New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

22 hours ago, phillycore said:

Yeah no shit....

ZZ is a deer magnet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few friends that hunt who never see deer. I tell them if they want to bag a deer, all they need to do is let me drive them around at night (in their car of course) and they will have one in no time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Figured I would do the local business thing.

They were this years skis so the price was no different anywhere. Oh well

Good on you for trying to shop local. I worked retail in a hockey shop for 5 years so I always try to shop local too. 

I might get some heat for this and I do regularly shop at Buckmans for small items but I often find it hard to shop there for "big" purchases because of how high their mark ups often are. They had a $120 pair of pants on Burtons website, marked for $160. That's a 25% markup....come on man.

I ended up buying the same pair of pants from a local shop at the base of Hunter for $140. That's at least reasonable IMO.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Good on you for trying to shop local. I worked retail in a hockey shop for 5 years so I always try to shop local too. 

I might get some heat for this and I do regularly shop at Buckmans for small items but I often find it hard to shop there for "big" purchases because of how high their mark ups often are. They had a $120 pair of pants on Burtons website, marked for $160. That's a 25% markup....come on man.

I ended up buying the same pair of pants from a local shop at the base of Hunter for $140. That's at least reasonable IMO.

I will as much as I can. Amazon prime and backcountry makes things too easy. If I can get it for the same price, I’ll go to a store, but that doesn’t happen often. Brick and mortar stores are dying off for a reason. The only store I truly buy at in person most of the time is my local running store Aardvark, but that is because I get a discount there and they have given me a lot of the last few years I’ve been running. It’s like the old Nestor’s used to be - I’d just go there to hang out and chat with the employees. 

• Like 2