Blue (pictures + video)

toast21602

i started this thread for people to see what was happening at Blue.... not to complain about the parks and what trail they are on. if you have something to contribute about the new things starting up at Blue, then contribute. if not, don't comment.

Nah.

I'll continue to comment.

Until Blue get's their parks in order.

Thanks for understanding.

Having a great park is as important as the other uses you listed for the other trails, if not more important.

The park should be relocated to a straighter trail. Even if a new trail needs to be created to make it happen.

Correction. Having a 'great' park is as important to YOU as the other uses. Racing is an important element to the mountain. The Race Dept, NASTAR and PARA bring in a decent chunk of the mountain's revenue. Especially since in order to use the racing features, you have to pay money above and beyond your lift ticket (unlike the park). Having the the steep headwall of challenge markets the mountain to a much larger portion of the population than a marginal improvement in the quality of the park.

And as far as your constant complaints about the current quality of the park, I really don't see the grounds for your complaint. I'm from New England, and worked full time at Okemo for a few years. I ski park, and Noreaster at Okemo is exactly the kind of park you want to have at Blue. It's meticulously groomed (Okemo is legendary for its grooming), and it's on a dead-straight, fall line trail. I will admit that Noreaster is a great park. However, having spent a lot of time there, and then coming to Blue and Sidewinder, I don't see such a massive difference. Okemo is better, but it's a major Vermont resort, it should be. But I have just as much fun on Sidewinder as I did on Noreaster. Blue doesn't have a great park, but they don't have a bad park either. Their park is good. There's no reason to alienate the majority of the skiing population for a possibly slight improvement in one segment of the terrain. Really, I think you harp on this issue just so you can complain. In my profession, that's what we call 'attention seeking behavior'.

Oh, and having a marginally better park is more important than allowing access to the entire mountain (if you put the park on Main Street)? Seriously? That really makes you look clueless.

• Like 3

You sound biased towards racers and you're leg humping Blue.

Posting you have as much fun in Blue's park as Okemo's is laughable.

Regardless, you got ONE thing right, Okemo has a great park.

News Flash: Park IS a big part of the sport and it's growing.

So, charge for park privileges. In exchange, built it on an acceptable trail, and not an afterthought, build great features, PROPERLY MAINTAIN them, and keep it safe by restricting access to those without passes.

THAT is a recipe for success.

I don't care about Blue's issues with trail allocation and their layout.

It's not my problem, it;s theirs.

If they don't fix it, people are going to go elsewhere.

BB and CB parks absolutely CRUSHED Blue in the last few years.

Let's hope Blue can finally get their shit together.

As far as the little personal "comments" you threw in your posts against me.:rolleyes:

Edited by TT C6

1. Jeff you definitely ate at shenanigans with us.

2. Sidewinders jump line isn't not on a turn. The argument holds no water. We saw a picture of it.

3. Bill and I are going to North Summit today. Please show up to see how much of a beast my brother is.

4. Greg is the man for showing up at a bar with a migraine just for you ungrateful clowns.

5. Preseason flamewars are awesome. I wish it could be preseason year round on PASR.

7. Jeff and Doug are huge pussies for not hitting jumps. How they ski as much as they do, with such limited terrain is mind boggling.

• Like 3

Follow the leader!

Another worthless post in a park discussion from a kid who doesn't ride park.

1. Jeff you definitely ate at shenanigans with us.

2. Sidewinders jump line isn't not on a turn. The argument holds no water. We saw a picture of it.

There WAS a final jump after the last wall ride and turn. SO, there was turn in the middle of the jump line.

Regardless, the jump line is too close together and should be on a better run.

• Like 1

There WAS a final jump after the last wall ride and turn. SO, there was turn in the middle of the jump line.

there was a time when you weren't even alowed to jump and you got your pass pulled if you did. times change, things change. this is 2009.

that wasnt part of the pump line, obviously.

that wasnt part of the pump line, obviously.

Stop telling ME what I saw with my OWN EYES and actually RODE.

There was a final jump after the turn/wall ride. I know, because it was the biggest one at Blue that day and I called my friend who was with me to verify.

Look, Blue used to be MY HOME MOUNTAIN years ago.

I just want them to step up.

That's it.

TTc6, yes that other jump was around the turn, but is a separate feature entirely and not part of the "jump line". The jump line is on the 2nd straightaway on sidewinder. That jump was there for all of maybe 3 weeks last year before it was gone because it sucked. If you actually did ride at blue as much as you say you did you would know this.

Done.

If you actually did ride at blue as much as you say you did you would know this.

Dan-

Thanks for verifying what I've always KNOWN and have been arguing with these kids about.

For the record, I NEVER said I ride Blue a lot. I hit Blue maybe twice a year to see if the parks have improved.

The bottom line is the jumps are too close together, on a curved section, and the features are NOT well maintained.

If Blue moves the park, and does everything I've been spelling out, I would be a Blue regular.

I hit the smaller jumps at Blue..just not the big dawg booters.

No. You don't hit any jumps. You're full of shit.

People you ski with have told me in person how funny it is that you suck as much as you do.

Fact.

You regularly ski with them at Blue and they're on this site.

For the 100th time,

PLEASE STAY OUT OF PARK DISCUSSIONS IF YOU DON'T RIDE PARK.

what they should do is level the entire mountain and rebuild it the way I want it.

Nice.

The screen name and post is actually funny.:lol:

Is this Doug....or Rajeev?

Since you're at it, please build it like Breck.

Thanks.

Edited by TT C6

You sound biased towards racers and you're leg humping Blue.

Posting you have as much fun in Blue's park as Okemo's is laughable.

Regardless, you got ONE thing right, Okemo has a great park.

News Flash: Park IS a big part of the sport and it's growing.

So, charge for park privileges. In exchange, built it on an acceptable trail, and not an afterthought, build great features, PROPERLY MAINTAIN them, and keep it safe by restricting access to those without passes.

THAT is a recipe for success.

I don't care about Blue's issues with trail allocation and their layout.

It's not my problem, it;s theirs.

If they don't fix it, people are going to go elsewhere.

BB and CB parks absolutely CRUSHED Blue in the last few years.

Let's hope Blue can finally get their shit together.

As far as the little personal "comments" you threw in your posts against me.:rolleyes:

I'm hardly biased towards racers. I've never been a racer, never will be. I do, however, have a realistic picture of managing a mountain as a whole. I'm not leg-humping Blue either. Blue is far from perfect, and has plenty of defects. But realistic ideas to fix the problems would be appreciated. Pie in the sky fantasies are useless. You're trying to displace your personal issues w/ Blue onto everybody else. You don't have a problem, everybody else is wrong. You're not an instigator and an internet tough guy, everybody else is. On and on....

• Like 2

I gave you my solution:

MOVE the park to a straight run. Stop making excuses.

If the improvements warrant it, charge for park access.

I'm not instigating anything.

Frankly, I don't appreciate the personal digs.

I didn't do anything to deserve it.

And, stop acting like I'm the only one who feels the way I do about Blue's park

There are many others, but they just give up on Blue because they don't think Blue will improve.

It's kind of f@cked up you guys give me a hard time because I hold out hope that Blue will improve.

• Like 1

I gave you my solution:

MOVE the park to a straight run. Stop making excuses.

If the improvements warrant it, charge for park access.

I'm not instigating anything.

Frankly, I don't appreciate the personal digs.

I didn't do anything to deserve it.

And, stop acting like I'm the only one who feels the way I do about Blue's park

There are many others, but they just give up on Blue because they don't think Blue will improve.

It's kind of f@cked up you guys give me a hard time because I hold out hope that Blue will improve.

And you've been told by multiple people who work in the industry that there are no viable options as far as straight trails are concerned at Blue. Therefore your solution is just as I said, a pie in the sky fantasy. And you're not holding out hope that Blue will improve. You're incessantly insisting that Blue tailor itself to precisely your desires. You don't like Blue, you don't ski Blue... and yet you are constantly here complaining about Blue. We get it, you don't ski there because you don't like the park. Good for you. That's why you have options. Why don't you exercise your options and stop complaining about something that doesn't effect you in any case.

I'm not digging you personally. I'm putting out what seem to be your motives, because I don't think you're aware of why you do what you do. Self awareness is the first step to self improvement.

By the way, you keep complaining that people keep going off topic. When in fact the topic was about the improvements that Blue has made this summer, not about where the Blue park will be located. Seems the off topic one is you.

• Like 4

i'll start out by saying i like blue and enjoy the park, but it is annoying to have to ride your edge the entire time on that jump line. Even though the pictures dont show it, the jump line isnt really straight and the trail is not level. And when they had their biggest jump around the corner that was just asking for disaster. sure i'd like for the park to be on a straighter run but in reality it isnt going to happen. if it bothers you that much ride boulder and the almighty camelback

• Like 1

what they should do is level the entire mountain and rebuild it the way I want it.

WOW, a twin turbo C7 corvette? That must be awesome!

No. You don't hit any jumps. You're full of shit.

People you ski with have told me in person how funny it is that you suck as much as you do.

Fact.

You regularly ski with them at Blue and they're on this site.

You're full of shit. Nobody that skis with Doug regularly at Blue skis with you, nor at JFBB. You just make up shit as you go.

And you've been told by multiple people who work in the industry that there are no viable options as far as straight trails are concerned at Blue. Therefore your solution is just as I said, a pie in the sky fantasy. And you're not holding out hope that Blue will improve. You're incessantly insisting that Blue tailor itself to precisely your desires. You don't like Blue, you don't ski Blue... and yet you are constantly here complaining about Blue. We get it, you don't ski there because you don't like the park. Good for you. That's why you have options. Why don't you exercise your options and stop complaining about something that doesn't effect you in any case.

I'm not digging you personally. I'm putting out what seem to be your motives, because I don't think you're aware of why you do what you do. Self awareness is the first step to self improvement.

By the way, you keep complaining that people keep going off topic. When in fact the topic was about the improvements that Blue has made this summer, not about where the Blue park will be located. Seems the off topic one is you.

You fit in just fine here!

WOW, a twin turbo C7 corvette? That must be awesome!

it is. it's pretty much the greatest thing ever created with four wheels. strike that. it's definitely the greatest thing ever created with four wheels, and possibly the greatest thing ever created. I'm an expert. all the other experts agree. you don't know anything. I'll kick your ass if you disagree. the end.

• Like 6

And you've been told by multiple people who work in the industry that there are no viable options as far as straight trails are concerned at Blue. And you're not holding out hope that Blue will improve. You're incessantly insisting that Blue tailor itself to precisely your desires.

I DON'T ACCEPT YOUR EXCUSES.

IT'S NOT MY DESIRES. MANY FEEL THE SAME WAY.

My motivations should be clear to a genius like you.

I WANT BLUE TO MOVE THE F#CKING PARK TO A STRAIGHT RUN AND MAKE A JUMP LINE AS GOOD AS THE OTHER MOUNTAINS.

Is that clear enough for you?

Save your psuedo-psych crap for some retard that will buy it.

YOU aren't a Dr. and I didn't come here for therapy.

Douche.

i'll start out by saying i like blue and enjoy the park, but it is annoying to have to ride your edge the entire time on that jump line. Even though the pictures dont show it, the jump line isnt really straight and the trail is not level. And when they had their biggest jump around the corner that was just asking for disaster. sure i'd like for the park to be on a straighter run but in reality it isnt going to happen. if it bothers you that much ride boulder and the almighty camelback

It's nice to hear an unbiased opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

It's a shame Blue doesn't step up and make the parks on par with the other mountains.

The could if the wanted to.

THe excuses being made in this thread are simple bullshit.

I wouldn't call BB or CB "almighty."

But, they are the best thing that PA has to offer.

You're full of shit. Nobody that skis with Doug regularly at Blue skis with you, nor at JFBB. You just make up shit as you go.

Am I?

I'm thinking of 2 people specifically, and you know them both.

I'd love to name them, but I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate being called out like that.

You're awfly defensive about your boyfriend.

Fuck you..I'll post in whatever thread I want..and I think I'm gonna quit skiing since I suck so bad.

If I showed up last night to laugh at you , you wouldn't have told me to fuck off to my face because I would have exposed you for the little bitch that you are.

The statement stands:

Stay out of park dicsussion because you don't ride park.

The excuses in this thread are just bullshit.

it is. it's pretty much the greatest thing ever created with four wheels.

The fake screen name was cute for a minute. Now it's just gay like the user.

Any real forum on the internet bans anyone for using multiple screen names.

Let's see if the mods do their job and moderate.

Edited by TT C6
  • Like 1

It's nice to hear an unbiased opinion from someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

It's a shame Blue doesn't step up and make the parks on par with the other mountains.

The could if the wanted to.

THe excuses being made in this thread are simple bullshit.

I wouldn't call BB or CB "almighty."

But, they are the best thing that PA has to offer.

Am I?

I'm thinking of 2 people specifically, and you know them both.

I'd love to name them, but I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate being called out like that.

You're awfly defensive about your boyfriend.

If I showed up last night to laugh at you , you wouldn't have told me to fuck off to my face because I would have exposed you for the little bitch that you are.

The statement stands:

Stay out of park dicsussion because you don't ride park.

The excuses in this thread are just bullshit.

The fake screen name was cute for a minute. Now it's just gay like the user.

Any real forum on the internet bans anyone for using multiple screen names.

Let's see if the mods do their job and moderate.

Ever been on TGR?