New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

You still in the RX130s? If you like them, i've seen some deals on RX/XT 120s and 130s floating around on the interwebs... not stellar deals, but ~$400 range instead of like $700+ retail.

Good memory, yep I’m still in the RX 130s and I like them a lot.  I’ve seen some of these great deals on the 120s but I’m a little nervous about the difference.  Probably wouldn’t even notice though especially since I took one of the screws out of the back of each boot a couple years ago.  

4 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Going to get some new footbeds this afternoon.  Only masking the problem of needing new boots but I can't figure out where to buy from or what to get so I'll continue procrastinating.

The boot doctor in Telluride is really good. I got my boots there last year. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

Haha, my current boots (and all the various things that have been done to them) are from the boot doctor's other location in Taos.  

Anybody know how to tell what size last my current boots are?  I forget if they are 97 or 100.

Edited by NMSKI

20 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Anybody know how to tell what size last my current boots are?  I forget if they are 97 or 100.

I don't think the last is typically stamped anywhere on boots.
May just have to do a search for the specs of the model you have and hope it's out there.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Good memory, yep I’m still in the RX 130s and I like them a lot.  I’ve seen some of these great deals on the 120s but I’m a little nervous about the difference.  Probably wouldn’t even notice though especially since I took one of the screws out of the back of each boot a couple years ago.  

What’s the reason for taking the screws out of the back of the boot?  

35 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I don't think the last is typically stamped anywhere on boots.
May just have to do a search for the specs of the model you have and hope it's out there.

Found them online, holy crap they are from 2012, that's at least 3 years older than I remember them being. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s the reason for taking the screws out of the back of the boot?  

You can make them less stiff by taking the screws out of the back.  I did it to see if I could tell the difference with one screw out of each, and I lost the screws because I am stupid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Does he still ski blue?

Yeah he skis on his daughters old race skis.  Years ago I was screaming at him in the liftline that he was an internet troll when he was with his professional looking friends and he said I was harassing him. Then late last season he skied some runs with me and Atomic Jeff and had a blast.  

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Still in the market for xc skis if anybody comes across anything.

you have skis with touring bindings... get some skins! not exactly the same, but it's a thought.

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Haha, my current boots (and all the various things that have been done to them) are from the boot doctor's other location in Taos.  

If the cuff has the "L.V." graphic on it, it's low 97mm. If it doesn't, it's 100mm.image.png.22397ed29f0cfd90df193dbba185337e.png

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

@Justo8484 did his model even have the white cuff?  Aren't they all green

2 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

you have skis with touring bindings... get some skins! not exactly the same, but it's a thought.

If the cuff has the "L.V." graphic on it, it's low 97mm. If it doesn't, it's 100mm.image.png.22397ed29f0cfd90df193dbba185337e.png

Mystery solved, thank you!  No LV on mine, otherwise exact same boot so I’ll be in the market for 100mm.

Edited by NMSKI
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, Barb said:

I got my boots at Larry’s in Boulder. It’s great place.

Before covid. It was one of places that peopl3 drank beers while finding boots and talking skiing. A local shop with experts all around. ❤️ 

• Like 2

It’s a small purchase but I’ve been on the hunt for the best gaiter or mask for skiing.

ive been loving the Outdoor Research face mask. I’ve seen it written up in a few articles but when I saw it at Wasatch Touring, I finally decided to give it a go.

Huge fan. You can find it on Amazon, REI, and other places

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/face-masks-and-filters

8b8783c6-d35b-4b1b-88db-fbe12666458b?siz

• Like 2

8 hours ago, skiincy said:

It’s a small purchase but I’ve been on the hunt for the best gaiter or mask for skiing.

ive been loving the Outdoor Research face mask. I’ve seen it written up in a few articles but when I saw it at Wasatch Touring, I finally decided to give it a go.

Huge fan. You can find it on Amazon, REI, and other places

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/face-masks-and-filters

8b8783c6-d35b-4b1b-88db-fbe12666458b?siz

How breathable is it?
I'm in search of something that filters, but doesn't inhibit airflow as much as the one I currently have.
Breathing during exercise with it on is like trying to suck a golfball through a gardenhose, so obviously I can't suck hard enough.

• Like 1