New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

14 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Just completed my dirtbag alpine touring set-up at the Pico ski swap with a pair of cheap 2014 Dynastar Cham 97s that have never been mounted. Now I have skis,  frame bindings, climbing skins, and touring boots all for less than $600.  The whole set-up weighs about 50 pounds and the boots are too soft, but heck,  if there's a powder day I can ski from my front door.

I little surprised you haven't started looking into the tele world up there yet?  Or have you???

9 hours ago, indiggio said:

I little surprised you haven't started looking into the tele world up there yet?  Or have you???

Half the people I know here are tele skiers. I'd definitely like to try it, but I really want to work on getting my regular alpine skiing up a few notches.  I'm getting some sort of ski- industry pass  that's good for every Vermont resort, so imma take that thing for a ride!

GSS, my setup isn't literally 50 pounds, but it ain't light. Frame bindings ski like regular alpine bindings but are heavy and less efficient for climbing. They basically look like a demo binding except that you can lift the whole thing up at the heel. Salomon has a fancy new AT binding that's supposed to climb like a tech binding but ski like an alpine binding. If I can get a pro deal on those I may try them out. 

Bit of snow at Killington today and freeze warnings tonight!

• Like 3

Larry's is a great shop.  I will never go anywhere else now.  He is almost a one man show so you have to make an appointment but they spend time with you and I feel like they are not just throwing what they want to sell on your feet.  I have never had boots heat molded before.  I am excited to try them out.  It's amazing how much different companies differ in sizing.  I tried on Atomic's and Lange's in the same size and my feet were going numb just standing there for a few minutes.  

• Like 1

Blues Tent sale is this coming weekend.  Really its from 10 am until 11 am Saturday.  it gets cleaned out pretty quick.

https://www.skibluemt.com/upcoming-events/winter-tent-sale/

Ski Bum had theirs yesterday in Glen Mills, Chadds Ford, and Kennet Square.  At least thats where their tent ended up with yesterdays wind.   

I wanted to go to the sale at Blue but didn’t make it there so just bought a pair of Atomic vantage 95 C skis in a 186 length. The reviews I saw were good and they’re nice and stiff and have a bit of rocker.  What bindings should I buy?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wanted to go to the sale at Blue but didn’t make it there so just bought a pair of Atomic vantage 95 C skis in a 186 length. The reviews I saw were good and they’re nice and stiff and have a bit of rocker.  What bindings should I buy?

I feel like this is a troll, but Blue had a stack of Head RX 12 bindings with 95mm brake at the tent sale for $109. Maybe some left tomorrow