The Big Air Bag

pcc25

I'm not going to get into it here because it's simply not worth it. But, just as an example of only one issue: EVERYONE I rode with at Blue, or talked to this year, told me that they can't spin all 3 jumps. Frankly, how many can hit the sweet spot on all three jumps, in a row, in the same run?

I thought you only did straight airs?

i didn't really have any problems with them this weekend sobey. after my first run through and i got the distances figured out i was fine.

Unlike other people on here, even if something isn't what I want to hear, even if I don't like the person posting it, I'm willing to believe what you post.

Are you saying you're clearing all 3 to the sweet spot, in a row? If so, are you able to throw anything while hitting all 3 in a row?

All of the people I know are picking 1 or 2 jumps to hit in one run.

Edited by TTMethod

they pick 1 or two because theres no point to hit all 3 unless youre in a comp where you have to. toast skis well, he knows what hes doing.

usually it goes 1, 2, spin 3.

number one sucks. two is a legit setup for 3 and 3 is the jump everyone spins/hits that knows what theyre doing. really - if you rode park and could do all the things you complain other people cant, youd know this

• Like 1

they pick 1 or two because theres no point to hit all 3 unless youre in a comp where you have to. toast skis well, he knows what hes doing.

usually it goes 1, 2, spin 3.

number one sucks. two is a legit setup for 3 and 3 is the jump everyone spins/hits that knows what theyre doing. really - if you rode park and could do all the things you complain other people cant, youd know this

No one is doubting Toast. Especially not me. I'm able to separate personal shit when trying to share information. At CB last year, you could spin off of all 4 jumps if you wanted to. I wish Blue had a jump line that was laid out so you could do the same. I agree that it's common for people to use a jump as a setup to the next and just do a simple grab or a 1. But, I still prefer a layout where you can throw stuff off of every jump in a row. Having a layout that can offer that option is a good thing, right?

For the record, I never claim to be great. I just want to have fun with my friends and progress. That's it.

Edited by TTMethod
  • Like 1

thats the point ttmethod, now youre on track haha. sidewinder doesnt allow what you want. everyone knows this already and thats what we are trying to improve on as a community at blue.

that trail is really only good for 2medium sized jumps. 2 and 3 are fine right now. 1 is dumb.

and i highly doubt CB has anything close to the jumps blue has. as far as size and construction. Rhodo is a terrible trail for jumps haha.

and by the way, no one ever said you couldnt spin all 3 at blue. i do and have. but theres no point because the jumps arent at par except 2 and 3 - even that is only sometimes.

thats the point ttmethod, now youre on track haha. sidewinder doesnt allow what you want. everyone knows this already and thats what we are trying to improve on as a community at blue.

that trail is really only good for 2medium sized jumps. 2 and 3 are fine right now. 1 is dumb.

and i highly doubt CB has anything close to the jumps blue has. as far as size and construction. Rhodo is a terrible trail for jumps haha.

and by the way, no one ever said you couldnt spin all 3 at blue. i do and have. but theres no point because the jumps arent at par except 2 and 3 - even that is only sometimes.

the first is worthless because it's so small, not because it's a bad jump. it's built alright, but it's not the size jump one would expect in an 'expert' park. even the 2nd is small now. the 2nd should be about the size of the 3rd, but slightly higher up the hill, while the 3rd should be at least as big as it was earlier this season, if not bigger, and also slightly higher up the hill so you don't have to worry about smacking into the wallride/gapers coming around the landing if you ride out switch. the potential is definitely there, some stuff just needs to be rethought.

and ttc6, yes, some of us can spin all 3 jumps in the jumpline. that doesn't mean we're always going to, because as ashy said, the first isnt really worth it.

and ttc6, yes, some of us can spin all 3 jumps in the jumpline. that doesn't mean we're always going to, because as ashy said, the first isnt really worth it.

That's cool. If you say it, I believe it. I have no problem deferring to people with more knowledge or ability than me. But, I can't clear all 3 in a row and no one I've talked to or ridden with have spun all 3 in a row. In my opinion, Rhodo's jump line was legit last year. If you didn't ride it, it's a shame. CB did a good job.

Edited by TT C6
  • Like 1

That's cool. If you say it, I believe it. I have no problem deferring to people with more knowledge or ability than me. But, I can't clear all 3 in a row and no one I've talked to or ridden with have spun all 3 in a row. In my opinion, Rhodo's jump line was legit last year. If you didn't ride it, it's a shame. CB did a good job.

TT when was the last time that you hit them? they cut them down a bit and reshaped them at the end of last week to make the landings steeper. before then they were still very clearable, but now, they are smaller and even easier to clear. the only issue is that you need to adjust for that, or else you will overshoot them.

TT when was the last time that you hit them? they cut them down a bit and reshaped them at the end of last week to make the landings steeper. before then they were still very clearable, but now, they are smaller and even easier to clear. the only issue is that you need to adjust for that, or else you will overshoot them.

2 weeks ago. I injured my collar bone last night when I got inverted. But, I might be down to ride Blue again this week. If you guys post up a park session roll call, I will try to make it. I'm still pissed about missing the Burton event, but whatever man. I just want to ride.

Edited by TT C6
  • Like 1

2 weeks ago. I injured my collar bone last night when I got inverted. But, I might be down to ride Blue again this week. If you guys post up a park session roll call, I will try to make it. I'm still pissed about missing the Burton event, but whatever man. I just want to ride.

i'll be there on saturday...i have a season pass and can get you in the vip line.