What don't you like about the "new" Blue

AtomicSkier

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never liked it there comparatively to other areas. I don't know what it is, could be crowded slopes, the stench in the lodges, poor grooming, ticket windows and the upper parking lot, i just have never been a fan..

i hear ya. its just not a good vibe. but i cant say i dont like the place. i think it has more to offer than a lot of places, and it has a hell of a lot more potential than many other PA hills, thats for damn sure.

i think it has more to offer than a lot of places, and it has a hell of a lot more potential than many other PA hills

Yet many longtime Blue customers have talked about having more fun and a far more enjoyable experience at other PA hills. Potential is nothing if it is left as just that. Talk - Action = Zero...

Yet many longtime Blue customers have talked about having more fun and a far more enjoyable experience at other PA hills. Potential is nothing if it is left as just that. Talk - Action = Zero...

Bingo! Blue is the best mountain in PA. They are just dropping the ball. I hope they wake up.

Bingo! Blue is the best mountain in PA. They are just dropping the ball. I hope they wake up.

Well, if profit drops, I'm sure they will have to ask themselves some hard questions. I like the idea of a focus groups at the passholder events but they should also include ticket holders as well

I thought the "Club Room" at the summit lodge was supposed to become the passholder lounge. Right now its just full of random equipment.

I wonder if they are planning on following through with their promise of a passholder line at the 6-pack. Right now they have their usual set of signs up for doubles, triples, etc and ski school...nothing for pass holders. Obviously its not crowded yet but it makes me wonder if they will even do it...

I was thinking the same thing....I wish PASR had a Blue representative to answer our questions..I'll call Barbara up later on and see if she is interested..if not..maybe I'll ask her out on a date and get what I want the old fashioned way.. :sex:sex

still having those dreams i see....

I was thinking the same thing....I wish PASR had a Blue representative to answer our questions..I'll call Barbara up later on and see if she is interested..if not..maybe I'll ask her out on a date and get what I want the old fashioned way.. :sex:sex

...in her case, "old" would be the operative word

2003539473104265886_rs.jpg

care to share her email address?

No, no, I sent it thru the website but addressed it to her.

you sure it made it to her? you've gotta be very careful whose toes you step on up there.

or the general content of the email?

Not afraid to step on toes because I was nothing but appropriate and fair. As a business owner I love nothing more than customer feedback so I can't imagine why she wouldn't feel the same way. Besides, I'm not a season pass holder and never will be so what could really be done to me. Take that Blue Mt. Ha!

I'm a long time skier at blue and I'm not happy with the changes that are being made.

- Why are they spending so much time and money on snow tubing, really a tented structure, why would you do this? Is it to offset the taxes? Is it considered a permanent structure?????

- More tubing runs and a new lift for tubing. Shouldn't the first priority be skiing, it is a ski resort!!

- What a waste of time and money spent on Rock the Falls. It's a great concept but you have to start off small. One day of concerts and team up with a radio station for the added publicity and the knowledge of pulling off such an event. It really showed their lack of marketing knowledge. With that money the entire new trail could have been opened for this year.

- The addition of the 6 pack was great but we need more trails now to offset the amount of people on the slopes (Blue mountain is a dangerous mountain on weekend afternoons too many people!!!!)

- Snow conditions haven't been great the last few years. This past weekend was a good example. I expected Saturday to be a bust with the amount of rain we had during the week, but what a surprise ok condition. I really thought they would put down a layer of snow on the open trails overnight and Sunday would be great. No such luck no new snow blown on the open trails. Conditions were bad.

I'm a long time skier at blue and I'm not happy with the changes that are being made.

- Why are they spending so much time and money on snow tubing, really a tented structure, why would you do this? Is it to offset the taxes? Is it considered a permanent structure?????

- More tubing runs and a new lift for tubing. Shouldn't the first priority be skiing, it is a ski resort!!

Agreed, it seems like a waste

- Snow conditions haven't been great the last few years. This past weekend was a good example. I expected Saturday to be a bust with the amount of rain we had during the week, but what a surprise ok condition. I really thought they would put down a layer of snow on the open trails overnight and Sunday would be great. No such luck no new snow blown on the open trails. Conditions were bad.

Its December after all. Just be glad its skiable. I found some excellent snow on Lazy Mile. Main Street was excellent on Saturday but not so much on Sunday. I wouldnt say conditions were bad at all.

do they offer private tubing lessons yet?

yea tubing is a extra money an would be great if they put it back in the mt an parks but no instead they dumb 300 000 on a tent an waste more money on tubing an other carnival theme crap its so sick how good it could be there if they just used there damn heads there is so many people that work there that no what they are talking about but know one listens y dont u put some damn money into ur parks stop trying to make sidewinder work it never will it is the worse trail for a park ever guess who has the best trail umm hmm the slow skiers on paradise that is the only trail at blue worth puting a park on o an what is up with lower paradise that seems like the perfect jib park i was there for the spring rail jam perfect spot o an think barb if u had a jib park there everyone could use ur new great tent an go eat there an play in the new arcade but couldnt do that cuz then paradise wouldnt be the longest trail in the poconos rite

Snyder, seriously, if you want to make a point go right ahead, but for everyone's sake please make it legible. Punctuation and correct spelling and grammar go a long way around here. To counter your point, Tubing is a huge money maker for every resort. While they probably didn't have to spend as much on it as they did, you have to respect the dollars that tubing brings in and learn to live with it.