New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What did you price them at?

$250 I think.  I was gonna set them at $175, but the guy there said that they will get $250 easy.  I never have a clue how much stuff is worth.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hmmm it’s like do you want $250, $175 or Zero.  I think $250 is a little high..

I was thinking I could always put them at $175 for the 2nd tent sale in a couple weeks if they don't sell.  I do agree that 250 is a bit high, and as I type this I'm realizing that I should have just not listened to that guy, because I'm not gonna feel like going there and listing them again, and I don't need to be getting too greedy over $75.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I was thinking I could always put them at $175 for the 2nd tent sale in a couple weeks if they don't sell.  I do agree that 250 is a bit high, and as I type this I'm realizing that I should have just not listened to that guy, because I'm not gonna feel like going there and listing them again, and I don't need to be getting too greedy over $75.  

$175 is the perfect price...homey was just being greedy.  I’m in the business of pricing things in such a way that the prices are attractive and people feel like they’re getting a good value.  That’s why our lawn level markers are still $978..sure we could charge $1020 but wouldn’t seem as good of a deal and people aren’t dumb enough to be fooled by $999 or $995 pricing so $978 is the closest I can get to $1,000 without people thinking they’re spending a grand lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

$250 I think.  I was gonna set them at $175, but the guy there said that they will get $250 easy.  I never have a clue how much stuff is worth.  

I think $250 is high as well, but if you get it,......party!  i surely would not pay $250 for skis that have repeatedly sprayed shit in my face.  They might be fun to run over though, so lets see if they sell.  You got your money out of those skis for sure.    

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I think $250 is high as well, but if you get it,......party!  i surely would not pay $250 for skis that have repeatedly sprayed shit in my face.  They might be fun to run over though, so lets see if they sell.  You got your money out of those skis for sure.    

Could probably buy somebody a new table for $250.

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Got my skis waxed at the shop so they could tune the edges, but decided to go full in with a setup so I can start doing it myself rest of the season.

19d6d05daa01ec402157b1a8aafc4417.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just in case anyone doubted my previous statement that "Barb doesnt do anything half-assed", this should make that even more apparent.  

Nice set up Barb!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 1:31 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$175 is the perfect price...homey was just being greedy.  I’m in the business of pricing things in such a way that the prices are attractive and people feel like they’re getting a good value.  That’s why our lawn level markers are still $978..sure we could charge $1020 but wouldn’t seem as good of a deal and people aren’t dumb enough to be fooled by $999 or $995 pricing so $978 is the closest I can get to $1,000 without people thinking they’re spending a grand lol. 

On 10/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, JFskiDan said:

They sold!  I'm the proud recipient of a $237.50 gift card.  Might get new pants.

• Like 4