New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

This sucks.
Brick and morter Ski shops struggle as it is these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just dropped my skis off to be re-mounted, as I suspected they weren’t mounted true center like I had originally asked for. Blame falls mostly on me for not checking that last year when I picked them up from the shop. Thought I would just give them a shot at that mount point and see what happens, definatley prefer the center mount over “factory”. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Just dropped my skis off to be re-mounted, as I suspected they weren’t mounted true center like I had originally asked for. Blame falls mostly on me for not checking that last year when I picked them up from the shop. Thought I would just give them a shot at that mount point and see what happens, definatley prefer the center mount over “factory”. 

Do you do rails and a lot of buttering?

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought new ski pants at Buckmans..I haven’t been able to find ski pants I like in at least 9-10 years as I bought first pair of ride snowboard pants 13-14 years ago and exact same pair a few years later.  Sucks pants that fit my waist have super long legs.  I don’t know how Johnny Law does it.  Found marker ski pants in the clearance..has this inner material which is weird..almost like mesh.  Anyway I’ll figure out how to shorten the legs.  Maybe with rubber bands. Least exciting purchase ever..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just bought new ski pants at Buckmans..I haven’t been able to find ski pants I like in at least 9-10 years as I bought first pair of ride snowboard pants 13-14 years ago and exact same pair a few years later.  Sucks pants that fit my waist have super long legs.  I don’t know how Johnny Law does it.  Found marker ski pants in the clearance..has this inner material which is weird..almost like mesh.  Anyway I’ll figure out how to shorten the legs.  Maybe with rubber bands. Least exciting purchase ever..

I got some Patagonia pants last year after an instructor tipped me off about their Worn Wear site- yeah I was skeptical about the 'worn' part...but when they arrived turns out they were brand spankin new....got em for half price, great deal
https://wornwear.patagonia.com/

• Like 3

I got some Patagonia pants last year after an instructor tipped me off about their Worn Wear site- yeah I was skeptical about the 'worn' part...but when they arrived turns out they were brand spankin new....got em for half price, great deal

I’ve bought 4 pairs of pants I wear to work on Worn Wear. Great site!
  • Like 3

On 2/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, Jersey Tomato said:

That Patagonia site is the tits...I scored a light weight down puffy for $90...It looks brand new...Worked great on my Long Trail hike....

• Like 2

60fbd91ce7cfaf031df189d10823b954.jpg

Found a new to me used gear shop with tons of stock. These get great reviews and 2 of my friends have them and love them. Have to take them to the bootfitter and get new inserts as ones that are in there now are custom and don’t fit my feet

• Like 4

60fbd91ce7cfaf031df189d10823b954.jpg

Found a new to me used gear shop with tons of stock. These get great reviews and 2 of my friends have them and love them. Have to take them to the bootfitter and get new inserts as ones that are in there now are custom and don’t fit my feet

I skied for ever with custom footbeds cause I have crazy high arches and always had to have inserts for running (predisposed to plantar fasciitis) so I just assumed I needed for skiing. This year on a lark I removed them and found I liked skiing without them much better. Hard to describe why. Lower to the ski kinda thing? I dunno but I’m not going back to footbeds again
  • Like 3

Oh geeze, I didnt know you're supposed to replace boots after a while. I was planning on skiing these til I retire. 

Funny story. I bought a pair of boots off Craigslist for $50 and met the guy in the Wawa in Oaks. It was legit, but I bought the boot based on my shoe size. Then when I bought my Elon'z the ski shop guy said my boots were too big and sold me my current pair for $400. At least my bruh got some use out of the Craigslist boots.

• Confused 2