New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

5 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Expensive visit to Buckman's today, even with Pro discount; I got new Atomic Hawx 100 boots, Atomic AMID Visor helmet and wife got Salomon S/Pro 80 boots. Let the stoke begin. Learned something today, new boot soles out there, WalkGrip. Need to change out the removable plates at toe and heel to fit bindings unless you have latest bindings. Different shape to the soles and won't fit the toe of binding especially. Ask if you are getting boots!

BC pass this year again?

1 hour ago, mgguy said:

Expensive visit to Buckman's today, even with Pro discount; I got new Atomic Hawx 100 boots, Atomic AMID Visor helmet and wife got Salomon S/Pro 80 boots. Let the stoke begin. Learned something today, new boot soles out there, WalkGrip. Need to change out the removable plates at toe and heel to fit bindings unless you have latest bindings. Different shape to the soles and won't fit the toe of binding especially. Ask if you are getting boots!

Love my Atomic Hawx boots. They were comfortable right out of the box 

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to just toss it. I have  tried to donate older helmets before but they always say after 5+ years the material breaks down and they won’t accept them. Or if you are artsy put some flowers in it? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xNick11 said:

Picked up some ARV 96's with Pivot 14's for this year. Need to get fitted for new boots. What are some good shops close to Philly for boot fitting these days? Hope to see some of the OG's at Blue this year!

Welcome back XNick, I think the last time I saw you, you had braces and now you’re probably married with kids lol

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m gonna check out the montgomeryville Buckmans Saturday. I need a new kit or a new fit whatever the kids call it and new helmet and prob get socks and under armor..maybe another pair of goggles…

That's so rad. You should document your journey to Buckmans in a vlog. You can provide commentary when you leave the hotel house, get in your car, begin driving, play some mad tunes, stop at Wawa for a Steezeburger, continue driving, continue playing mad tunes, arrive at Buckmans, greet the hot ski chick workers, and assess the situation. Then you can vlog detailed reviews of your new helmet and possible socks, under armor, and pair of goggles purchases. Once the ski season starts, you can get a GoPro selfie stick and vlog commentary on each item while skiing. That would be sick bird.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's so rad. You should document your journey to Buckmans in a vlog. You can provide commentary when you leave the hotel house, get in your car, begin driving, play some mad tunes, stop at Wawa for a Steezeburger, continue driving, continue playing mad tunes, arrive at Buckmans, greet the hot ski chick workers, and assess the situation. Then you can vlog detailed reviews of your new helmet and possible socks, under armor, and pair of goggles purchases. Once the ski season starts, you can get a GoPro selfie stick and vlog commentary on each item while skiing. That would be sick bird.

I’m staying overnight down there and going to Pumpernicks deli and a Mexican restaurant and probably Trader Joe’s.  

• Thanks 1

I got a new helmet, I figured after 17 years time to replace the Giro fuse.  My per day cost on that helmet was like ten cents so got my moneys worth out of it.  Also got a new jacket, new socks and new goggles.  Buckmans was empty and the guy working there said Blue prob won’t open this weekend cause the rain will wash away all the snow.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My per day cost on that helmet was like ten cents

Please provide supporting documentation to substantiate this figure over the lifetime of your helmet usage which encompasses total cost of helmet including sales tax, and daily cost of skiing session. For ski sessions in which a season pass was used, provide a breakdown of total cost of season pass divided by number of days skied to calculate average daily cost. Please also include number of runs skied per day so the break down of helmet cost per run can be determined as well.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Please provide supporting documentation to substantiate this figure over the lifetime of your helmet usage which encompasses total cost of helmet including sales tax, and daily cost of skiing session. For ski sessions in which a season pass was used, provide a breakdown of total cost of season pass divided by number of days skied to calculate average daily cost. Please also include number of runs skied per day so the break down of helmet cost per run can be determined as well.

Just believe me on they take the price of my helmet along with then number of days I’ve skied in 17 seasons.  BINGO yes that’s a dog 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First day on Head Kore 93s, 170s. Going wider and shorter for old geezer skis. Had demoed them at Tahoe last spring and liked the the most of the wider skis I tried. Did well today, relatively fast turning, handled the mid morning marbles and was able to do speed control skidding a lot better than my longer Rossi Experience 88s.  

Blue Mountain ski shop experience was very good. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...