Blue (pictures + video)

toast21602

this year they have a winch cat, and we have been told that it will be used to make steeper landings, which will result in making them easier to maintain and less bomb holes.

If that's true, I commend Blue for taking a step in the right direction and I truly hope they start to properly maintain the park this year.

Now, build the park on a straight run and spread the features out and I might be on board this year.

• Like 1

If that's true, I commend Blue for taking a step in the right direction and I truly hope they start to properly maintain the park this year.

Now, build the park on a straight run and spread the features out and I might be on board this year.

it is true. i saw it myself. and since you are big on the whole "straight run only for a park thing", you will be happy to know that the halfpipe is now going to be a rail garden of some sort with multiple jibs, and its on a stright run. pictures of the features are earlier in the thread so i'm sure you saw them already...

Edited by toast21602
spelling

You ever scene a national park competition on a course that is as windy as Sidewinder ????

Nope.

I noticed you didn't comment on the other part of my post.

At least everyone can be honest with themselves that Blue does NOT maintain their parks.

I would love to see Blue build the parks on a different trail and step up maintaining their parks.

If so, I'd be open minded to buying a season pass at Blue.

I'm no fan of windy terrain parks either, and I haven't ridden Blue's since it has been widened or since the "maintenance" has improved. All I can really comment on is that it was a pain back in the day, and you'll never see a national comp on a trail like that because it doesn't make for good media coverage of the event. Really it has nothing to do with "windy parks aren't as good", you simply can't put spectators and media on a trail like that easily.

edit: i also don't think blue has ever claimed to have the caliber terrain park as places that do host such events. in addition, i've been in windy parks and had fun. it's not the end all be all, but it certainly never helped blue's park.

Edited by nick malozzi
  • Like 2

nick, since you have been there it has greatly improved and i think you would be impressed compared to the crappy park they had in the past. if you are home this winter you should check it out.

I'm home for 9 days around xmas, but i'd guess the conditions out there aren't really going to justify paying to bring my board and gear onto the plane. not gonna lie though, i sorta want to just to see what it's all about these days.

edit: that being said, i'll prolly have my climbing gear with me mr. zaldon.

Edited by nick malozzi

I haven't ever worked in a park but it's my understanding you can fix a bomb hole without grooming and hours to let it set. Fill it in and reopen immediately all the crap you just but it gets knocked out or compacted. Better made features and less traffic are the only two cures.

• Like 1

Anyone who rides jumps, and is honest, will tell you they want them on a straight run.

This is such a stupid thing to argue about.

When I'm setting up for a 65ft+ jump, I don't want to be thinking about turning.

If that means I suck, so be it.

I would like for Blue to step up. I put groups together every weekend and it would be a lot easier coordinating things because Blue has the perception of being much closer. If Blue had a jump line on par with BB in recent years or even CB last year, I have no problem bringing my group there often.

Anyone who rides jumps, and is honest, will tell you they want them on a straight run.

This is such a stupid thing to argue about.

When I'm setting up for a 65ft+ jump, I don't want to be thinking about turning.

If that means I suck, so be it.

I would like for Blue to step up. I put groups together every weekend and it would be a lot easier coordinating things because Blue has the perception of being much closer. If Blue had a jump line on par with BB in recent years or even CB last year, I have no problem bringing my group there often.

Wait... let me get this straight here. Blue has a 65ft jump in or around a turn? Last time I was there (which like I said was years ago) there were no major features in or around the turns. Maybe a small rail/box, and of course the wall ride. If that's the truth I'm def not spending extra money to ride there while I'm home, cause that is just ludicrous.

Edited by nick malozzi

Wait... let me get this straight here. Blue has a 65ft jump in or around a turn? Last time I was there (which like I said was years ago) there were no major features in or around the turns. Maybe a small rail/box, and of course the wall ride. If that's the truth I'm def not spending extra money to ride there while I'm home, cause that is just ludicrous.

no, the 4 jump line was all on the second of 3 straight sections. no turns involved in the jump line.

sweet once i get home for xmas break climbing is really the only thing i plan on doing.

i def want to hit up nscg, and i hope to head out to reading rocks when i head out to kutztown to visit the alma mater (and the few retards i know who are milking their college years for all they are worth).

The lip for the first jib looks crappy, but everything else looks pretty nice. Not great, but it looks fun, well built and not as dangerous as it used to be. TT, I honestly can't see what your complaint is other than the kids that will inevitably be in the landings without a park pass.

those are from 2 years ago. here are a few of them building the park last year, if it gives you guys out west a better idea of what the most recent park at Blue has looked like while being built and groomed out to open.

n39300404_30805762_5184.jpg

n39300404_30805760_4532.jpg

n39300404_30805763_5512.jpg

the 40+ days that i skied the park when it was open last year it was usually maintained extremely well. of course, i was usually there during off-peak times such as weekday/weekend mornings, and day sessions when there wasn't much traffic, and when they were building it to try out the jibs. so my opinion may be skewed compared to those who can't make it during prime times, yet still accurate.

i can give the opposite opinion: nights and crowded weekends. yeah, it gets beat up, but for the most part, lips stay in pretty good shape, landings get a little bombed at times, it gets icy, like anywhere, but there are no jumps around turns, or features around turns for that matter, except for the c box in the corner above the octopod. for you guys who live out west, when you're back if you can get to blue midweek during the morning/early afternoon, the park should be pretty prime, and just as fun as anything else around. i thought the 3 hit line at blue was more fun than the crappy jump line on love park at boulder. the only jump line worth hitting up at boulder was on boulder park, and ttc6 claiming 65 is a bold statement, it hit that around mid january for about a week. the weekend i was there hitting it, there were probably about 6 or 7 of us touching the thing, let alone spinning it. i don't think many people realize how big 65 actually is.

edit: in response to glenn's post while i was typing... worst feature there. by far. shit's straight dangerous.

Edited by Justo8484
  • Like 1

I remember hitting the last jump at Blue.

It was AFTER the 1st set of jumps, AFTER the wall ride, AROUND the turn.

If I'm wrong, then I'm remembering 2 years ago, or Nick is correct that I'm indeed on PCP.

Sorry it offends some of you, but I prefer more space between jumps, and I'd prefer them properly ligned up on a straight run. BB and CB can figure it out. Why is it so hard for Blue?

As far as comparing Blue to other mountains, I preferred BB and CB's jump lines over Blue.

And, I'm not the only one.

I wasn't trying to make any big claim.

I hit 65's with people on this site every weekend last year. Never said I was great. I just like jumps.

Mbike-

I have a right to voice my opinion based on my experience.

Frankly, you look like a douche for trying to suppress an open dialogue.

I've formed my opinion based on personal experience at Blue.

It's an opinion that is shared by many others.

We get it. You leg hump Blue because you're a mountain biker and they have a mountain bike course.

But, ease up with the "shut the fuck up" nonsense over the internet, tough guy.:rolleyes:

Yeah, Doug.

My group.

Maybe we'll all stop by on Friday just see how pathetic you are again in person for a good laugh.:lol:

WTF is Doug posting in a park thread AGAIN ??????????