New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Let me know if you’re gonna night ski again this season and I’ll meet you up there.  Been a few years. 

I definitely want to.  I really didn't last year because everyone was going up during the day due to flexible work schedules and I'm not hard core enough to drive my ass up there for a solo night session.  

59 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

When I go up for night skiing, this is the way I go to avoid traffic on 22.  It's almost exactly the same amount of time for me.  Only reason I take the lehigh valley exit on weekends is in case I need to stop and pee or get gas since there are more places to stop along the way.  

Yes, the food and gas options are the same reason I take that way as well

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I definitely want to.  I really didn't last year because everyone was going up during the day due to flexible work schedules and I'm not hard core enough to drive my ass up there for a solo night session.  

And the season before you didn’t it’s all good.  I didn’t night ski at all last season cause on ski days I’d come into work at like 1130.  

• Like 1

I think I night skied twice last year and it was times I was coming or going to/from the Scranton area and I just made a stop. The first 3 years I was on the snow I didn't go during the day once but now I don't know how I feel about it. The crowd is way different at 7pm than 8am and I don't find the joy in trying to turn and hope it's not a complete sheet of ice, which was absolutely the case one of the nights I was there. 

Just now, Schif said:

I think I night skied twice last year and it was times I was coming or going to/from the Scranton area and I just made a stop. The first 3 years I was on the snow I didn't go during the day once but now I don't know how I feel about it. The crowd is way different at 7pm than 8am and I don't find the joy in trying to turn and hope it's not a complete sheet of ice, which was absolutely the case one of the nights I was there. 

That is how I feel about it. Not the biggest fan, but I did go once last year on a warm spring-like day. Those are enjoyable or of course when it is snowing. That might have been my first time since I used to do the Monday racing. Some people love it, especially when the crowds leave. Different strokes for different folks! 

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

In 6th-8th grade with school I only night skied and only went during the daytime with my dad and friends a few times those years.  If it’s really icy and you’re not Atomic Jeff with razor sharp edges there are two options..straight run like me or do the pocono shuffle like @saltyant

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is how I feel about it. Not the biggest fan, but I did go once last year on a warm spring-like day. Those are enjoyable or of course when it is snowing. That might have been my first time since I used to do the Monday racing. Some people love it, especially when the crowds leave. Different strokes for different folks! 

This song has me shaking my tailfeather. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody ever molded their own intuition liners?  When I got new boots last season I stuck my old intuitions in there, but they need to be replaced.  Not sure I trust myself to do the heat molding with the bag of rice in the microwave, but not sure who I do trust around here either.  

I'd be interested to hear if it's super easy or if I should seek a professional.  

6 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Anybody ever molded their own intuition liners?  When I got new boots last season I stuck my old intuitions in there, but they need to be replaced.  Not sure I trust myself to do the heat molding with the bag of rice in the microwave, but not sure who I do trust around here either.  

I'd be interested to hear if it's super easy or if I should seek a professional.  

I was not aware you could mold them yourself. I had mine done in the skate over at the hockey rink at play at, just in a lower setting than you would mold hockey skates on. Worked fairly well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I've read about people doing them in the oven at like 200-250', but I've not actually tried it.

You can get them done at Blue, but of course you'll pay for it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Where did you buy the boots? Buckmans told me I could go back to redo the liners an additional time, not sure if there was a time limit in when you had to go back.   The guy who did my snowboard boots at Exton (Sean) was good but not sure about the ski guys there

22 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Also just remembered that having them done at a shop, they’ll have toe boxes that they can put on your feet to expand the liner in the toe area a little, if that’s an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Where did you buy the boots? Buckmans told me I could go back to redo the liners an additional time, not sure if there was a time limit in when you had to go back.   The guy who did my snowboard boots at Exton (Sean) was good but not sure about the ski guys there

Bought them online, but I’d be willing to pay a reasonable amount for fitting.

58 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Don't Intuition liners also mold with body heat?,,,I have Intuitions in my Full Tilts and Vans ...never had them molded....never had any issues....but I'm sure some cases require it..

The ones I like (pro tongue) are really stiff and I think heat is necessary.  At least it was with my first set which I had done in a shop at Taos. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

The ones I like (pro tongue) are really stiff and I think heat is necessary.  At least it was with my first set which I had done in a shop at Taos. 

With all the dealings that I’ve had with Intuition liners, I’ve been told to ski in them a few times then have the liner heat molded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Don't Intuition liners also mold with body heat?,,,I have Intuitions in my Full Tilts and Vans ...never had them molded....never had any issues....but I'm sure some cases require it..

Yeah they more you wear them, the better they form, especially wearing them spring skiing when everything really warms up.

• Like 1