Wilmington News Journal Sports Article

Papasteeze

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably pretty hard to slip a plug in for a website... Not like we have any influence on his abilities anyway :)

:o how dare you say that!

I take all the credit for his improvment, after all, it was me who encouraged him from day one :naughty .

At least get a PASR sticker RIGHT in the front of his helmet, like bode has his Barilla sticker. :lol:

:rock

What a great article.  It was nice that both boys were profiled.

So where do you go from here?  Stay with NASTAR or join something else?

Thanks NJSki! Where do we go??? Anywhere there is snow!! :rock

It's the Boys' call.. Ridge wants to join the CAT team at CB and I know he wants to race NASTAR without a doubt. There is the option of independent USSA stuff which might make better sense since we travel so much and attendance at CB could be a problem. Tough call at this point considering that Steven wants to get into any park any chance he can (CB's park is seriously lacking comparitively and a least favorite) - the http://www.nextxsnow.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main.home events next year is the best competition for freestylers at his age.

I'm glad you're letting the boys decide this. No question that they are very, very talented and it would be a shame if they got burnt out by being forced to do things they don't want to do.

Your boys would be welcomed no matter where they go.

I must say how much I've enjoyed that you have shared your story with everyone. We would have never tried ski racing if I haven't read everyone's stories on this site.

When we skied at Smuggler's the resort has a NASTAR type race course set up and my kids' instructor gave them pointers about skiing the course. Smuggler's calls it the "family recreation race course" and on certain days McDonald's sponsors it and its free and everyone gets a McDonald's gift certificate.

The flags at Smuggler's are the type that are snowboader-friendly. One side of the flag is lower than the other.

After I got injured I sat in the lodge and watched all the ski camps ski the course. There is a speed clock that posts your time. The announcer told the names of the kids and where they were from. Boy, the little kids from Canada just smoked the course. And then there were the first timers who missed some of the gates.

And by good fortune got to watch my kids' class ski the course.

Sounds like you may need to divide and conquer at times. Recruit the Mrs...

The recruited ex-Mrs likes the silent passive partner role..

are you suggesting splitting up the boys?

No, not really however, we rarely see Steeze during the day. One of them is from Mars the other from Jupiter. errrrr... one is a rider the other is a racer.. I had to threaten to take the Steeze's lift pass away just to get him to tape his brother racing in PC.

For a day or two, why not?

That is the most likely option, Ridge will be at CB while I haul steeze to another mountain as needed, or vise versa..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...