2009/2010 Rates & pass prices

Old Geezer

I'm just going to chalk this one up to Elk being Elk... Don't read too much into this... I am sure there is nothing going on except for a few down to earth local employees have not been able to put the flyers together yet... It will happen in due time...

I'm just going to chalk this one up to Elk being Elk... Don't read too much into this... I am sure there is nothing going on except for a few down to earth local employees have not been able to put the flyers together yet... It will happen in due time...

My bud Herm contacted Elk's office on Tues of this week. Elk's response was they just got the letters back from the printer today (Tues) and would be in the mail that night, that's for the SP and the Big and Friendly Book. Mgmt also said they haven't finalised the daily rates yet and that's why they aren't on the website. ???????????????

lol...That run better at least be Tuscarora to Iroquois in about 10 inches of Wasatch like powder. ;)

7% increase over last year. That's a pretty hefty increase in these economic times.

Most of the VT areas haven't posted their new day ticket rates. I think they're all waiting for one of them to lead and the rest will follow.

I don't think a 7% increase is that crazy..the cost of energy..especially electric is on the rise..I do know Elk has alot of specials and $15 days on Fridays..the Blue Crue might have to take a field trip sometime..

Yeah, it is a steep price for a Pa mtn, but I will pay more each year if they keep Elk the way it is and not succumb to condos, hotels and waterparks high speed lifts and out of control crowds.

Yeah, it is a steep price for a Pa mtn, but I will pay more each year if they keep Elk the way it is and not succumb to condos, hotels and waterparks high speed lifts and out of control crowds.

I thought they would try to keep it to 5% or less. While I'm sure they have a contract for electric, it must be hard to try to guess what your expenses for gas and diesel are going to be 6 months out. And whether skier visits will be up or down and what is the weather going to be like?

I'll gladly pay for Elk as well as long as they keep the quality of the experienc up. It's a well run ski area.

Anyone know why they though they had to widen Susquehanna?