New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

Maybe the wire got bent? Not sure but the replacement kit is free and is shipping to me now. The laces are metal, which I like because they have less give than a standard lace and adjustments can be made in a second or two. 

My bike shoes have a boa with plastic laces which are really comfortable since they are much closer to my actual foot than on the snowboard boots. This is really the first issue I've had with BOA. 

My son’s cable broke on his snowboard boots once and I found a local skateboard shop to fix it. However, the guy gave me a lecture about how much boa systems suck and that we should all use laces. I used to love my boas. I find it interesting that some ski boots are starting to use boa systems. I would never buy a pair of first generation technology though. 

1 minute ago, Barb said:

My son’s cable broke on his snowboard boots once and I found a local skateboard shop to fix it. However, the guy gave me a lecture about how much boa systems suck and that we should all use laces. I used to love my boas. I find it interesting that some ski boots are starting to use boa systems. I would never buy a pair of first generation technology though. 

Do you miss snowboarding at all?  

• 2 weeks later...

Late night offer I couldn't refuse....20230311_182219.thumb.jpg.ae1000b2f72bcbb3a3bef64f3203672d.jpgSame size as my other FT..but has a shorter BSL..by 12mm....I know shit about bindings...Anyone know if that difference can be adjusted out in the binding...Really don't want to do a remount...would rather by new skis/bindings

Any opinions on bindings...Mostly resort ...Maybe 10% off resort if that....

Out of the box they feel good...They're hella stiffer than my old boots....I'm psyched... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Late night offer I couldn't refuse....20230311_182219.thumb.jpg.ae1000b2f72bcbb3a3bef64f3203672d.jpgSame size as my other FT..but has a shorter BSL..by 12mm....I know shit about bindings...Anyone know if that difference can be adjusted out in the binding...Really don't want to do a remount...would rather by new skis/bindings

Out of the box they feel good...They're hella stiffer than my old boots....I'm psyched... 

You'll be able to get 12mm out of most bindings, typically all in the heel so you'll be a bit more forward that before. Do you know what bindings you have now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

18 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

You'll be able to get 12mm out of most bindings, typically all in the heel so you'll be a bit more forward that before. Do you know what bindings you have now?

I zoomed in, assuming for the ski in the back, looks like SPX 12. Pretty sure you will have enough range with that, and it's easy to adjust. If you're skiing/riding Blue tomorrow bring skis and boots and we can take care of it or rule out success at the very least

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

All depends on the type of bindings you have.  Like @enjoralas said, if it's the skis in the pic, you'll probably be able to get the necessary movement.  Pivots on the other hand...lots of luck as they don't have a lot of travel.

Nice boots regardless!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Shop said no go on the binding adjustment so prolly new skis/bindings..

That stinks. I would've tried it myself anyway just to check. I haven't been impressed with the Blue shop this season.

If you're shopping for new though I'll vouch for outdoorxl.com. I just got those Sender 94s from them, mounted with Pivot 15s for at least $100 less than I saw anywhere else, even with $80 shipping. And I ordered on Tuesday and they arrived Friday.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got some Look Pivots at the tune shop end of season. Planned on getting another pair of Blizzard Black Pearls. I’ve really enjoyed them, they’re pretty versatile. Girl at the shop said the new ones aren’t as good as the old ones. Not sure what she meant by that. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some cheap gear, can only order one item at a time but its $1.00 plus shipping, which works out to around $10.  Obviously outdoormaster isn't going to be the same level of quality as brands like Smith and Oakley but $10 for a spare pair of goggles or a helmet isn't a bad deal 

https://outdoormaster.com/collections/sustainable-sale?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Eco Shopping Customer Winback&_kx=GeaB6e90Cie7fKFxZpFqDeDh3FSSwpa1IHeweWdYI0Q%3D.SSjt8y

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...