We Have Lights

Nidecker

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course these are the norm when it comes to opening day but for those of you who didn't visit blue's site in sometime they updated it today with some pictures on the main page and this on the conditions page. Not too much. and for lifts will be the usual Vista Chair the Lift for Valley East & Main Street maybe Burma Chair if it gets busy. Blowing snow on Home Stretch is a good sign of more opening up on Sat or Sun to get the Sixpack going. Yay it's finally here!

Mountain Report for Monday, December 07, 2009

Projected Opening Date: December 11th (weather permitting)

Snow Making has begun on Easy Out, Vista, School Hill, Midway, Come Around Park, Lower Main Street, Valley School Hills East and West, Shuttle, Tubing, and Home Stretch

Just saw this listed on Blue's conditions page:

If things go well this week, who's up for some morning runs?

I've already requested off for Friday. If Blue is open I'm there, if not, I'm off to the Catskills.

Of course these are the norm when it comes to opening day but for those of you who didn't visit blue's site in sometime they updated it today with some pictures on the main page and this on the conditions page. Not too much. and for lifts will be the usual Vista Chair the Lift for Valley East & Main Street maybe Burma Chair if it gets busy. Blowing snow on Home Stretch is a good sign of more opening up on Sat or Sun to get the Sixpack going. Yay it's finally here!

Mountain Report for Monday, December 07, 2009

Snow Making has begun on Easy Out, Vista, School Hill, Midway, Come Around Park, Lower Main Street, Valley School Hills East and West, Shuttle, Tubing, and Home Stretch

6pack open this weekend? you're kidding, right? they need falls, tutslane, homestretch, etc, to open it up. Give it a week or two.

I've already requested off for Friday. If Blue is open I'm there, if not, I'm off to the Catskills.

I'm trying to get things squared away at work so I can take off Thursday and Friday. If huntah is open Thursday, I'm there, probably Friday too. Then it's true-blue Saturday on....

Thank you Ullr.....

6pack open this weekend? you're kidding, right? they need falls, tutslane, homestretch, etc, to open it up. Give it a week or two.

figured they would be blowing snow on the whole mountain just as hard as the trails that are going to be open for friday, they have plenty of time to do it... A week is a long time for snow making with optimal conditions. They could have all the above open by mid next week weather permitting.

they have been blowing on home stretch and shuttle like crazy... so reason to blow on those unless they are making an atempt on opening the six pack asap.

Edited by Nidecker25

figured they would be blowing snow on the whole mountain just as hard as the trails that are going to be open for friday, they have plenty of time to do it... A week is a long time for snow making with optimal conditions. They could have all the above open by mid next week weather permitting.

they have been blowing on home stretch and shuttle like crazy... so reason to blow on those unless they are making an atempt on opening the six pack asap.

Of course they want to open is ASAP...but they always turn the fan gun at the corner of shuttle and homestretch and the one in the base area on because they don't use any compressed air. That's the snowmaking on the those trails. They'd open Lazy Mile long before they opened the 6pack up. They do the same thing every year, trust me.

Of course they want to open is ASAP...but they always turn the fan gun at the corner of shuttle and homestretch and the one in the base area on because they don't use any compressed air. That's the snowmaking on the those trails. They'd open Lazy Mile long before they opened the 6pack up. They do the same thing every year, trust me.

before the 6pack was there for doug to get all hot and bothered over, they opened the quad without lazy being open. pretty sure they just had main st. down to shuttle or whatever that thing is called to lower park without any features in it. a year or two before the 6pack i think? although i'd have to agree with what i'm guessing your stance is on it, in that it really doesnt make sense to run that lift for what are essentially cat tracks and runouts for half the vert you're skiing off of it.

before the 6pack was there for doug to get all hot and bothered over, they opened the quad without lazy being open. pretty sure they just had main st. down to shuttle or whatever that thing is called to lower park without any features in it. a year or two before the 6pack i think? although i'd have to agree with what i'm guessing your stance is on it, in that it really doesnt make sense to run that lift for what are essentially cat tracks and runouts for half the vert you're skiing off of it.

They've opened Lazy before the quad as long as I can remember.

fan guns still use compressed air. They need compressed air for the nuc nozzle to create a super cooled plume. If they don't use compressed air I'd be interested to know how they get around that.

fan guns still use compressed air. They need compressed air for the nuc nozzle to create a super cooled plume. If they don't use compressed air I'd be interested to know how they get around that.

I'm pretty sure they have compressors onboard. I guess I should have specified that fan guns don't need compressed air from the snowmaking system.

Issued by The National Weather Service

Philadelphia, PA

3:22 am EST, Tue., Dec. 8, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE THIS EVENING AND THEN MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT AND THEN TO PLAIN RAIN BY WEDNESDAY MORNING. 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW SHOULD FALL WITH UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF FREEZING POSSIBLE BEFORE THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION CHANGES TO PLAIN RAIN.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

well at least it isnt going to be all rain... that might save them a little bit from losing a lot of snow.

Issued by The National Weather Service

Philadelphia, PA

3:22 am EST, Tue., Dec. 8, 2009

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE THIS EVENING AND THEN MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT AND THEN TO PLAIN RAIN BY WEDNESDAY MORNING. 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW SHOULD FALL WITH UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF FREEZING POSSIBLE BEFORE THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION CHANGES TO PLAIN RAIN.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

well at least it isnt going to be all rain... that might save them a little bit from losing a lot of snow.

that sounds like just about every single storm that rolled through last year. starts off all good, then for some dumb reason, there's always a warm front behind it, it rains, and blue (sidewinder specifically) turns to ice for about a week before they decide to blow snow again.

gotta remember Barbara is in charge now so things could be different. Although she probably wouldn't wanna run the bottom lodge cause that means less money. Well see on Friday :)

i got all of my gear out and its sitting on my dining room floor. i'm pretty much just staring at it in anticipation for it to be used on friday. thank god i have off today to do that and fri-sun to use it.

You finally build yourself a tuning room in that new house of yours yet?

NOAA Forcast for Palmerton says.....

Tonight: Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then rain, snow, and sleet between 2am and 4am, then rain and snow after 4am. Low around 30. Calm wind becoming east between 12 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday: Rain, mainly before noon. High near 41. Southeast wind between 11 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

ugh dry.gif I hate rain.... especially up to an inch.....

NOAA Forcast for Palmerton says.....

Tonight: Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then rain, snow, and sleet between 2am and 4am, then rain and snow after 4am. Low around 30. Calm wind becoming east between 12 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday: Rain, mainly before noon. High near 41. Southeast wind between 11 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Southwest wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

ugh dry.gif I hate rain.... especially up to an inch.....

better than all rain out of this system. hopefully some of the cooler air sticks around longer than normal.

You finally build yourself a tuning room in that new house of yours yet?

not yet. i have been doing other small projects around the house. i'll get something set up this season when i get a chance. probably in some corner of the basement.