Hellow Neiman's...

sexkitten

Chanel Hits The Slopes

In case you were thinking that skiing and snowboarding weren't already luxe enough, now you can make the winter sports a lot more high-end.

Chanel has come out with its own line of skis and snowboards, complete with winter sport accessories such as goggles, poles, and the like.

And we thought Gucci was getting sporty!

Would you shell out for Chanel sports gear?

The funny thing is they are just rebagged equipment so your paying serious dolos for regular gear.

Everyone knows you aren't cool unless your rocking 50,000 euro Lacroix's

http://www.luxist.com/2008/12/06/courchevel-lacroix-ski-set/

The skis in this thread are everything that is wrong with snowsports.

Edited by Johnny Law

I like the idea of kevlar pants. I love the idea of luxury ski gear (just like I love the idea of luxury clothes but would not buy them). What always amuses me is that places like NM sell high end ski clothes/gear, but their product descriptions are devoid of performance or technical information. Like, if I am spending 2k + on a designer ski jacket, I would still like to know its waterproof and breathability ratings.

I think the skis are by request only and I agree about the NM ski gear. I've seen some nice stuff on clearance in the summer but can't buy it cause I can't tell if it's waterproof or washable or what not. After seeing where this thread went I think I'm going to label up my skis and see what people say. Of course I'll have to misspell stuff like the knock off stores at the Jersey shore so I don't get in trouble.

I think the skis are by request only and I agree about the NM ski gear. I've seen some nice stuff on clearance in the summer but can't buy it cause I can't tell if it's waterproof or washable or what not. After seeing where this thread went I think I'm going to label up my skis and see what people say. Of course I'll have to misspell stuff like the knock off stores at the Jersey shore so I don't get in trouble.

OMG, best idea ever. I'm going to a sign/decal store and have the LV emblem made into a print and then turned into a full length stick on decal.