New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Oh geeze, I didnt know you're supposed to replace boots after a while. I was planning on skiing these til I retire. 

Funny story. I bought a pair of boots off Craigslist for $50 and met the guy in the Wawa in Oaks. It was legit, but I bought the boot based on my shoe size. Then when I bought my Elon'z the ski shop guy said my boots were too big and sold me my current pair for $400. At least my bruh got some use out of the Craigslist boots.

When are you going to tell the funny story?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

6552adbc7e19975dd4846a2fbf9d0b97.jpg

Decided to pull the trigger in the Zelda’s. Every shop in town is out of stock. The place I rented them from gave me a really good deal on the demos with skins. At the very least now I can go play around in the snow whenever I want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick anecdote. Skied my prophets the other night for shits after 31 days on my sick days and I was hating them. Felt like I was stuck in the mud, working harder for turns etc. Loved that ski but not so much anymore. It's amazing how ski technology continues to progress and not necessarily visually. Will always look to upgrade after a few seasons.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Quick anecdote. Skied my prophets the other night for shits after 31 days on my sick days and I was hating them. Felt like I was stuck in the mud, working harder for turns etc. Loved that ski but not so much anymore. It's amazing how ski technology continues to progress and not necessarily visually. Will always look to upgrade after a few seasons.

I haven't been on my Prophets the entire season and only once or twice last season when we got some snow.

I like the flex of the Sick Days which is fine for groomers and powder, but when the crud is re-freezing like the other night they're just not up to the task.

Just now, indiggio said:

I haven't been on my Prophets the entire season and only once or twice last season when we got some snow.

I like the flex of the Sick Days which is fine for groomers and powder, but when the crud is re-freezing like the other night they're just not up to the task.

Are the Prophets wider than the sick days??

• 2 weeks later...