New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

59 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I’m really not either, we don’t have TV. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have to admit, I can be a binge watcher. Last show I binge watched was “Call the Midwife” I’d like to read the books it was based on. 

We actually just got rid of our cable. I couldn’t justify paying so much money for a handful of channels that my wife watches. Finally convinced her.

• Like 4

We actually just got rid of our cable. I couldn’t justify paying so much money for a handful of channels that my wife watches. Finally convinced her.

Funny you mention. Last night I discovered Philo. Has all the channels we watch for $16 a month. That's insane. On the trial period right now but it looks like a keeper. Between that, antenna and the streaming services we have more TV than we can possibly watch for literally nothing. Cord cutting is fun.

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Funny you mention. Last night I discovered Philo. Has all the channels we watch for $16 a month. That's insane. On the trial period right now but it looks like a keeper. Between that, antenna and the streaming services we have more TV than we can possibly watch for literally nothing. Cord cutting is fun.

We looked at that. Not enough sports and no ABC, NBC, etc...

Since I moved out on my own about 3 years ago I've never had cable. I couldn't even tell you the last time I actually played a video game, but I use my PS4 everyday for most of my entertainment. I use the Netflix app and the YouTube app for damn near everything. On YouTube I watch podcasts like Joe Rogan, MMA Hour, Joe Budden etc. etc (all long form 90+ min video casts). Plus ESPN, Fox Sports and other shows always put up 7-10 minute show segments from that day. I watch live sports thru piracy streams... please don't hate me.

The locals come through crystal clear over the air with the antenna. To your point though, the only thing I'll miss is NFL network... primarily for highlights which I can watch online and the Olympic channel. I'd rather watch dog shit on the sidewalk than ESPN.

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The locals come through crystal clear over the air with the antenna. To your point though, the only thing I'll miss is NFL network... primarily for highlights which I can watch online and the Olympic channel. I'd rather watch dog shit on the sidewalk than ESPN.

Do you have amazon prime? NFL network should be covered there. 

58 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I have learned that Philo is inexpensive due to no sports channels.  the sports channels are the most expensive for a streaming service to aquire.  There are just a few channels shy of what i get with directtvnow.  Having a service with a DVR is nice too, but i may be having a problem watching dvr'ed stuff out of my home.  not sure though.  sooo many options with streaming. 

39 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Do you have amazon prime? NFL network should be covered there. 

I'm still a rookie with what prime has to offer.  They have live tv?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, toast21602 said:

They have convinced us the consumers to pay to watch commercials. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, RidgeRacer said:

I'd rather watch dog shit on the sidewalk than ESPN.

If you like that you should move to Paris, according to what I heard on the radio recently, it is almost impossible not to step in it while walking down the sidewalk there.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:07 AM, toast21602 said:

I’ve said it before...I have YouTube TV.  I think it’s up to $40/month now, but I got in when it was $35.  The number of channels grows every day, but it’s over 40.  I get the local NBC, etc out of Philly/NY, Comcast shit for Philly sports.  Unlimited cloud DVR and can watch on my TV, laptop, iPhone. 

17 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I’ve said it before...I have YouTube TV.  I think it’s up to $40/month now, but I got in when it was $35.  The number of channels grows every day, but it’s over 40.  I get the local NBC, etc out of Philly/NY, Comcast shit for Philly sports.  Unlimited cloud DVR and can watch on my TV, laptop, iPhone. 

Can confirm. I dont personally have it but have 2 friends that have Youtube TV and love it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 6:36 AM, antman12 said:

Can confirm. I dont personally have it but have 2 friends that have Youtube TV and love it.

Eagles game switched over to Spanish on YouTubeTV last night and people were losing their minds.  I had to use my VPN and Game Pass to set up the feed in English. 

35 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Eagles game switched over to Spanish on YouTubeTV last night and people were losing their minds.  I had to use my VPN and Game Pass to set up the feed in English. 

I could see how that would be infuriating.

I would have loved to have had the Spanish radio stream live... Haha check this out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

You could have just turned on WIP. A lot of people turn down their TV and do that especially when Chris Collingsworth is a commentator. Even the Spanish would have been better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

You could have just turned on WIP. A lot of people turn down their TV and do that especially when Chris Collingsworth is a commentator. Even the Spanish would have been better.

Tried that, but the radio feed was ahead and didn't have a way to pause the radio or fast forward the TV into the future to synch up.  

• 2 weeks later...