New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

10 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

No matter how many dumps I take before leaving, I usually end up making a stop along the way 

I poop 9,000,000,000,000 times in the morning when I am on trips out west.  Mostly because I’m excited and I’ve eaten and drunk weird stuff.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a 20% any "soft goods/apparel" coupon for Buckman's - valid from December through sometime in January...They gave it to me when I bought my snowboard last month, but I don't think I'll use it.  If anyone wants it, let me know.  It should be valid on a new jacket, etc. but I don't really need anything.

• Like 1

i'm going to pick up equipment this coming weekend and was hoping that whoever might know about goggles could help. here's a list of what should be available - https://www.iambenmartin.com/goggles.txt sorry that the styles/colors are abbreviated. 

like others, i'm sure, i have a lot of problems with the flat light - a whole lot. if anyone could point out which of these might be best, it'd be very helpful. thanks.

49 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm going to pick up equipment this coming weekend and was hoping that whoever might know about goggles could help. here's a list of what should be available - https://www.iambenmartin.com/goggles.txt sorry that the styles/colors are abbreviated. 

like others, i'm sure, i have a lot of problems with the flat light - a whole lot. if anyone could point out which of these might be best, it'd be very helpful. thanks.

Smith whatever fits your helmet/face with ChromaPop storm yellow lens or Oakley whatever fits your helmet/face with Prizm rose, pink, or persimmon lens. I've accumulated like 5 or 6 different lenses for my crowbars over the years, and I use the prizm rose lens probably 90+% of the time. Unless it's a super sunny spring day, or a clear day out west, they block out enough light, and I think they do just as well at night and even better on overcast days than the high intensity yellow lens that was kinda the standard for those conditions for many years. Don't be deceived by light transmission values and see that obviously a clear lens lets through the most light and think it's best for low light days. While some of the color options do technically block out some light, the base color and various laminates or coatings that are used help to enhance certain colors which increases contrast. So while everything may technically be "darker" while wearing something like the prizm rose lens, you can actually make out contours in the snow, ice, etc better. I swear it's not just marketing hype; everyone I know who's looked through a prizm lens has been pretty surprised by the difference it actually makes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

there are a few options here that will fit. out of rose / pink / persimmon, which would be best? or is there no real difference. 

for the smiths, does the rose fall into the mix there or just yellow for those and pinks for Os?

thanks for the thorough explanation, much appreciated.