GSS - Is it safe here?

DMC

Agreed. I think a lot of us miss him around here.

He's a nut case. The second anyone said something against his ideology, he'd have a fit, and then leave. He crossed the line here and somone gave him a 1 day ban, and he thought the world was out to get him, and left. He did the same thing over at AZ.

He's a nut case. The second anyone said something against his ideology, he'd have a fit, and then leave. He crossed the line here and somone gave him a 1 day ban, and he thought the world was out to get him, and left. He did the same thing over at AZ.

And he also brought a lot of valuable information to the site, and seemed to know a lot about racing. The racing content on this site has suffered drastically since. I'm not saying he isn't a nut case, but so are numerous others on here. Is a shame he hasn't come back.

I miss Ski and TTC6 immensely. I think they both had a lot in common. They were big proponents of Sno and JFBB respectively, passionate about their opinions, and disagreed with the "cool kids" on PASR. And they both had a bit of a temper problem. Didn't Ski have a story about punching some guy out in the parking lot who said something about his daughter? And we know TTC6's stories.

But without them we have a fairly one dimensional community.

You say he crossed the line. But there isn't A line, it is YOUR line. Whatever the moderator's of a particular message board set as a line is the line. That doesn't mean all the members of the board agreed with the line. A good example is GSS, he got banned from AlpineZone for a flippant comment that I agreed with, and AZ is worse off for it. Basically the moderators there just didn't like him becuase they're all uptight and used that as an excuse to ban him. I feel like the TTC6 situation was the same way. The whole week leading up his banning other members were antagonizing the hell out of him and the moderators not only didn't stop it but participated in it, and then you turn around and ban him when he hits back because he finally hits too close to home and pisses some people off. I think he had some points at times and that if you cut through the BS he was an average person and actually wanted to ski with people - another thing people antagonized him for because he wanted to do it a little different than everyone else. A better solution would be to not ban him and if he said something that was so damn rude, just censor it. And then he'll bitch about it but you can at least be like this is an example of the reasons why you are losing your welcome here. Instead its like bring down the ban and lock all the threads related that not only he screwed up or about him getting kicked and just cut off the discussion. I feel like the same vibe is directed at a few other people who are old standing members but they haven't done anything egregious enough to give the mods an excuse.

I don't remember what Ski did, I just remember the fights he and Papasteeze had were comedic gold and often informative in some respect. And he was as prolific a poster as GSS in terms of daily reports, the Sno forum is basically dead now. He single handedly got me interested in that mountain, and now had some great information. Whatever he did wasn't worth losing that contribution to the place.

Basically if you take out the personalities, and especially the conflict, you have a much less interesting board. In the off season we're basically dicking around which is why I took PASR out of my "check it everyday" bookmark set until the fall rolls around again. If its the same 10 people talking and everybody agrees, not very interesting except to read TRs here and there.

There is certainly some barrier that needs to be set or else you get a mess like TGR. But the majority of the people on that site are assholes. If we have 1-3 guys on here who fight with everyone, I don't think thats a bad thing because we all recognize them. There is a big difference between TTC6 and GSS arguing in a thread because they always argue and a bunch of random people arguing with each other for no reason. One is funny because of the plot and one is just noise around good information. I guess you can talk about what the impression is on new people, but I don't think it is a big turn off. This is the most civil forum I'm on except for the Subaru Forester forum I joined but that is just people explaining how to do maintenance on their cars. Anything where you can have an opinion is way worse than this board with the fights and insults.

Meh, for a moderated board I think this is a pretty good scenario. Certain mods have some pretty thin skin, but overall it's better than a lot of other forums I've been in. I LOVE TGR's moderation, but it only works because their community is big enough. There are some random D-bags that come along and they get dealt with. Any forum that could get Doug to walk away is a forum for me. That being said, you pretty much have to understand if you say some stupid shit you will get slapped. If you say some intelligent things, some drunk will probably shit on you anyways. You smile, because it's fun and that's all skiing is anyways, and the conversation continues.

Ahahahaha oh how the tables have turned.

I agree he is a nutcase but he was entertaining! I don't check in as often since Ski got booted. TTC6 was just an asshole.

• Like 1

GSS - I think you crossed the line with the Facebook attack on Greg... It pretty much pissed off everyone.. Including me and all the rest of the people advocating for your return.

Not sure if there's any turning back from this one... It was fun while it lasted.. We had them on the ropes for a while. :)

yea i miss ski's race stoke and the anticipation of when that little switch in his brain would click from goodski to evilski.

ski definitely has some serious anger management issues. That switch flipped whenever anyone had an opinion he didn't like. My guess is he's in jail for wife beating or for cold cocking some stranger in one of his uncontrollable rages. :blink: