Job Fair

Nidecker

They can add it to their brochure. I see it now "Only airbag in PA even though you can't use it what its meant for! Touch the sky but dont go above our newly enforced airtime limit!"

That will be the day lol.... But why does it sound like something blue will enforce? O well I can't invert anyway and wont be able to....... Probably ever, so I have no problem with it. Sorry for the guys who can invert though.

I'm guessing the job of the shuttle bus driver is taken..that is a sweet job to have..if I had that job, I would shuttle people from the summit lodge to the valley lodge. I would say,"It's all downhill from here"...and giggle uncontrollably making an awkward 3 minute cruise to the 6-pack and tubing tent!!!!!

They never hire for the shuttle ever, the same guys have been doing it for years and its all they do.

blue pays for a little over half of the coats..... but i guess the extra 50 bucks was more than they could afford LOL

I would also enforce mandatory drug testing..which would mean no park crue.. :rofl

Or Security, you should have seen the real winners dave was interviewing today HA!

Said he had about 80 employees working for him last year and he couldnt find anyone to wanna work. so the GM told him hire as much as you need, so dave is looking for around 120 to 130 employees so if there are any fuckoffs which there will be he can just go ahead and boot them out the door.

Edited by Nidecker25

Or Security, you should have seen the real winners dave was interviewing today HA!

Said he had about 80 employees working for him last year and he couldnt find anyone to wanna work. so the GM told him hire as much as you need, so dave is looking for around 120 to 130 employees so if there are any fuckoffs which there will be he can just go ahead and boot them out the door.

That would be funny watching that tool trying to fire one of the armed guards! "Breaking News.....BLUE SECURITY GUARD GOES POSTAL ON NUDIST CAMP DAVE!"

The new GM is the guy from Ski Patrol w/ the white patch of hair on the back of his head. Just FYI.

JIM DAILEY IS THE GM? Shit thats news to me. I see him everywhere.

How the hell did Jim go from Ski Patrol Director to GM?

I was also curious why I always saw him in the summit lodge office in regular clothing towards the end of last season.

Edited by Nidecker25

Yeah I dont know thats just what they told us. And even if you have a permit, Blue does not want anyone else to have a gun on the slopes. Somebody asked about that- which contradicts having an armed guard I know, but whatever its her mountain not mine. ha

About the airbag... I know I was pissed too. It will be under 24 watch with a cam and Im pretty sure they will have ski patrol on it all the time. Im learning double corks on that thing regardless. Just gotta learn how to control the flip spin ratio haha. It is really pointless to spend 30,000 dollars on an airbag though and not allow flips onto it. Jim Daley said they looked into inverts but the insurance was just too high or whatever. Ive given up hope for Blue to allow anything inverted.

I'm sure this has been covered in another thread...BUT where are they putting this airbag?

Yes Jim dailey is the gm now. The airbag will be placed on valley school east next to tubing.

The scanners always told us ticket info btw. Maybe they will show more now? Ha and tr shuttle drivers are actually pArt of security. Lift scanners seems kinda gay. Catching somebody hiking the park isn't really a crime cause your paying for a "lift" ticket so that seems kinda redundant to have scanners at both places.

I'd likely get clotheslined at the end of the ropes trying to duck past the dude waving for me to stop...and then sue Blue for whiplash..and end up owning the place. I would put Rodeo Steve in charge of parks..speed up the 6-pack..and restructure the ski patrollers....oh yeah and add a new mascot..maybe an Owl if it didn't interfere with Hooters trade-mark...AshytoClashy aka shady shadows would get a lifetime season pass...I'd also change the name of the mountain...Blue mountain used to be named Little Gap..Sno used to be Montage and Bear Creak used to be Doe mountain...I think they should change the name of Blue mountain to something a little more progressive..mountains being named after a color is so Michael J Fox...next thing you know they are going to have a Dorlean in the park instead of the bus..better check yourself before you wreck yourself...oh yeah..I would also enforce mandatory drug testing..which would mean no park crue.. :rofl

Haha thanks I'd love to be in charge of the park. It could be a bad idea though cause the injury rate would indefinitely go up. We would need some form of checks and balances. Haha

Yes Jim dailey is the gm now. The airbag will be placed on valley school east next to tubing.

The scanners always told us ticket info btw. Maybe they will show more now?

Ya Dave said the scanners will show all of the Ticket information now. Mainly for assholes who dont understand why their ticket dosent work..... We can just simply show them the scanner and be like this is why dumbass see ya later when your ticket works. Nice way to shove peoples foots in their mouths.

Like what? How much info could possibly be associated with a (day) ticket?

Didn't get that down and dirty with that kind of info but I would guess all the info that's on the ticket will be on the scanner. I'll ask tonite we have a Security meeting at 7pm.

And the lift scan is particular to the guys/gals who hang on the Mtn 2 hours after there pass expired, so thank those people for the lift scan for those of you who dont like the idea of it. Management dosen't want to loose out on money and it will also take a good amount of bodys off the slopes that dont belong on them. I know people who did that last year and they would do it everytime they would come.

Edited by Nidecker25

I've never seen security in the Valley lot..if they would have been there on gaper day..several of us would have probably been carted out to Carbon County prison..public drunkenness is a crime.. :tinfoil:

Oh for sure. We were loud, stupid drunk that day.

so passes can get checked at all of the lifts too to stop anyone from hanging out on the slopes longer than what there ticket says.

They do it at BC and we always see them tossing someone so I can see where this could help them save/ make money.

You got it top and bottom and lift checks

Top too? That's weird. If you ticket was good at the bottom... Ugh.

I'm guessing the job of the shuttle bus driver is taken..that is a sweet job to have..if I had that job, I would shuttle people from the summit lodge to the valley lodge. I would say,"It's all downhill from here"...and giggle uncontrollably making an awkward 3 minute cruise to the 6-pack and tubing tent!!!!!

Ass. We actually took the shuttle one Gaper Day because they wouldn't give us the Gaper discount at the Valley Lodge.

Nice. Out of the way. Think they'll create a special ticket that gives you access purely to the bag? Seems like they're approaching it as akin to a new ride at an amusement park.

pretty sure it is actually insured as if it were an amusement park ride, and that someone up there had to take a cert. exam to get his amusement park operators license or something along those lines.

Top too? That's weird. If you ticket was good at the bottom... Ugh.

top lodge, not top of the lifts

Last season he was in charge of PR..and I saw him wearing dress slacks and a tie..very un-necassary for a ski area. I was totally starstruck though and was like,"Wow I saw you on TV"..but he's the idiot who took Atomic Jeffs pass away for three days..

Jim is a pretty cool guy. He actually helps me out a lot and was one of the few patrollers who never got me in trouble for inverts. He did kick me and a buddy out once for shooting mortars off the 6 pack, but it was only for a day. After it all it was New Years. haha but he works hard and I think he will do a good job.

The airbag will have a separate pass and dont quote me on the prices but I believe it was like 5-10$ a day, and like 50$ added on to a season pass to make it for the year.

Jim is a pretty cool guy. He actually helps me out a lot and was one of the few patrollers who never got me in trouble for inverts. He did kick me and a buddy out once for shooting mortars off the 6 pack, but it was only for a day. After it all it was New Years. haha but he works hard and I think he will do a good job.

The airbag will have a separate pass and dont quote me on the prices but I believe it was like 5-10$ a day, and like 50$ added on to a season pass to make it for the year.

i hope you're right about that one. it would be pretty annoying to have to make sure i've got cash or my credit card on me every day i wanted to hit the airbag. once and done for the season will speed things up considerably too. now if only there's some way to get around this no inverts crap... what's their official wording on 'inverted aerial maneuvers,' does anyone know? like, as long as your head stays above your hips you're fine, or what?

i hope you're right about that one. it would be pretty annoying to have to make sure i've got cash or my credit card on me every day i wanted to hit the airbag. once and done for the season will speed things up considerably too. now if only there's some way to get around this no inverts crap... what's their official wording on 'inverted aerial maneuvers,' does anyone know? like, as long as your head stays above your hips you're fine, or what?

Your head cant go below your board. Thats how they word it in the competitions. If you look at my avatar, thats about as inverted as you can go. That was the cork 7 I threw in the Big Air Comp a run before I broke my jaw and it was legal. Depending on whos there, Im sure there will be some days we will be able to throw them. As the season goes on and the bag flows smoothly they might loosen up a bit. Not like Pamela Anderson loose, but like Jessica Alba loose.

I LOL'd :bow:

Is there gonna be enough pitch to get mad steezy air? I'm guessing they might build up some sort of ramp to gain extra momentum..as long as there is a fee..it will keep bubble less crowded. I might try it but I want to spectate first..I bet there are some good youtube videos showing the mad steezy air bag..

the one at Windham looks cool..I can still see some injurys occurring when people slide off the bag..

I lol'd as well. I've watched folks hit the bag at Windham. I've mostly only seen gapers going off it.

top lodge, not top of the lifts

Oh no... a blonde moment. Ugh.

but he's the idiot who took Atomic Jeff's pass away for three days..

Oh you two are definitely getting kicked out more than once this year. Hopefully you'll behave and not not loose your passes for the season or forever. I think Doug has filled his "kicked" quota for the year actually.

• Like 1