New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

• 9 months later...

The Tent sale came through for me. Got some new boots. Salamon XPro 80s Size 28.5. Red and Black. Tried on a bunch of boots and had a full blown boot fitting session in a hot soggy tent. I'm pretty stoked. Scored a sweet deal and I'm one step closer to doing the Pocono Shuffle on two planks. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Bout time dude

ya, i actually took the time to do research and find brand new leftovers from 2 years ago online for like $95.  usually i just go to the shop, buy whatever the new model for the current season is and let my wallet take the hit.  this is literally the first snowboard product i have ever bought which isnt the current model year.

Edited by theprogram4

9 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Nice! What’d you end up going with?

ride ex bindings like i have now.  i was 10 minutes from leaving my house to go to buckmans yesterday, when i realized id simply be buying this years 2019 bindings, but with a 20% discount.  $160 is way better than $200, but at the end of the day, binding technology doesnt change much year to year when i could buy a cheaper model from years past.  also, buckmans has a habit of selling a previous season's binding as if they are the current seasons binding.  i checked their site, and sure enough, they are selling 2018 ride bindings but acting like they are the 2019 models.  anyway, it was between 2017 EX bindings for $102 total, or 2018 EX bindings for $120 total.  i decided to save the $18 cause they are essentially identical bindings

6 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

ride ex bindings like i have now.  i was 10 minutes from leaving my house to go to buckmans yesterday, when i realized id simply be buying this years 2019 bindings, but with a 20% discount.  $160 is way better than $200, but at the end of the day, binding technology doesnt change much year to year when i could buy a cheaper model from years past.  also, buckmans has a habit of selling a previous season's binding as if they are the current seasons binding.  i checked their site, and sure enough, they are selling 2018 ride bindings but acting like they are the 2019 models.  anyway, it was between 2017 EX bindings for $102 total, or 2018 EX bindings for $120 total.  i decided to save the $18 cause they are essentially identical bindings

Thats f***** up. Way to figure that out.

Just completed my dirtbag alpine touring set-up at the Pico ski swap with a pair of cheap 2014 Dynastar Cham 97s that have never been mounted. Now I have skis,  frame bindings, climbing skins, and touring boots all for less than $600.  The whole set-up weighs about 50 pounds and the boots are too soft, but heck,  if there's a powder day I can ski from my front door.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Just completed my dirtbag alpine touring set-up at the Pico ski swap with a pair of cheap 2014 Dynastar Cham 97s that have never been mounted. Now I have skis,  frame bindings, climbing skins, and touring boots all for less than $600.  The whole set-up weighs about 50 pounds and the boots are too soft, but heck,  if there's a powder day I can ski from my front door.

Are frame bindings different than alpine touring bindings??  50 pounds?  Did you weigh them. That sounds like about 20 pounds too heavy.