old lady armor

Robert2

My wife's last piece of armor showed up in the mail today.

She didn't fit in any of the R.E.D. hip guards so we resorted to real hockey pants.

These pants showed up in the mail today and holy chit this is some really good padding.

I can see why hockey players are totally invincible to getting smacked into the wall.

My wife likes them and thinks they are better worn OUTside, not inside her snow clothes ...

so... yes... gape all you want........ look for them at BLUE. Somebody ...

please take pictures.

http://www.totalhockey.net/tab3.asp?item=5810

My wife's last piece of armor showed up in the mail today.

She didn't fit in any of the R.E.D. hip guards so we resorted to real hockey pants.

These pants showed up in the mail today and holy chit this is some really good padding.

I can see why hockey players are totally invincible to getting smacked into the wall.

My wife likes them and thinks they are better worn OUTside, not inside her snow clothes ...

so... yes... gape all you want........ look for them at BLUE. Somebody ...

please take pictures.

http://www.totalhock...3.asp?item=5810

Better safe than sorry :lol:

I can't imagine snowboarding in my hockey pads, but if i was going to i think i would cut out the quadriceps pads.

I agree... way too much bulk.. would never have thought of it until she said I had to teach her how to snowboard this year.

At her age.... breaking a hip or tail bone would be very possible so I figured we would wrap her up with as much armor as possible.

Roller blade knee pads, wrist guards, elbow guards... standard stuff... I put on all my students.... plus a real ski helmet... not a bike or skater helmet....

and this hockey pants completes the total body armor with hip and tail bone protection.

its so worth appearing to have a big butt. i never ride without my crashpads.

What kind do you wear?

We couldn't find anything that fit my wife.

All the pads we found were cut more to fit me than her.

What kind do you wear?

We couldn't find anything that fit my wife.

All the pads we found were cut more to fit me than her.

i wear crashpads. i think i ordered mine off this site http://crash-pads.com/ the ones i have fit me well the only pad the but and backside and outer side of the thigh which is nice. i have older ones similar to these http://www.crash-pads.com/shop/Pro-Pant-with-Tail-Shield/6.html they fit well under snowpants but i would recommend having bigger snowpants if your wife wears tighter fitting ones, with crashpads baggier is much more comfortrable.

ones similar to these http://www.crash-pads.com/shop/Pro-Pant-with-Tail-Shield/6.html they fit well under snowpants but i would recommend having bigger snowpants if your wife wears tighter

The R.E.D. pad pant we first got for her looks a lot like your example here but they didn't fit

my wife. I barely could stuff me into them.

Seems they manufacture the crash pad pants sort of targeting the athletic body type

and really miss the mark for everyone else... like me and my wife.

i wish i could rep this post more then one time. i was unsure of you robert2, but you're officially cool in my book.

You know all I wanted to do here is share some thoughts about armoring up for the hard pack.

Not everyone is invincible and there are soooooooo many great options for wearing protective armor that newbies could use some input from old farts like me.

But tainting my forum posts will not be tolerated this year.

ALL stupid shit will be replied with something a little more caustic this year.

You know all I wanted to do here is share some thoughts about armoring up for the hard pack.

Not everyone is invincible and there are soooooooo many great options for wearing protective armor that newbies could use some input from old farts like me.

But tainting my forum posts will not be tolerated this year.

ALL stupid shit will be replied with something a little more caustic this year.

Oh I'm all for it! Both the pads and the caustic replies.

That being said, i have a pair of pads that Pro-Tec makes. Been rocking them for about 5 seasons now, and I'm pretty sure they saved me a broken tailbone when I landed square onto a sheet of ice when overshooting the landing of a jump at Blue a few years back. As well as a potential broken hip when I wrapped myself around a tree my first season out here in Colorado. I'll be rocking them forever, if anything I want beefier ones. Here is a link to what Pro-Tec offers now, but mine are def way more old school (aka not as safe):

http://pro-tec.net/snow/ips_hip_pad.html

edit: if you read you'll see they have a women's specific model as well. probably a lil more hip room for those of us who are built for making babies.

Edited by nick malozzi

One95's for snow sports..serious lulz

I would have went with the the Tackla 9000Z Air's more of a euro pant so tighter and a little harder to break in but ultimately more comfortable.

None of the local ski shops stock body armor that fits adults here.

The largest snowsport armor we found in a store was an adult size L which is no bigger than a size 34 mens pants. The last time I wore a size 34 I was in junior high school.

I called around and everyone told me they could special order padding and I just gave up because

its obvious that we have to try on these pants.

Then I resorted to hockey armor because they make hockey armor for adults. Big adults.

And old ladies.

holy shit haha you bought the top of the line pants. shoulda saved some money and went for one75's or less, basically the same protection for half the price.

holy shit haha.......what are you 5?

I'm stimulating the economy.

I really didn't care what padding costs.

If I can't touch it in a store I have to go online.

Comparing the various protective pants online really was worthless to me.

A picture just doesn't do these products any justice.

The R.E.D. pants look online just as protective as the hockey pants and it wasn't until

we pulled the hockey pants out of the box that we realized these hockey pants

were sooooooooooo huge.

I put them on to check out the armor movement and it was like I was stepping into a freaking Mini Cooper compared to painting on the spandex R.E.D. pants.

You shouldn't skimp on armor because of cost.

The most common snowboard injury is a broken wrist and its not from jumping big air

or tripping on rails.

Its usually from catching an edge and cartwheeling.

The second most common injury is a concussion.

Both of these injuries can be avoided easily with a 5 dollar wrist guard and a $40 helmet.

Add knee pads and you get to play all day without ever worrying about a hard fall.

For brand new beginners who are not athletic you elevate your chances for really bad injuries from even the most trivial of falls.

You wouldn't think of doing a split like a cheerleader but lose some footing while skating with one foot out...like you must do to get on the lift.... and you end up stretching joints and

tendons you never even knew you had before.

Take a good spill and spin out like the Tazmanian Devil and you easily can rip up a hip

and limp for a month or more.

I don't care how tough you are. You can't fall on concrete and push all your body weight onto

one hand without breaking your arm or your wrist.

I know a high school football player who broke his wrist snowboarding last year.

The bigger you are, the harder you fall.

So ... armor up... and bounce instead breaking something.

Forget about cheaping out on the armor.

What you save on armor you will pay for later... maybe for the rest of your life.

Get a head injury.... and that stain you left on a tree may be the last thing you ever see.

A medovac helicopter ride to the ER costs something like $20,000 now.

So go ahead, don't wear a helmet.

If you get hurt bad you will be paying for it for the rest of your life.

Owe money for medical bills and you can't get good credit, can't buy a house, can't buy a car...

can't get a good job.

Employers do credit checks on new employees and when they see a guy has $250,000 of medical bills they wonder if this employee can be trusted... or will your crushing debt cause you to

try something illegal some day to pay off your debt.

I wouldn't hire you if I knew you had more medical bills than a house mortgage.

And you may be a good skier but what about all the nimrods who are not?

It just takes one idiot to wipe out and cut you off then send you into a tree.

So armor up and have fun.

• Like 1

Wrist guards, helmets, and crash pads are one thing, but hockey pants? Are you fucking joking?

Who would WANT to ski with a "mini cooper" strapped to their hips

Perhaps you missed the whole purpose of the total body arm thread.

My wife asked me to teach her how to snowboard this year.

We're not little kids.

We are members of AARP.

So when you teach an old lady how to snowboard you have to consider what the damage

factor can be and armor up.

One fall for her could mean a long term serious injury.

The crash pads pants by R.E.D. were the only ones we found in local stores and they only carry kiddie clothes.

Nothing for fat old people.

So I resorted to looking online for a pads source and the pictures online really don't show

a hockey pants next to a crash pad pants so we bought them thinking they keep hockey players from breaking bones so they should work.

It wasn't until we pulled them out of the box that we saw how huge they really were.

Huge or not, they are perfect for a "never ever been on snow" beginner lesson.