New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

And here I was thinking a softer ski might be the way to go. 

I want something that will feel solid and fully connected to the ground no matter what kind of chop I end up hitting. That's the wall that I'm currently hitting with my skiing right now. When things get bumpy I don't feel like I have the ability to either react fast enough, or power through it. 

23 minutes ago, Schif said:
And here I was thinking a softer ski might be the way to go.  I want something that will feel solid and fully connected to the ground no matter what kind of chop I end up hitting. That's the wall that I'm currently hitting with my skiing right now. When things get bumpy I don't feel like I have the ability to either react fast enough, or power through it.  

Dan knows more about the technical stuff than I do but usually if softer the less stable you feel. How heavy are your skis now?

Edit...it feels nice talking about skiing!

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Schif said:

I want something that will feel solid and fully connected to the ground no matter what kind of chop I end up hitting. That's the wall that I'm currently hitting with my skiing right now. When things get bumpy I don't feel like I have the ability to either react fast enough, or power through it. 

Stiffer ski...

19 hours ago, Schif said:

Thanks to watching entirely too many ski movies over the summer I'm really interested in some touring gear for this coming season. 

41 minutes ago, Schif said:

Ill be that guy, figure out how to ski, take a lesson, and be able to ski anything at least a Blue, including the bumps before buying touring gear. This goes for everyone, not trying to call you out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You know what'll happen... I'll buy the 104s...love them in all of blues conditions (sugar, ice and everything nice), take em on trips and my 94s will never leave the garage.

Decided to hold off on going wider on the sick day for now. Boots (Dalbello Panterra), however, have been purchased. It'll be interesting to see how they fit. Don't necessarily like purchasing boots online but don't feel like going to a shop either. If they feel off they're going back.

I have a prodeal with Flylow so I'll likely buy something when they launch their new gear. 

https://flylowgear.com/collections/womens-web-specials

In the meantime, I've been spending money on fixing up my basement. Before I "fixed it" up, it smelled like the kind of basement that has a college style beer pong table.

So far, I knocked down a wall, painted with Drylok, and I'm living that dehumidifier type of basement life. 

I snagged a squat rack from Rogue, a concept2 rower, built a jump box, and scored some weights from Dick's Sporting Goods and Target. Just trying to avoid the gym for next year or so, but still need to prep for skison 20/21

basement.thumb.jpg.0905bb0a777bafc7afa5cf28cbf8d68a.jpg

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 7

On 8/7/2020 at 1:40 PM, skiincy said:

I have a prodeal with Flylow so I'll likely buy something when they launch their new gear. 

https://flylowgear.com/collections/womens-web-specials

In the meantime, I've been spending money on fixing up my basement. Before I "fixed it" up, it smelled like the kind of basement that has a college style beer pong table.

So far, I knocked down a wall, painted with Drylok, and I'm living that dehumidifier type of basement life. 

I snagged a squat rack from Rogue, a concept2 rower, built a jump box, and scored some weights from Dick's Sporting Goods and Target. Just trying to avoid the gym for next year or so, but still need to prep for skison 20/21

basement.thumb.jpg.0905bb0a777bafc7afa5cf28cbf8d68a.jpg

Nice!  I think we have the same rack.  I definitely recommend the spotter arms so you can feel confident when lifting heavier and pushing yourself when you don’t have a spotter.  They are easily adjustable for squat and bench heights too.

1F9F4939-9C89-4DCB-869C-2DF4DA818E95.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

@NMSKI when we getting you out on that bike that's in the background?

I'd be up for a ride sometime soon.  I haven't been on the road in months though, only a bit of MTB this summer.  I'm sure I'm slow as hell.  

17 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'd be up for a ride sometime soon.  I haven't been on the road in months though, only a bit of MTB this summer.  I'm sure I'm slow as hell.  

Come up to Delps Park for a ride with us one evening

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Come up to Delps Park for a ride with us one evening

I'm going to invite myself to Delps with you one of these days. One of my friends spends lots of time in Bethlehem and bikes, skis, and does triathlons. She might give you guys a run for your money.

4 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Nice!  I think we have the same rack.  I definitely recommend the spotter arms so you can feel confident when lifting heavier and pushing yourself when you don’t have a spotter.  They are easily adjustable for squat and bench heights too.

1F9F4939-9C89-4DCB-869C-2DF4DA818E95.jpeg

Woot! Impressive! Have you had it for a while? The plates are sold out so I'm waiting for them to get back in stock.

Which bench do you use? Is it the Rogue bench? Is it worth it?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I'm going to invite myself to Delps with you one of these days. One of my friends spends lots of time in Bethlehem and bikes, skis, and does triathlons. She might give you guys a run for your money.

That would be great! It's a casual ride and not competitive, but sometimes @AtomicSkier likes to ride ahead and show off.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Woot! Impressive! Have you had it for a while? The plates are sold out so I'm waiting for them to get back in stock.

Which bench do you use? Is it the Rogue bench? Is it worth it?

Thank you!  I had to build the rack/arms/storage/bar/plates piecemeal by setting up notifications in the Rogue app.  I started buying items in early May and had everything by the end of May.  

I actually use an adjustable bench I got at Play It Again Sports a few years ago, but was thinking about getting a fancy Rogue bench soon along with some metal plates.  I like the bumper plates for deadlifting, but the metal ones take up so much less space.  

• 2 months later...

I know most people probably don't care because it's a snowboard...but I'll be picking up another board from Buckman's this week....Capita Outerspace Living - love my other Capita board that I bought used, but it's getting pretty beat up at this point.  Between the pre-season sale and the store credit from the tent sale (should be processed by now), I'll only end up paying about $275 for the board.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Looks like a pretty awesome board. Solid all around hard charger it seems. You'll have to let us know how those struts in there feel once you get it moving.  

Yeah it seems to be a great board from all the reviews I've read.  You're welcome to take it for a ride this season...not sure what size board you usually ride, this is a 154, reviews say up to a size 10 boot or so for width

2 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah it seems to be a great board from all the reviews I've read.  You're welcome to take it for a ride this season...not sure what size board you usually ride, this is a 154, reviews say up to a size 10 boot or so for width

Thanks! I appreciate that. My last 2 boards have been a 159 Wide. I've been locked into wide boards since I was in high school thanks to my annoying size 12 boots. 

On the - What Did You Buy So Far - list, you can add a pup. His name is Wally and he's a bernese mountain dog / poodle mix who will likely be in the parking lot this winter. 

Does Blue Mountain need a mascot like Parker, the mascot of Loveland. https://www.instagram.com/officialsnowdog/

Wally01.thumb.jpg.7808087afbc90495cb4890943ccb2af9.jpg

Wally02.thumb.jpg.36a3ce471f049ffc19aa382884ffb71a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, skiincy said:

On the - What Did You Buy So Far - list, you can add a pup. His name is Wally and he's a bernese mountain dog / poodle mix who will likely be in the parking lot this winter.

Cute pupper. Mascot material for sure!