxic and safe) all over their mountain in a time where environmentalism is back on the rise.

Not to mention it is like 2.25 an once it does not seem very cost effective.

Edited by nick malozzi

That stuff is pretty cool, but I would not use it to ride on. I would imagine that you would still need a solid surface underneath to edge on.

You used to be able to get it at toy stores. It was called "Yuck". http://www.buckets-o-fun.com/yuck.html It was sold as the bigger granules and I still have a container of it. If you want to test it out and see what it is like (for not much money) find someone who has a baby and ask for a few diapers. Break them open and empty the stuff out then add water.

Yuck was a good name for it. If you try the diaper thing, you will find out why.

From howstuffworks.com:

* It can absorb up to 100X its weight in water (1).

* It can stick to baby's genitals, causing allergic reactions (2).

* Reported to cause severe skin irritations, oozing blood from perineum and scrotal tissues, fever, vomiting and staph infections in babies (2).

* When injected into rats it has caused hemorrhage, cardiovascular failure and death (4).

* Banned from tampons in 1985 because of its link to Toxic Shock Syndrome (1).

* Has killed children after ingesting as little as 5 grams of it (5).

* Causes female organ problems, slows healing wounds, fatigue and weight loss to the employees in factories that manufacture it (6).

It's not all bad, since it seems to help in weight loss of people who package it...but oozing blood from your balls would be a slight drawback.

Oh yea, nothing like using a fake snow product that was "Reported to cause severe skin irritations," mid summer while sliding down a metal rail in shorts with your feet strapped together. Sounds like a grand time.

Truly a classic reply.... I'm lovin It more than Mickey D's says the fat guy!!

that seems pretty cool, prob. really good for a rail jam in the summer

yeah adolfo...if you like bleeding from the scrotum haha. me persoanlly i like my sack just the way it is.