so i just saw in Deep

Shadows

saw it tonight after a looooooooong day of drinks and skating as you can see. 10 bucks gets you in! rupplemints get you thin!

this will be a pretty short review because it was a pretty standard movie from msp.

although i shouldnt even say standard....

tooooooooooooooo much back country/big mountain shots. typical msp athletes.

seriously, the only thing i have good to say is that the opening segment of SEAN PETITE fuckin KIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEDDD it! this kid is STILL 16. seems like hes been that age forever but he destroyed every line he hit. HUGE stuff too. way to go sean!

not many park shots at all. they put down this budget to shoot at keystone on the rail road gap and only put like 4 shots of it in the film. wtf

THE ONLY PARK SHOTS IN THE MOVIE. rest is mountain so beware.

all in all if you want to see this movie, or buy it... be prepared to watch a shane mconkey tribute. thats pretty much all it was. he was a bomb skier, awesome person, chill dude but not worth me paying 10 bucks to see a movie i thought would be better. and they didnt even have cheap beer at this thing! lame

but the saucer boy contest was entertaining. way to go guys!

• 2 weeks later...

MSP movies seem to be my favorite ski movies. I would love to see a Shane McConkey tribute; heck I own "There's Something About McConkey" so I think I am going to go see this one.

The Philadelphia premier is October 21st.

Philadelphia, PA

Last Updated by MSP Films on Sep 9

Venue: Bridge Cinema Deluxe

220 S 40th St

Philadelphia, PA 19104

Time: Show 8:00pm - Doors 7:00pm

MSP movies seem to be my favorite ski movies. I would love to see a Shane McConkey tribute; heck I own "There's Something About McConkey" so I think I am going to go see this one.

The Philadelphia premier is October 21st.

Philadelphia, PA

Last Updated by MSP Films on Sep 9

Venue: Bridge Cinema Deluxe

220 S 40th St

Philadelphia, PA 19104

Time: Show 8:00pm - Doors 7:00pm

They're giving away tickets to that here at work via raffle. I'll go if I win some. Possibly will go even if I don't.

Went to the premier last night in Philly. The Bridge Cinema is the best theater outside of an IMAX to see a film. Hugo Harrison was there signing movie flats and the Powder magazine McConkey tribute issue. The raffles had great prizes (skis, goggles, swag). Hugo started tossing out more swag into the audience. Nobody dressed up for the saucer boy contest so they canceled it. If you are going to go to the Poconos screening this weekend you are a shoe-in if you dress up as saucer boy. They made a nice little presentation to get you hyped up and then you watched the film.

Firstly, I think MSP makes the best ski films in the industry. They set the standard with 2000's "Ski Movie" and haven't looked back at the competition since. With that being said, this wasn't one of their finest efforts. MSP's soundtracks are one of the reasons their movies are so good. This one was real weak. Mark Abma + "In the Air Tonight" should be great, but just kind of came off flat. The best song choices were the two used during Shane's segment. Both recycled from other films mind you, but still great.

Highlights include old timers like Hugo Harrison, Chris Davenport, and Mike Douglas getting some face time. Anything Colby West touches. Shane's segment.

Lowlights include great skiing and footage being wasted by poor soundtrack and editing choices. In their defense, their best friend Shane McConkey just passed suddenly and tragically. I'm sure the last thing they wanted to do was edit this film.

I think it is showing someplace in the Poconos this weekend. I paid $15 and while I thought the movie was flawed, it certainly gets you stoked. Go see it and enjoy.

I went to the Philly premier Wednesday AND the poconos event last night. The loft puts together a nice little party at Barley Creek after the CBK event so big props to them for that. Got to chat it up with Hugo Harrison for a bit. Guy is waaaay down to earth. Definitely not getting any huge paychecks as he works construction all summer to keep living the dream. Pretty much gets a travel budget from Kastle to help go on the MSP trips and just kills it. He apparently shattered the top of his fibia about three years ago and we were chatting about Canadian healthcare. He noted that very little rehab was covered post-op.