the last jump ate my face

Blong131

the big one before the wall...concussion and i think i tore something in my shoulder...this sucks

/rant

anyone got a lip to knuckle measurement on that? i gotta say the jumps were perrrrrrrfect except i cased the last one twice...the first time i took a knee to the jaw and was spitting blood for a little while, the second time i took that big ol knuckle to the face...i even skipped the second jump and tucked from the landing of the first to right be fore the kicker but i just couldnt get enough speed...i guess its one time it sucks to be such a little guy haha

the big one before the wall...concussion and i think i tore something in my shoulder...this sucks

/rant

anyone got a lip to knuckle measurement on that? i gotta say the jumps were perrrrrrrfect except i cased the last one twice...the first time i took a knee to the jaw and was spitting blood for a little while, the second time i took that big ol knuckle to the face...i even skipped the second jump and tucked from the landing of the first to right be fore the kicker but i just couldnt get enough speed...i guess its one time it sucks to be such a little guy haha

60-65 feet there. Speed seemed to be an issue for a lot of people today. Yesterday was better.

haha maybe you did...i had a black tall tee with the count from sesame street on it people usually pick me out by that...i wish i remembered how the whole thing went down...i just remember knowing i was gonna come up short and bracing for impact haha

the worst part of it isnt even the injuries...its the fear...i only started skiing this year and ive been progressing ridiculously fast...the one thing i loved about skiing is that i wasnt afraid to charge hard at jumps...that would have been my biggest of the year though...when i went down the first time i knew i had to get up and try it again so i wouldnt be afraid of it...i figgured if i tucked from the top jump id have the speed...now im nervous that when i do get back on skis im gonna be afraid of the big jumps

the worst part of it isnt even the injuries...its the fear...i only started skiing this year and ive been progressing ridiculously fast...the one thing i loved about skiing is that i wasnt afraid to charge hard at jumps...that would have been my biggest of the year though...when i went down the first time i knew i had to get up and try it again so i wouldnt be afraid of it...i figgured if i tucked from the top jump id have the speed...now im nervous that when i do get back on skis im gonna be afraid of the big jumps

yesterday that jump was perfectly clearable. today, it definitely was not. i wouldn't let that bother you, since it really wasnt anything you did wrong today. give it a shot again when the snow isnt quite as slow and it wont be a problem. were you the kid on the rossi scratches that was spitting blood?

haha yeah it was...that wasnt even the hit that gave me the concussion...after that one i was like fuuck it ill just tuck from the top and ill be fine...but i was not fine and hit much harder the second time around haha

were you one of the many skiers behind me the first time that cased it too?

Ah, you were the one spitting up blood saying you bit your tongue after casing the jump. Yeah, i never felt like i would of had enough speed to hit that today. Snow was super slow.

I was the lone snowboarder in the big crew of skiers rolling through the park. Tan pants/brown coat/white helmet.

Don't be afraid, i got worked on the big jump at boulder last year, that justo laid witness to. Just have to man up, and go back at it.

Edited by Dan-

Yeah I was just straight airing the first two and didn't even both trying the third. My friends who just started trying park don't realize how hard it hurts to land in the flat and they were being retarded and trying to hit going way to slow and then would complain.

seems totally redic to me too...way overprotective in my oppinion...i guess cuz its my 3rd concussion its more serious or something...i think my brains are sufficiently scrambled haha

that sounds about right. last year when i had my 5th concussion, 3rd Level III, i was told not to ski or participate in contact sports for 4-6 weeks. after your first concussion you are much more likely to continually get them after even minor falls, blows to the head, etc... it sucks. i got my first one in 5th grade, then 7th grade twice, then 9th grade, freshman year of college, and then sr year.

listen to the physician, though. and follow up with your PCP in a two weeks to see if they will let you get back on the snow.

Edited by toast21602

seems totally redic to me too...way overprotective in my oppinion...i guess cuz its my 3rd concussion its more serious or something...i think my brains are sufficiently scrambled haha

I'd say just heal up and be as strong as you can when you come back. No sense in coming back early, and hurting yourself worse because your body wasn't ready to take the beating again.

Just wondering, how old are you?

were you using a helmet?

Generally the helmets don't do much to stop a concussion in these situations. I always wear mine and they are useful if you catch and edge or something, but knuckling a jump its just falling off a tall building onto flat, the helmet can't do much of anything. I broke my nose knuckling a jump because my knee basically went through my face a few years back so I literally feel your pain. At least you are losing a month now and your season isn't over, there will be a good amount of time after you get back on the snow to have a good season.