TV show at blue to air on TruTV

Rob

it was funny when they said something along the lines of, "The victims life is in the patrollers hands as he navigates the victim to the base of the mountain. If the patroller makes an incorrect move he knows the victim will plummet 3000' to his death." A

Definitely a line that is talking about the Crystal Mountain portion of the show. No doubt that a lot of it is a bit over-sensationalized though. Hopefully the show will attract a good deal of people who don't know a ton about skiing and ski patrol. I feel like I know too much to watch it and take it seriously...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking to myself in the last post how funny it would have been if they had interviewed you. "This is GrilledSteezeSandwich from PASR I got here at 7am and got some fresh POE. Switchback is good but don't tell anyone. Always use smartstyle and look before you leap and watch out for Mark Miller and his frozen lube. I gotta go and bust a flow on the new 6 pack that really boots you up there quick." At least that would spice up the show a bit :lol:

Yeah that part in skiing mag was definitely from Crystal Mountain. When I was reading the article from Morning Call I didn't realize they were talking about both places in the article. When I read about the search for a lost skier in the backcountry I thought they meant it was at blue. Even though blue has no backcountry I figured they were just looking for a lost skier on the mountain and said backcountry to spice things up. Could you image getting lost in the backcountry of Palmerton :lol: Heck if you get lost at blue that's just as pathetic.

I was thinking to myself in the last post how funny it would have been if they had interviewed you. "This is GrilledSteezeSandwich from PASR I got here at 7am and got some fresh POE. Switchback is good but don't tell anyone. Always use smartstyle and look before you leap and watch out for Mark Miller and his frozen lube. I gotta go and bust a flow on the new 6 pack that really boots you up there quick." At least that would spice up the show a bit :lol:

Yeah that part in skiing mag was definitely from Crystal Mountain. When I was reading the article from Morning Call I didn't realize they were talking about both places in the article. When I read about the search for a lost skier in the backcountry I thought they meant it was at blue. Even though blue has no backcountry I figured they were just looking for a lost skier on the mountain and said backcountry to spice things up. Could you image getting lost in the backcountry of Palmerton :lol: Heck if you get lost at blue that's just as pathetic.

The lost skier is at Blue....Wait til you see who it is.

I hope it's on the same episode with the guy with a deadly weapon. I know that was at blue because it was in the paper.
The deadly weapon episode should be really exciting. Maybe a ski patroller jumps in front of a poison arrow to save one of Blues lift attendants from a trip to the dentist.

I finally saw the show last night. It wasn't terrible. Aside from the lame set up shots of the patrollers running up to their skis, clicking in and skiing away, and the ridiculous dialogue it was fairly watchable.

I saw a few minutes of the crystal mountain one, its alright but I feel like the Blue one will be so much lamer. They were talking about avalanche beacons and what not and it just made me think how their Ski Patrol is aimed at being EMS & SAR, while the Blue Mountain and Camelback ski patrollers act like their job is to be EMS & State Trooper.

I couldn't agree more Method. Even a relatively boring day at a big mountain like that is exponentially more exciting than anything that can happen at blue. I loved when they would show the trail map too. They seemed to like to emphasize how far the patrollers had to ski to get to people and then how far/hard it was to get them down to help. Nothing like that going on at Blue unless they try to tell us that its really called Lazy 3 Miles.

From the patrollers I've talked to in CO, their job is far more about logistics of the ski area. Maintaining signage, throwing bombs, trail openings/closures. Honestly there aren't nearly as many people hurt as the EC resorts. Also crowd control is SO much more important on the EC. The cowboy end of the job is definitely working at a big resort in the west, but picking an overcrowded icy PA resort isn't a bad look either for action. I give those guys just as much respect, even if the logistics of the job aren't as tough.

just watched the trailer on blue's website.. the shot of that kid with his leg twisted the wrong way, NASTY.

For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Kid with his leg in a tid-fib....

A tid-fib is a word the patroller's used....