New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@NMSKI do you still only have one pair of ski socks that you wear??  I’ll buy you some. 

I actually have a couple pairs now.  My favorite ones that I wore exclusively actually ripped on my Taos trip last year.  

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I actually have a couple pairs now.  My favorite ones that I wore exclusively actually ripped on my Taos trip last year.  

Oh damn. I always get holes in ski socks after about two seasons.  Atomic Jeff gave me a couple pairs of medium thickness ski socks like ten years ago that I still have floating around.  Not my favorites but good backups. I have to look into getting a thin buff to wear in the liftlines and on the lifts at blue.  Any recommendations??  I’m also going to get another pair of leather spring gloves like the copper mountain ones I got a few years ago.  I want a new jacket, new mid fat skis, helmet...on and on.  I’m lazy about shopping

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh damn. I always get holes in ski socks after about two seasons.  Atomic Jeff gave me a couple pairs of medium thickness ski socks like ten years ago that I still have floating around.  Not my favorites but good backups. I have to look into getting a thin buff to wear in the liftlines and on the lifts at blue.  Any recommendations??  I’m also going to get another pair of leather spring gloves like the copper mountain ones I got a few years ago.  I want a new jacket, new mid fat skis, helmet...on and on.  I’m lazy about shopping

The whole buff thing is going to be major trial and error for me.  My goggles fog up like nobody's business when I wear any kind of mask so I'm hoping that my heated goggles can fight the fog, or I find a really breathable buff which defeats the purpose of wearing one in the first place.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

The whole buff thing is going to be major trial and error for me.  My goggles fog up like nobody's business when I wear any kind of mask so I'm hoping that my heated goggles can fight the fog, or I find a really breathable buff which defeats the purpose of wearing one in the first place.  

Yup that’s my biggest anxiety going into the ski season..usually it’s if my pass will work.  I’m honestly not concerned about catching Covid in the great outdoors it’s mainly to adhere to ski resort rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I need to work on my outfit as well.  Early on in the Covid thing i had a buff, but just couldnt keep it over my nose without continually pulling it back up.  I was just given a new buff/scarfy looking thing at work that has earlops on it, and it looks like it would be decent for skiing, but if i put it over my eyes i could probably drive with it still.  its so thin its ridiculous.  Why we are giving stuff like this out at work that is not effective is beyond me.  

I want to make sure i am fashionable as well as safe when i hit the slopes this year.  

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I need to work on my outfit as well.  Early on in the Covid thing i had a buff, but just couldnt keep it over my nose without continually pulling it back up.  I was just given a new buff/scarfy looking thing at work that has earlops on it, and it looks like it would be decent for skiing, but if i put it over my eyes i could probably drive with it still.  its so thin its ridiculous.  Why we are giving stuff like this out at work that is not effective is beyond me.  

I want to make sure i am fashionable as well as safe when i hit the slopes this year.  

As long as you have your macadam midlayer you’re good to go. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I thought I had a good mask that would work, but then I realized that ear loops are rendered useless when you're wearing a helmet.  I absolutely need something that I can take up and down, so leaving something hooked around my ears isn't really an option unless it had super stretchy and durable strings.  I'm sure I'm totally overthinking it.  I really need to break out my helmet and some masks/buffs and do some testing at home before trying any of this on the slopes.  

what kind of helmet do you have @NMSKI? goggles can fog for a number of different reasons, but having a helmet and goggles that fit well together, with vents in the helmet that can force air down into the top of the goggles definitely helps. I know oakley doesn't make them anymore, but I've never had my crowbars fog up on me aside from the lens that I cracked, or suuuuper warm/wet days. No issues with a buff tucked up under the goggles on normal days.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I thought I had a good mask that would work, but then I realized that ear loops are rendered useless when you're wearing a helmet.  I absolutely need something that I can take up and down, so leaving something hooked around my ears isn't really an option unless it had super stretchy and durable strings.  I'm sure I'm totally overthinking it.  I really need to break out my helmet and some masks/buffs and do some testing at home before trying any of this on the slopes.  

Helmet with the ear straps (face palm!). I wasn’t even thinking about that.  I had seen rumors that some ski places want a real mask and not just a buff.  So yeah, with the helmet thing not sure how that will work. 

59 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

You’re gonna have to suck it up and wear your fancy heated goggles at Blue.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

what kind of helmet do you have @NMSKI? goggles can fog for a number of different reasons, but having a helmet and goggles that fit well together, with vents in the helmet that can force air down into the top of the goggles definitely helps. I know oakley doesn't make them anymore, but I've never had my crowbars fog up on me aside from the lens that I cracked, or suuuuper warm/wet days. No issues with a buff tucked up under the goggles on normal days.

I have a Smith helmet, not sure which model.  My problem is that I sweat an abnormal amount.  I can dress really light and I’m still sweating at the end of a run.  Not really a problem at blue, but out west or in VT it’s an issue.  I got some Abom goggles with the heated lens that work great, but I don’t like to wear them at blue because I don’t want them to get scratched to shit.  I might invest in a second pair if the mask fog is a persistent problem,  but they are kind of expensive so hoping to make do with what I have.

31 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I have a Smith helmet, not sure which model.  My problem is that I sweat an abnormal amount.  I can dress really light and I’m still sweating at the end of a run.  Not really a problem at blue, but out west or in VT it’s an issue.  I got some Abom goggles with the heated lens that work great, but I don’t like to wear them at blue because I don’t want them to get scratched to shit.  I might invest in a second pair if the mask fog is a persistent problem,  but they are kind of expensive so hoping to make do with what I have.

Why would goggles get scratched to shit at Blue??