New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

51 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I just punched it on a pair of 4frnt MSP 99’s that I got a screaming deal on. No more leaving a trail of flying snow and ice chunks in my wake (at least I think).

Nice. Maybe let schif run them over to even things up?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Does anyone know what brands of bindings they sell at Blue?  

Figure I could use my season pass discount if they have something that works for me.

I think i remember seeing Salomon, and maybe Marker.  They are a Rossi ski dealer, so i dont see why they wouldnt have some type of look/Rossi binding.  

As far as i know, they still do the equipment trade in (skis with current bindings) for $50.  So if you have some pair lying around you wont ever ski again, send them along.  

I sort of thought their prices on Bindings were a little high.  But....remember, you will get 10% off, and the bindings should mount for free, so it might end up being a wash.  It seems as though Blue has had quick turn around time on PASR peoples stuff lately, so thats always a bonus vs. Buckmans smiling at you and saying, "pick these up in 2 weeks"?

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Does anyone know what brands of bindings they sell at Blue?  

Figure I could use my season pass discount if they have something that works for me.

Tyrolia as well. If you buy bindings at Blue you get the mount included but bindings at Blue arena solid $100 more than online so it’s six and a half dozen. They have Look bindings as well but the PX’s are like $300

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think i remember seeing Salomon, and maybe Marker.  They are a Rossi ski dealer, so i dont see why they wouldnt have some type of look/Rossi binding.  

As far as i know, they still do the equipment trade in (skis with current bindings) for $50.  So if you have some pair lying around you wont ever ski again, send them along.  

I sort of thought their prices on Bindings were a little high.  But....remember, you will get 10% off, and the bindings should mount for free, so it might end up being a wash.  It seems as though Blue has had quick turn around time on PASR peoples stuff lately, so thats always a bonus vs. Buckmans smiling at you and saying, "pick these up in 2 weeks"?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tyrolia as well. If you buy bindings at Blue you get the mount included but bindings at Blue arena solid $100 more than online so it’s six and a half dozen. They have Look bindings as well but the PX’s are like $300

Thanks guys.  That helps. I'll probably either do Pivot 12's, 14's or Tyrolia Attack 13's depending on the selection they have.

My last 2 pairs of bindings were Pivot 14's but I'm thinking I could get away with 12's and save the $ since my DIN is like 10 or less.  

Forget going to Buckmans and waiting.  They do a fine job and everything, but I want to have my new setup in time to try it out before Jackson Hole.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Thanks guys.  That helps. I'll probably either do Pivot 12's, 14's or Tyrolia Attack 13's depending on the selection they have.

My last 2 pairs of bindings were Pivot 14's but I'm thinking I could get away with 12's and save the $ since my DIN is like 10 or less.  

Forget going to Buckmans and waiting.  They do a fine job and everything, but I want to have my new setup in time to try it out before Jackson Hole.

Sounds like a good plan. I love the excitement of new gear! (More when it is mine, though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Ski bum likes to completely disregard how you want your bindings mounted (center) and mount them how THEY think is best for you. 

They also took two weeks like Buckmans does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I've had good luck with Al's Ski Barn (www.untracked.com) having good prices, stock and sometimes will deal.

They will also mount binding for free.

• Like 1