New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

Out of curiosity, do you not like something about your current BMX? Or is it just time for something new?

The BMX’s are amazing skis but I wanted something new..I’m sure I’ll be skiing the BMX’s for another 2-3 seasons along with the FX96s. On spring days I can ski the FX96s for when it’s that super icy refrozen hardpack and when it softens switch to the BMX’s.  I bought Atomic Vantage 95 skis in a 186 two seasons ago for cheap and only used them about 5 days.  They are too squirrelly at high speeds. Was a major downgrade from atomic Jeff’s old mantras I used for a few seasons.  I’ll be giving away those skis in the lot at Blue sometime real soon..anybody interested???

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The BMX’s are amazing skis but I wanted something new..I’m sure I’ll be skiing the BMX’s for another 2-3 seasons along with the FX96s. On spring days I can ski the FX96s for when it’s that super icy refrozen hardpack and when it softens switch to the BMX’s.  I bought Atomic Vantage 95 skis in a 186 two seasons ago for cheap and only used them about 5 days.  They are too squirrelly at high speeds. Was a major downgrade from atomic Jeff’s old mantras I used for a few seasons.  I’ll be giving away those skis in the lot at Blue sometime real soon..anybody interested???

Give them to Salty. He could use an addition to his quiver. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They are too long for salty.  I thought maybe Schifdawg but he weighs too much for them and would need a remount for his giant feet. Also thought pops and too long for him. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’d be interested in trying them against the Rossi 88s. Pulled the trigger on Soul 7s today but would probably still ski the 88s on hard/frozen days. 

Edit: didn’t read further to see that you think Schif is too heavy for them, that would certainly apply to me then, lol

Edited by enjoralas

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Wao, thanks for the offer! I actually started typing in my old RTM thread that maybe it's time for me to try something longer and wider. While I rip down groomers great, I still have a hard time in ungroomed. Maybe more advanced skis will help a tad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Wao, thanks for the offer! I actually started typing in my old RTM thread that maybe it's time for me to try something longer and wider. While I rip down groomers great, I still have a hard time in ungroomed. Maybe more advanced skis will help a tad? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, aren't you 6' something after all??

On 2/3/2021 at 3:09 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Center mounted?

Hell no that's the picture, on the line but it is forward of other similar skis. 

My favorite ski ever is the LP's I ski it alot to this day but almost all my skis are 27+ radius kinda territory. The corvus I was looking for something that skis like the LP and is shorter radius plus I always wanted to own a pair of crows to check them out.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They are too long for salty.  I thought maybe Schifdawg but he weighs too much for them and would need a remount for his giant feet. Also thought pops and too long for him. 

My feet aren't that giant. What's the average boot size? I'm in 28.5. Sneakers and snowboard boots are size 12

Edited by Schif

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wish I had skis that were my weight like you. 

Never thought about this, but I was pretty damn close to my skis being my weight before I had to start bulking for the vaccine.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

didn't realize you had a 27.5 boot, @GrilledSteezeSandwich. Coulda sworn you were a 28.5 like @toast21602. Vantage sounds like a fun ski, but I'm probably lowest on the list of people who need/deserve it except for maaaybe @Johnny Law. Speaking of which, I'd be very curious to ski the black crows; I assume you have em mounted for a 28.5 though?

28 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

didn't realize you had a 27.5 boot, @GrilledSteezeSandwich. Coulda sworn you were a 28.5 like @toast21602. Vantage sounds like a fun ski, but I'm probably lowest on the list of people who need/deserve it except for maaaybe @Johnny Law. Speaking of which, I'd be very curious to ski the black crows; I assume you have em mounted for a 28.5 though?

I was a 28.5 boot until like maybe ten years ago.  I didn’t realize you’re supposed to have a smaller boot size than sneaker size until then. That was the first time somebody in a ski shop actually measured my foot 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was a 28.5 boot until like maybe ten years ago.  I didn’t realize you’re supposed to have a smaller boot size than sneaker size until then. That was the first time somebody in a ski shop actually measured my foot 

Others haven't measured?! Did you scare them off ;)? Or were they just not good bootfitters? 

• Like 1