Anyone found durable snowboard pants on the cheap?

Glenn

I can't spend $150 on a pair of snowboard pants. Just looking for something that looks good and can last more than 1 season looking good. I've got some 1 year old sessions that are falling apart at nearly every seam. I can sew and can easily squeeze another season out of them, but I'd like to get something I don't have to spend as much time keep together. I like baggy fits, and I think I want to go with mellow earth tones for the pants.

Dude I had a whole list like 15 links to pants that were all in good condition and under 50 bucks, but I accidently hit the back arrow. At any rate I found them all this way:

http://www.geartrade.com/browse/102/953/956?firstItem=160&sort=Price

I found a bunch within price and color of what your looking for, and most would have fit me. So they'd be good to go on you too I'd guess. Kind of annoying that you have to sort through all the regular pants as well, but it sure beats Craigslist.

Edited by nick malozzi

Good luck. Anything in that price range is going to fall apart not be very waterproof.

I was at Nestors the other night, and 686 and Burton pants were cheap (around $115..at least the red ones i was looking at). I just couldn't bring myself to buy pants that cheap, as I'm afraid they'll be shot after water touches them for the first time. Most likely going to snag some lime green Northface pants for around $185, and at least I know NF is legit. Also, the 686 pants were only 8k/5k.

I was at Nestors the other night, and 686 and Burton pants were cheap (around $115..at least the red ones i was looking at). I just couldn't bring myself to buy pants that cheap, as I'm afraid they'll be shot after water touches them for the first time. Most likely going to snag some lime green Northface pants for around $185, and at least I know NF is legit. Also, the 686 pants were only 8k/5k.

HAHAHA, he won't buy Burton but he'll buy Northface... n00b.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't spend $150 on a pair of snowboard pants. Just looking for something that looks good and can last more than 1 season looking good. I've got some 1 year old sessions that are falling apart at nearly every seam. I can sew and can easily squeeze another season out of them, but I'd like to get something I don't have to spend as much time keep together. I like baggy fits, and I think I want to go with mellow earth tones for the pants.

I have several pants to sell cheap....all are burton size L.....let me know if your still looking for pants. i'll post some pics of the ones

i have...

686 smarty cargo's amazing pants. great quality super warm. you can probably find last years pretty cheep. just google em'

as for price, you get what you pay for...

couldn't agree more, I'm on my second pair of smarty cargo's, first pair went three years and only needed to be replaced because I lost weight and they were a little large, and secondly I lost quite a lot of waterproofing when I slid over rocks and gravel on them on my arse at camelback in the spring, even after this they are still pretty warm/dry etc. Second pair are now 3 seasons old and going strong, no thought of replacing them anytime soon and I ride quite a lot of days each season.

My only issue with 686 is that they got too "clever", with lots of artsy prints and gimmicks, the original smarty gear was the best by far IMO.

Edited by Timeless