New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

13 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Nice! Did you get bindings? And I have a question about the Look Pivots if anyone has an answer. Bought them last year at Blue and had them mounted there early this season. Unfortunately, the people I trusted there to work on my stuff are gone. Anyhow, the one is really hard to get my boot in. All the DIN settings are the same. I don’t think it’s the boot, because it does it on either foot. 

I know there is some movement with the arms of the heel piece. I tried to stretch Pivots I had last year but I was asking to much and now Law shreds those Corvus'. You can turn the arms to loosen or tighten.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Nice! Did you get bindings? And I have a question about the Look Pivots if anyone has an answer. Bought them last year at Blue and had them mounted there early this season. Unfortunately, the people I trusted there to work on my stuff are gone. Anyhow, the one is really hard to get my boot in. All the DIN settings are the same. I don’t think it’s the boot, because it does it on either foot. 

Your forward pressure is too high, flip both heels up and using a big Phillips or number 20 pozi if you have one, turn the screws on the arms left.  You can see them move and there is little markings on the arms to keep it even.  

As you go around you'll feel it turn 1/4 or whatever at a time. I would start at 2 or 3 turns on both sides and test. 

You can theoretically get one full size out of the arms but only if it was mounted on the extremes of the arm adjustment otherwise it's more like half 

The way to know with pivots is the gap between the heal piece and the boot heal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Your forward pressure is too high, flip both heels up and using a big Phillips or number 20 pozi if you have one, turn the screws on the arms left.  You can see them move and there is little markings on the arms to keep it even.  

As you go around you'll feel it turn 1/4 or whatever at a time. I would start at 2 or 3 turns on both sides and test. 

You can theoretically get one full size out of the arms but only if it was mounted on the extremes of the arm adjustment otherwise it's more like half 

The way to know with pivots is the gap between the heal piece and the boot heal. 

Thanks. I’m not too confident in that sort of thing. Maybe Blue should fix them since they mounted them. There was a guy in the tune shop at Bear who was real good with them. Not sure if he’s there anymore. I also wear boot gloves when it’s cold wonder if that effects them. 

• Like 1

They should be able to adjust it for you in like 5 mins.  Basically read the values and adjust the screws but then you know your golden too. 

Pivots are always a little weird but I've never heard of boot gloves effecting them.  The screws can't be adjusted with the heal down so its not like you can do it by accident either. 

Old Soli bindings had a forward pressure screw on the wings that would back out over time so all the sudden you couldn't stay in but I've never heard of them getting tighter though that kinda makes sense for pivots as forward pressure is never as straightforward as lots of other bindings.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Thanks. I’m not too confident in that sort of thing. Maybe Blue should fix them since they mounted them. There was a guy in the tune shop at Bear who was real good with them. Not sure if he’s there anymore. I also wear boot gloves when it’s cold wonder if that effects them. 

If you decide to give it a try, the Oracle of YouTube will help...

• Like 3

Figured out what was giving me problems with my bindings. Was actually my boots! Watched the video posted on here- everything looked as it should be. Husband then looked at my boot heels. They are in some sad shape from wearing them in the lot, plus I have about 6 seasons on them. Bottom of heel was so curled up from walking in them, they were getting caught on the brakes! He shaved it off, I had no problem yesterday. Called Buckmans 2-4 weeks for new heel pieces. Not sure it’s worth it. Maybe time for new boots

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Those look like decent skis and boots. If she likes skiing she can take lessons with Mrs Snowbunski next season. 

She doesn't need lessons. All there is to skiing is hands forward ass up that’s the way we like to tuck

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...