New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

29 minutes ago, Benm said:

there are a few options here that will fit. out of rose / pink / persimmon, which would be best? or is there no real difference. 

for the smiths, does the rose fall into the mix there or just yellow for those and pinks for Os?

thanks for the thorough explanation, much appreciated.

I don't know the specifics of Smith's lenses as well as Oakley, sorry. This chart from Oakley should help ya out with lens choice from them, though.

image.thumb.png.ca313119f0a8b94cd4e8dfb7f0f2c61a.png

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Nice. I’m keeping an eye out for a can’t pass up price on some Rossi Soul 7s. Demo’d them in Steamboat last year and think they’ll replace the 88s as my daily driver. Not really a need though, so I’m just casually watching

https://www.levelninesports.com/rossignol-soul-7-hd-skis-2020/

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Shadows said:

that was an exceptional purchase for having no idea what you bought.

The binding or the skis? I've been looking at the skis since Jan. I also knew that I wanted pivots and didn't need a din higher than 12, so they fit my reqs just by looking at them on the wall. I just didn't know if they had special model names. Turns out they do and these are the dual WTRs (17/18) which is what I didn't originally had no idea about.

Thanks though. 

2 hours ago, Benm said:

The binding or the skis? I've been looking at the skis since Jan. I also knew that I wanted pivots and didn't need a din higher than 12, so they fit my reqs just by looking at them on the wall. I just didn't know if they had special model names. Turns out they do and these are the dual WTRs (17/18) which is what I didn't originally had no idea about.

Thanks though. 

Did you get the 181s?

23 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Nice. I’m keeping an eye out for a can’t pass up price on some Rossi Soul 7s. Demo’d them in Steamboat last year and think they’ll replace the 88s as my daily driver. Not really a need though, so I’m just casually watching

Might want to do a bunch of research into Soul's on the Ice coast. 
Skiing and liking them out West may not translate as well to back here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Might want to do a bunch of research into Soul's on the Ice coast. 
Skiing and liking them out West may not translate as well to back here.

I’ve read up some and haven’t found anything too scary. I’d love to get a chance to demo them at Blue but I doubt we’ll see a demo day this year. If the shop has them to demo I’ll pony up to try them. I’m not in a huge hurry to replace the 88s, and I would probably keep trucking them along as a fall back at least until I had a number of days in most conditions to feel comfortable leaving them home. Not like space is a premium with the truck bed. Except Gaper day, lol.

I did demo the Sky 7 a couple seasons ago at Blue and liked them, but feel like it’s too close to my current ski to make sense to add them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I’ve read up some and haven’t found anything too scary. I’d love to get a chance to demo them at Blue but I doubt we’ll see a demo day this year. If the shop has them to demo I’ll pony up to try them. I’m not in a huge hurry to replace the 88s, and I would probably keep trucking them along as a fall back at least until I had a number of days in most conditions to feel comfortable leaving them home. Not like space is a premium with the truck bed. Except Gaper day, lol.

I did demo the Sky 7 a couple seasons ago at Blue and liked them, but feel like it’s too close to my current ski to make sense to add them.

Cool.  I saw the Souls a few years back out at Alta, practically everyone was skiing them out there.
I did some looking and from what I read, they're great for Western conditions, which is why you only see a smattering of them out here. 
Just wanted to throw it out there, as I don't know what you do or don't know about them.
As always, YMMV.