Aspen, Co Report Thread

NazarethSkier

Hello everybody...

I am here in Aspen, CO and I just enjoyed the finest ski day of my life today. I am not really into posting T/R's(that's what GSS is for) but I thought I would at least post what trails I covered on a daily basis. I leave on Wednesday so I have 3 more days in heaven. :wiggle

2/17/10. My wife accompanied me today-first day in Aspen. Packed Powder conditions. 1" of new snow fell overnight. Runs today...Two creeks & Elk Camp(bull run to funnel), Elk Camp Gondola(adam's avenue to slider), Alpine Springs(log deck to lunkerville), Alpine Springs(green cabin), Sheer Bliss(sneaky's to sneaky's glades to sneaky's to max park to trestle to coffee pot to funnel), Elk Camp Gondola(cascade to creekside)

2/18/10. Light Powder day! 2" of new snow fell overnight. I snatched first chair on Elk Camp lift. The 2" of new snow really helped soften things up. It wasn't enough to save my skis from a nasty rock-boulder on KT Gully that left my ski with a nice core shot. Runs today...Two creeks & Elk Camp(gunner's view), Elk Camp(sandy park to turkey trot to adam's avenue to naked lady), Alpine Springs(green cabin), Sheer Bliss(sheer bliss to free fall glades), Sheer Bliss(sheer bliss to kt gully), Sheer Bliss(sheer bliss to hang on's), Sheer Bliss(sneaky's to sneaky's glades to sneaky's to max park), Big Burn & Cirque(headwall to frog pond glades to waters to turkey trot), Elk Camp(long shot to eastbranch)

2/19/10. Powder Day! 6" of new snow fell overnight. I arrived at 8:38AM and it was to late for first gondie(what was I thinking-it was a powder day). Locals have been starved of quality powder days all year and they were there early. Runs today...Silver Queen Gondola(easy chair to 1&2 leaf to silver dip), Ajax Express(silver dip to sunrise/sunset), Ajax Express(cutoff to buckhorn to midnight to pump house hill), Ajax Express(cutoff to midway road to north american), Ajax Express(1&2 leaf to walsh's to lud's lane), Gent's Ridge(1&2 leaf to hyrup's to lud's lane to gent's ridge to glade 2 to copper bowl to kleenex corner to little nell), Silver Queen Gondola(silver dip), Fis(ruthie's run), Ruthie's(international to perry's prowl to spar gulch to kleenex corner to little nell)

2/20/10. Powder Day! 11" of new snow fell overnight. I arrived at 8:32AM and it was full house again. To late for the first gondie but there was something special in the air today...lots of snow! Today was my finest day on skis and I was living the dream from 9AM to 12PM and ended the session with a Starbucks(Hot Chocolate) and a wrap from Big Wrap(To Thai For). Runs today...Silver Queen Gondola(silver dip to sunrise/sunset), Ajax Express(cutoff to buckhorn to midnight to pump house hill), Ajax Express(cutoff to midway road to north american), Fis(red's run), Fis(international to perry's prowl to spar gulch to kleenex corner to tower ten road to east 5th avenue), Lift 1A(lower roch run to corkscrew to summer road to little nell), Silver Queen Gondola(1&2 leaf to hyrup's to lud's lane to gent's ridge to jackpot to kleenex corner to little nell)

• Like 2

I have some more pictures of todays powder :wub: but I am pressed for time. Time to hit the treadmill...

2/17/10...My Kastle setup...poles and skis :wiggle

web.jpg?ver=12667063320001

2/17/10...My wife at Snowmass getting some binding deep poe!

web.jpg?ver=12667063470001

2/18/10...Welcome to Snowmass-First Chair!

web.jpg?ver=12667063200001

2/18/10...Free Fall Glades

web.jpg?ver=12667063630001

2/19/10...Good Morning from Aspen...6" of new snow...today is going to be a good day!

web.jpg?ver=12667063700002

2/19/10...Welcome to Aspen Mountain

web.jpg?ver=12667063980001

2/19/10...View from North American

web.jpg?ver=12667063770001

2/20/10...Today is going to be a special day...view of Aspen Mountain in white

web.jpg?ver=12667063040001

2/20/10...View above Perry's Prowl

web.jpg?ver=12667062940001

2/20/10...View of International

web.jpg?ver=12667062910001

Edited by NazarethSkier
  • Like 1

Awesome! Looks great. :drool:rock:yes

Are you staying in town? Also, any advantage to parking at Two Creeks? I am a rodeo lot guy myself or I just park at a private home at Campground. Two creeks looks like it has the advantage of not having to wait for the bus.

Those pictures are real hard to digest knowing that I will be at Blue tomorrow.

nice pics. looks like you had some good snow.

Snow depths up until this past week have been very minimal. The whole town is praying for more snow. Seeing the locals fight for position in the gondola line today was a sure sign they have gone wacky due to lack of snow this year.

Today I visited Aspen-Buttermilk Mountain. My wife joined me today and we had an incredible time together. She really pushed herself and in the process made a new friend(powder). Winter Storm Warning is still posted for the Aspen area(since thursday) and remains in effect till noon MST Monday. Enough already....below are the trails I visited today followed by some pictures. I think I love it here :halo

2/21/10 Powder Day! 5" of new snow fell overnight. My wife was with me today and it was a welcomed change. Conditions were fantastic and the white stuff was everywhere. :wiggle Runs today...Summit Express(westward ho), West Buttermilk Express(big face hollow), West buttermilk Express(homestead road to westward ho), West Buttermilk Express(larkspur to red's rover to campbird), West Buttermilk Express(tom's thumb to buckskin to sterner gulch to eagle hill), Upper Tiehack(ridge trail to midway avenue to baby doe to homestead road)

2/21/10...Main Street Cafe...Blueberry pancakes with a side of sausage to start the day

web.jpg?ver=12667872790001

2/21/10...Powder Pandas are welcomed to 5" of fresh poe

web.jpg?ver=12667872800001

2/21/10...My wife booting up for her first legit powder day

web.jpg?ver=12667872810001

2/21/10...Getting some fresh turns in

web.jpg?ver=12667872840001

2/21/10...Glade skiing

web.jpg?ver=12667872750001

2/21/10...Moose Alley

web.jpg?ver=12667872840001

2/21/10...Well deserved hot chocolate at Cliffhouse

web.jpg?ver=12667872730001

2/21/10...JADIP

web.jpg?ver=12667872860001

2/21/10...Forecast tonight-SNOW...Agenda tomorrow-Highlands...I'll see you tomorrow :)

web.jpg?ver=12667872860001

• Like 2

Looks great. It also looks like you have the whole place to your self.

Buttermilk is always overlooked. There were a handful of people at the West Buttermilk chair at 9:45. There was untracked groomed with 3" on top at 11:00 on Tiehack. It really felt like it was a private hill. Great day!