1/18/09

ColoradoHigh

Just got back from Booter Mtn. My dad (You-gene, spelled Eugene), and I pulled at about 830, to a half empty/full parking lot, (depending on how you look at the glass). We booted up to a comfy 23 degrees, and headed into the lodge to get our morning tickets. After that, we took Challenge to warm up as Razor's was closed for the race team. I then met up with A-Jeff, Doug, Toast, Skier112, and a few other PASR's. We then skied Crazy Mile, Paradise, and a few park runs. The snow was REALLY nice through out the mountain.

On one of the runs when we went through the park, I didn't want to go up the stairs, so I went on the side where there was no fencing at the time. The next time there was fencing, but it was laying flat along the snow, and I thought I could clear it with my skis. Nuh-uh, I didant. My skis stopped abruptly, and I double ejected out of my skis, right under the lift. Jeff and Root started cracking up. It was quite the wipe out. At first I didn't feel anything, but after the day was over, and I was out of my boot, I felt a sharp pain below my calf muscle. I think I either tore or pulled a muscle.

One of the times we were getting to the lift, there was a squad of ski instructors with out a student, and they cut the VIP line. That line is MEANT to be for them as well, and they cut the entire line. So Jeff and Doug started giving them shit, and one "tough-guy" instructor decided to snap back at Doug, asking him wtf is the matter with you, and watch your language. Doug responded with watch your line cutting...It was really funny, and Doug wanted to chase the instructors which ever trail they went to...he was having fun.

After Blue, my dad and I went to BMDI. I had my usual of 3 pancakes, and FRESH SAUSAGE... it was delish.

Anyone else that was up there today, feel free to add on to this TR...

Edited by Chippy

Just got back from Booter Mtn. My dad (You-gene, spelled Eugene), and I pulled at about 830, to a half empty/full parking lot, (depending on how you look at the glass). We booted up to a comfy 23 degrees, and headed into the lodge to get our morning tickets. After that, we took Challenge to warm up as Razor's was closed for the race team. I then met up with A-Jeff, Doug, Toast, Skier112, and a few other PASR's. We then skied Crazy Mile, Paradise, and a few park runs. The snow was REALLY nice through out the mountain.

On one of the runs when we went through the park, I didn't want to go up the stairs, so I went on the side where there was no fencing at the time. The next time there was fencing, but it was laying flat along the snow, and I thought I could clear it with my skis. Nuh-uh, I didant. My skis stopped abruptly, and I double ejected out of my skis, right under the lift. Jeff and Root started cracking up. It was quite the wipe out. At first I didn't feel anything, but after the day was over, and I was out of my boot, I felt a sharp pain below my calf muscle. I think I either tore or pulled a muscle.

One of the times we were getting to the lift, there was a squad of ski instructors with out a student, and they cut the VIP line. That line is MEANT to be for them as well, and they cut the entire line. So Jeff and Doug started giving them shit, and one "tough-guy" instructor decided to snap back at Doug, asking him wtf is the matter with you, and watch your language. Doug responded with watch your line cutting...It was really funny, and Doug wanted to chase the instructors which ever trail they went to...he was having fun.

After Blue, my dad and I went to BMDI. I had my usual of 3 pancakes, and FRESH SAUSAGE... it was delish.

Anyone else that was up there today, feel free to add on to this TR...

Any fresh snow down that way. About 2" dry powder in Lake Harmony area.

FINALLY the fence around he park does its job. hahaha. anyway, you didnt tear a muscle. you would know if you did. believe me.

Yeah, that fence got me. I really did not think my way around that...

...oh well, it had to happen to SOMEONE... :lol:

...It turned out to be about 1.5 inches of really light powder..the kind when a midget farts, it clears all the snow off your car....

:blink: Bahahahaha....

I fell on the fence on the 2nd run through the park btw...

I got a major late start today, and didn't arrive until after 9. Joined up with the gang and had a great time.

The Ski Instructor incident was hysterical. The guy could have defiantly kicked GSS, AtomicSkier's and my ass all at once. He was such a tool, he was skiing helmet & hat less today. The guy kinda looked like this (without the goatee):

entry.gif

I can understand the instructors moving to the front of the line when actually teaching, but if they are skiing for pleasure, they should wait in the VIP line, like everyone else.

During one of the "high speed" runs down Paradise, AtomicSkier got a talking to by the ski patrol. GSS zipped right by the patroller unnoticed. I was right behind AS and he really wasn't going that fast.

I stayed until 12:22. By this time the VIP line was empty, but the queue for the 6pack and the quad were completely packed. I'll be back tomorrow for some MLK runs. Good to meet Chippy today.

I got a major late start today, and didn't arrive until after 9. Joined up with the gang and had a great time.

The Ski Instructor incident was hysterical. The guy could have defiantly kicked GSS, AtomicSkier's and my ass all at once. He was such a tool, he was skiing helmet & hat less today. The guy kinda looked like this (without the goatee):

entry.gif

I can understand the instructors moving to the front of the line when actually teaching, but if they are skiing for pleasure, they should wait in the VIP line, like everyone else.

During one of the "high speed" runs down Paradise, AtomicSkier got a talking to by the ski patrol. GSS zipped right by the patroller unnoticed. I was right behind AS and he really wasn't going that fast.

I stayed until 12:22. By this time the VIP line was empty, but the queue for the 6pack and the quad were completely packed. I'll be back tomorrow for some MLK runs. Good to meet Chippy today.

He looks more like that actor, I forget his name, but I'll find a picture...

It was good meeting you too, Root.

At least something made you fall. Yesterday I fell down at the top of the lift for no reason. Who knows why but that seems to be the way it always happens. Sounds like you guys had a good but crowded day. I really wish Blue would reconsider the whole late opening thing. The 7:30 to 8:00 runs really were the best of the whole day. Oh well.

P.S. Doug seems to be quite the troublemaker lately. 1st the database then being out of control at JF yesterday and now swearing at patrollers? WTF?

Edited by sexkitten

At least something made you fall. Yesterday I fell down at the top of the lift for no reason. Who knows why but that seems to be the way it always happens. Sounds like you guys had a good but crowded day. I really wish Blue would reconsider the whole late opening thing. The 7:30 to 8:00 runs really were the best of the whole day. Oh well.

P.S. Doug seems to be quite the troublemaker lately. 1st the database then being out of control at JF yesterday and now swearing at patrollers? WTF?

No, he swore at INSTRUCTORS. They have no ability to discipline anyone.

Men skiing in Sweatpants with a backpack that looked like a purse..

I'm really thinking about that for my gaper day look. Not only will I have great lower body ventillation, but the purse will be a good place to store beers.

So that instructor that snapped back to Doug, looks like Tom Arnold...

Tom-Arnold1.jpg

:lol:

:lol:rofl:clap

Edited by RootDKJ

I just left bloo moutain myself. All in all it was a good day. I ate shit doing a jump on the side of lazy mile. On my last lift ride of the day there were 2 telemarkers in front of me on the main street double got dumped off. They sat down and right after liftoff, the swing back effect dumped them right on their faces. The lift attendant didn't even see it until 3 or 4 chairs later. In the meantime one of them tried to get up and got whacked in the head by a chair. Fortunately for him he was wearing a helmet. Overall, the snow was great with some fresh poe in the morning. Someday maybe I'll ski with some of you guys.

I also scored some untracked next to the pipe and an icy snowsnake bit meand I fell on my side. A couple 8 year old kids were laughing at me from the lift..then when I got back to the liftline A-Jeff and Root wondered if I fell and I said no..which was a lie since I was covered in fresh Poe

You, sir, are Edgar Allen Poe.

Good seeing eveyone today, and good meeting you, Chippy. Great conditions overall. I didn't really hit Sidewinder at all - I figured the first few days it was open would be a little rough, so I just brought the freeride board and went for speed. Ended up riding the lift with another guy named Mike, chatted it up with him, and rode a few runs with him. Cool guy and good rider. Between me, him, and all the other Mikes on PASR and the planet, we should really assemble an army of Mikes and take over the planet.

You, sir, are Edgar Allen Poe.

Good seeing eveyone today, and good meeting you, Chippy. Great conditions overall. I didn't really hit Sidewinder at all - I figured the first few days it was open would be a little rough, so I just brought the freeride board and went for speed. Ended up riding the lift with another guy named Mike, chatted it up with him, and rode a few runs with him. Cool guy and good rider. Between me, him, and all the other Mikes on PASR and the planet, we should really assemble an army of Mikes and take over the planet.

It was nice meeting you too.

You know, I think you look a lot like that guy from the X-files...David Duchovny...

david-duchovny-picture-1.jpg

Maybe a little... :lol: