Best mountain to teach a 4 yo

mdskier

Jack Frost is also a good learning mountain. Since all of the beginner terrain is pretty well separated from everything, and only goes halfway down the hill. They do have a learning area with a magic carpet that is completely separate as well.

winner winner chicken dinner..most kids that age aren't gonna last very long..

And you know this how???

My experience...

Both of my kids absolutely loved it and wanted to stay as long as possible...

Sure they got cold and wanted lunch and to go to the bathroom and all that, but... they sure as hell didn't want to leave.

On the other hand, if the child hates it they would want to leave...who wouldn't??

Give the kid the best chance at enjoying it by going on a midweek day or slower weekend day so there isn't a zillion people around and more importantly on a day where the temperature isn't absolutely freezing.

The most important thing in teaching anyone something new is patience.

From my experience as a nanny kids tend to want to leave, pee, cry, etc. when it's most inconvenient. If they like skiing and want to stay all day great but if not at least there is less hassle for Mom and Dad. Try Bear Creek. They sell 4 hour passes, have a pretty mild terrain and are closer than the Pocs for a lot of people. JMO.