Look pivots are back.

Justin

Saw the thread title and assumed that the thread was about the current resurgence of snowboarders spinning 180 while on rails. This is honestly the most disgusting thing you can do on a rail, please don't do it :/

also called a swivel? i think those look dope.

Great news, I'm out of the market for bindings but if I were I'd be interested. A lot of guys hoarded what was left when they canceled them a few years back. Will Rossi be shipping some under their name as well? Or only Look?

Rossi is also selling them, under the old FKS 15 and FKS 18 name.

Didn't know these were such a big deal, my brother has a pair like them. I think they are rossis.

Your probably talking about a p10 or 12 which is similar but not exactly the same.

This "new" binding was a FKS 155 or P18 and they are the worlds greatest binding unless your a kid or suck. Retention was excellent as they had tons of elasticity so if things got a little fucked you could still pull it back together but they always came off if you leg was going to snap.

They stopped making them because of wear on the molds and the higher cost of production as compared to their current piece of shit. They haven't built new molds and as far as anyone knows aren't going to so if you want any buy them now because it doesn't look like they can continue to make new pairs.

Yeah these bindings are fucking dope...having the heel piece pivot during a release can prevent tons of knee/ligament injuries, especially for those that like to crank up their DIN. With my knee problems...I'm definitely trying to snag a pair or two sometime this season.

Yeah these bindings are fucking dope...having the heel piece pivot during a release can prevent tons of knee/ligament injuries, especially for those that like to crank up their DIN. With my knee problems...I'm definitely trying to snag a pair or two sometime this season.

just curious, how high do you run your din and what bindings have you been using? the px heel functions the same way as the pivots do, in theory. it's just not as bomber.

just curious, how high do you run your din and what bindings have you been using? the px heel functions the same way as the pivots do, in theory. it's just not as bomber.

I used to run them at 6, but I started getting prerelease on a few landings so I cranked them up to 8, been good so far. Didn't know the px has the same heel release as the pivots...I'm running PX JIB's on my afterbangs. I recently fucked my knee up again a few weeks ago, I didn't tear anything luckily, I just pinched the cartilage. Needless to say I've been a little nervous tweaking it on a release lately than I've ever been.

I used to run them at 6, but I started getting prerelease on a few landings so I cranked them up to 8, been good so far. Didn't know the px has the same heel release as the pivots...I'm running PX JIB's on my afterbangs. I recently fucked my knee up again a few weeks ago, I didn't tear anything luckily, I just pinched the cartilage. Needless to say I've been a little nervous tweaking it on a release lately than I've ever been.

yeah i was just wondering, cause running your DIN at 6, you don't want pivots. the 14 goes 6-14 i believe, maybe 5-14, but ideally you want to be in the middle of the DIN range, so the 12 DIN binding is appropriate. depending on when you got your PX jibs, they've beefed up the heel since you bought yours. also, if you're prereleasing, i'd be willing to bet its more a forward pressure issue than DIN. the first gen PX without the metal reinforcement on the heel seemed to have some forward pressure issues when they came out. yours are the black/neon green right?

yeah i was just wondering, cause running your DIN at 6, you don't want pivots. the 14 goes 6-14 i believe, maybe 5-14, but ideally you want to be in the middle of the DIN range, so the 12 DIN binding is appropriate. depending on when you got your PX jibs, they've beefed up the heel since you bought yours. also, if you're prereleasing, i'd be willing to bet its more a forward pressure issue than DIN. the first gen PX without the metal reinforcement on the heel seemed to have some forward pressure issues when they came out. yours are the black/neon green right?

I had those on my invaders...I snagged a pair of 07/08 jibs (I think) for my bangs and bacons for cheap new at the ski and golf. They have the beefier heel I believe.

The PX series blows hard in comparison....word is that rossi made new heal molds....fucking a super sweet. Though that totally ruins my retirement plans of slowly releasing my hoard of turntables on TGR's gear swap...

well, yes and no. they're still doing the PX series, and keeping the high end PX (14, 15, 18) for racing applications. the PX heel, when its metal-reinforced, is must more laterally rigid than the pivot heel. for all-mountain carving, my PX's definitely feel better, which is why they'll be going on my obsetheds. for park skiing though, the pivot heel wins hands down for durability and how low your boot sits on the ski. totally agree on the hoarding though, i could have made bank selling what i've got now haha