bleu ala gorgonzola 1/10

mbike-ski

i'll give steez a break and start this off - first chair with gss and toast, slight steady snow all morning - maybe an inch or so made everyhting nice and smooth - moderate crowds but getting busy toward the end. bumps were soft with like a fooot of freshly blown were pretty fun, i hit the first 2 booters in sidewinder which was way cool. bikercross was OK bmtroublemaker was ther and park crue was ready to dance for the liquid lightning. one rider dominated the field on the runs that i saw - lars? sweat pants guy was a hooot to watch. reading this i know why i don't lead off TR's.... B)

I was there today as well. Didn't get there till about 830 because there were like 15 accidents on the NE extension and almost everyone involved a pickup truck. The conditions were good today and I liked switchback the best, it was cool getting to go down dreamweaver for the first time. The parks were okay, looks like they are letting Come Around deteriorate but the jumps on Sidewinder were good. We rooled out around 1230, it was a good day but started to get crowded especially the six pack. There was barely a line at the quad all day, seems like everyone goes to the other lift.

Just woke up from our nap so here goes my TR...

Rolled in at 8:15 AM or so. The drive up took longer than usual due to stupid drivers, somewhat sketchy weather and some weird train accident thing in Macungie. Anyway got our tix (no lines), booted up and were on the snow at about 8:30 AM. 1st run was going to be Paradise to Dreamweaver but when we got to the top Paradise was closed as was Challenge (race team). Boo! Since it's only day two for me and Razors looked... well anyway we backtracked and hit Lazy. It was somewhat mushy on top of a sheet of ice. Not bad to ski but it had the potential to be a mess later. Since the quad wasn't running yet we figured we'd do an "other side" run or two but on the way up we saw the groomer leaving so we tried again for Dreamweaver and were good. I have to say that I was wasn't that impressed. Snow wasn't bad but the trail isn't anything special. We went back up and did Paradise from top to bottom for good measure and were pleased to find excellent grooming on the lower half. Unfortunately it was a weird snow and both of us agreed that if would be quite pushed off/ around soon. We headed over to the other side and did a Switchback run. Switchback was full of sugary snow, mushy snow and almost icy patches. Did they groom over there? It was like the bottom of Main St. kinda! We went to do Burma so that I can practice my polling (a goal of mine this season is to be a better poller) but it was closed for grooming??!! Why would Blue not have that trail done 1st thing? There were newbies scooting down Chute on their asses! It just seems odd to me that both Green trails were closed 1st thing in the morning. Why would Blue do that? Whatever. We skied some Main St. runs and eventually a Burma run, checked out the biker cross from the lift since nothing seemed to be happening yet then made our way back over to the six and quad. The snow on Main St. was very powdery and Bob ventured over into the bumps. He looked good doing them so I knew they were soft and when he came out he confirmed that. The conditions on Burma were great since it had just been groomed but there were too many damn newbies to weave around to ski it to our liking so I think we only did one run there. Once back at the quad we lapped Paradise and Dreamweaver and I practiced polling until 11:30 and then bailed. Like people said the line at the quad was nonexistent but the six was a damn mess right from the start. I think Doug needs to start saying not to tell anyone about it instead of Switchback. Anyway overall it was a good day. Conditions weren't perfect and the commute was a bitch but being in gently falling snow, with your hubby, doing something you love can't be all bad.

P.S We didn't see any PASRers. Boo!

Edited by sexkitten

Anyone know whats up with Razors ? It has weird little rollers on a lot of it. It was cool to pop off them and stuff but I normally like to bomb it and use the whole trail side to side to carve a little. Has it been like this all season ?

im confused do you bomb razors edge or carve razors edge. as for you question i haven't seen any while ive been up their the past 2 weeks, and all you have to do to cope with rollers is pull your knees into your chest when you hit it and stand up on the back side. than their is no more pop...

im confused do you bomb razors edge or carve razors edge. as for you question i haven't seen any while ive been up their the past 2 weeks, and all you have to do to cope with rollers is pull your knees into your chest when you hit it and stand up on the back side. than their is no more pop...

Ya, I kind of worded that weird. I meant I just like to get some speed and carve from side to side and usually razors is perfect for that. I can handle the rollers okay but prefer they were not that they at all. It still was a fun run and one of my favorite in the poconos.

Anyone know whats up with Razors ? It has weird little rollers on a lot of it. It was cool to pop off them and stuff but I normally like to bomb it and use the whole trail side to side to carve a little. Has it been like this all season ?

Bob was wondering the same thing. Says it felt like racing motocross, hitting the whoops.

Sexkitten..if you want to see PASRs..you stand at the top of the 6-pack..you know that...where was this mushy snow you speak of????

C'mon now. You know I can't afford to be standing around for who knows how long waiting for people. Especially since the new regime at Blue hath taken away the most critical half hour of any weekend ski day, 7:30 to 8:00.

Oh By the way. It would be really nice if all the open trails on the mountain were actually groomed and open when people get there not an hour or two after wards. I'm not thrilled with the "new" Blue but the conditions were good overall and it is still the best bang for the buck as far as travel and mountain are concerned.

Maybe we'll see you beeaches next week, if the weather is good :)

I was so tired from yesterday that I could'nt write one. I am so sore right now and got a cold =[. I was spouse to arive there around 8 but bad roads and people arriving late to leave and pits stops(wawa).I got there around 10:30ish, really really cold outside. It was snowing lots through out the whole time I was there (10:30-5:00). I lost my bandana so my face was all red and hurt real bad. The best trail was lazy mile, powdery and a little icy. Dreamweaver was really really icy I was so shocked that It could be that icy. I guess the wind pushed the snow away or something. Mainstreet was packed powder/powder. The snow made everything look so pretty. I got my nose press, nolie and almost my 180 down. Driving home was slow cause the weather wasn't getting any better. Lifts were not crowded like last saturday. I guess people were worried about the roads and what not. I was about to upload photos from my phone but got midterms and homework. Probally sleep early tonite.