The State of Sno Mountain?

Ride Delaware ?

How much trash talking went down on this forum about the quality of his work based on what they saw at snow? He's not allowed to answer that? If what he said is a lie, then it's messed up, if he speaks truth, I don't understand how you're going to knock it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn, In my opinion, nobody in that position should ever talk trash, no matter what the circumstance, but like i said, my opinion. I don't know who that statement was directed to, if it was to a forum, thats one thing, but if it was like a pm to Pappa or someone personally, thats a different story and its not that bad.

it was said in response to another thread on another board... it is what it is.. Look I have seen Neptunes work and what he is capable as far as building features. I really think that is what he is getting at, he wasn't given what he needed to do the job and on top of that he hasn't been paid? Whether it was the late Zaugg or the lack of snow to build, I think we should be grateful that we have direct responses. What would be even more awesome is to now hear Sno's side of the story.

Personally, I still outright refuse to believe Ryan when he said he wasn't provided with the resources needed.

Snow? There was a SHIT TON of snow on that trail. Tools? So many that he's donating them to Boulder. Pipe groomer? Ok, so that came later, but it was there. Resources as in people? I thought he came with a team. If not, Santa and his crew were always around ready to help.

The only thing I know of (and I already admitted I'm not an expert on this subject) that Sno did not provide was dirt work. But the way I look at it is if Sno can build a 22' pipe with snow alone, they can build a few features and hits working with just snow.

Again.. how many people have knocked Ryan for never showing up. Not sure what the arrangements were in that contract he signed...

Yeah it sucks to not get paid (for 8 months! ouch!)... but if I didn't come into work at my job, I wouldn't get paid either. :lol:

The only thing I know of (and I already admitted I'm not an expert on this subject) that Sno did not provide was dirt work.

for what it's worth, i understand that Neptune prefers making half pipes without digging dirt. i was told by Sno mgmt last year when they were blowing all the snow for the 22' pipe that Neptune liked having the flexibility of "moving" the pipe as they cut it and not being limited by the dirt hole.

It would be nice to hear Sno's side... (even if its sugar coated)

Pumped to hear about the projected opening date even though... (I don't have to say it)

Brian thanks for backing me up.

Neptune never even came personally last year, and Mike n Trent (Ryan's guys) were always talking shit on the mountain when they were here so you cant tell me this whole problem started eight months ago. they wanted out of that contract way before then because this was not the type of "Venue" they were used to, no TV, no huge crowds, my theory is neptune wasn't getting the publicity he wanted from sno (Besides from messing up his shoulder) and figured it was a lost cause. So he does a lousy job last year, sno was dissatisfied with his service, didn't get the business they hoped for and didn't pay him.

Now you guys can look it any way you want and I don't mean to gloat or anything but we know his crew, we spent time with them, and we kinda have a better feeling of how it was with them then someone who just saw his work and me and nick both know this and i'm sure he can back me up when I said they hated Sno, they hated flying out here to rebuild our park every time it got washed out, we know because we had to listen to them say it all the time, but hey, I don't blame them, but blaming the whole thing on sno is just not fair.

I tried editing it but it wouldn't let me change it, I'd like to correct myself, I didn't mean to say "Started eight months ago" I meant was because of not getting paid eight months ago, and didn't mean "Whole problem too" my point was just basically they wanted out before the second season, or at least at the beginning.

I'de also like to add at the end when I said "I don't blame them" because I know those guys had families they were away from for weeks at a time and i know it was getting very frustrating for them and they were really cool guys*

Hey Ryan, how's that shoulder doing? :rofl:lol:nana

I would think that if there are having cash problems that bad they would do everthing they can to open to get some cash flowing in. If they dont open this year then where will they get the money to ever open. They could try to seek out investors, but who would want to invest in a place that had to stay closed for a season. Thats just my opinion. I really don't know what the deal is up there execpt for what has been printed in the papers in the past.

I would think that if there are having cash problems that bad they would do everthing they can to open to get some cash flowing in. If they dont open this year then where will they get the money to ever open. They could try to seek out investors, but who would want to invest in a place that had to stay closed for a season. Thats just my opinion. I really don't know what the deal is up there execpt for what has been printed in the papers in the past.

They are opening. :banghead

I never stated they are not opening. I stated that they need to try their hardest or they will be in big trouble

"try their hardest" is a pretty pointless comment...they are a ski resort. But i was just throwing it out there for clarification since there has been some speculation by some. There will be resorts blowing with this upcoming cold stretch...look for Sno to be one of them.

"try their hardest" is a pretty pointless comment...they are a ski resort. But i was just throwing it out there for clarification since there has been some speculation by some. There will be resorts blowing with this upcoming cold stretch...look for Sno to be one of them.

What is so pointless about the statement try their hardest to open. If they are having the money issues that people are claiming they need to try their hardest to get the cash flow to make snow. Making snow is not cheap. I can't even imagine the electric bill alone. Not to mention labor costs and the chemicals they use to make the snow. I believe it is called snow max. So to try their hardest makes alot of sense. No Money = No Snow. It is simple economics. To make itclear I really like the mountain and want to see them make it. I am by no means looking for them to fail. Just so there is no misunderstanding there.

Edited by heretic177