get yer chit outta my locker

Robert2

To be fair I'd bet he could. I believe he stated he just didn't to ensure he stayed healthy and keep the good times rolling.

If someone is good enough to be an instructor, they should not have to fear injury from skiing PA black diamonds IMHO.

• Like 3

wow..that site is almost as ghetto as Sno mountains website...LMBFAO!!!!

Expiration Date:29-Mar-2010 20:54:45 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

Registrant ID:CR38816861

Registrant Name:Stephen Holsinger

Registrant Street1:105 Center Ave

Registrant Street2:

Registrant Street3:

Registrant City:Jim Thorpe

Registrant State/Province:Pennsylvania

Registrant Postal Code:18229

Registrant Country:US

Registrant Phone:+1.7174515769

Registrant Phone Ext.:

Registrant FAX:

Registrant FAX Ext.:

Registrant Email:sholsinger@gmail.com

Admin ID:CR38816863

Admin Name:Stephen Holsinger

Admin Street1:105 Center Ave

Admin Street2:

Admin Street3:

Admin City:Jim Thorpe

Admin State/Province:Pennsylvania

Admin Postal Code:18229

Admin Country:US

Admin Phone:+1.7174515769

Admin Phone Ext.:

Admin FAX:

Admin FAX Ext.:

Admin Email:sholsinger@gmail.com

Tech ID:CR38816862

Tech Name:Stephen Holsinger

Tech Street1:105 Center Ave

Tech Street2:

Tech Street3:

Tech City:Jim Thorpe

Tech State/Province:Pennsylvania

Tech Postal Code:18229

Tech Country:US

Tech Phone:+1.7174515769

Tech Phone Ext.:

Tech FAX:

Tech FAX Ext.:

Tech Email:sholsinger@gmail.com

Name Server:NS1.DREAMHOST.COM

Name Server:NS2.DREAMHOST.COM

Name Server:NS3.DREAMHOST.COM

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

DNSSEC:Unsigned

Expiration Date:29-Mar-2010 20:54:45 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

Registrant ID:CR38816861

Registrant Name:Stephen Holsinger

i guess somebody didn't pay the extra $2 a month for a private DNS registration.

• 2 weeks later...

I think R2's whole point was that he's pissed that they're doing maintenance on the seasonal lockers, not the coin operated lockers.

I think his whole point is that he likes to complain. Nobody said they wouldn't be doing maintenance on the coin-op lockers. So they might paint the seasonal lockers... that might take 3 days and a grand total of $150 worth of paint to do? That's really going to break the bank, and make replacing a half dozen locking mechanisms on the coin op lockers just totally out of the question.

R2 also likes to complain about snow conditions. He emphasizes that in order to teach properly, he needs IMMACULATELY groomed slopes, and nothing else is acceptable. Sounds more like the excuses of a crappy teacher than a legitimate concern. I've taught in just about every snow and weather condition, and successfully gotten students to learn skills. I'm surrounded by instructors who do the same. It's just what you do, what you're expected to do. I think it's a lot easier for R2 to teach poorly and at the end say 'well, those conditions were horrible, there was nothing we could do out there', than to actually say 'sorry, I'm just not a very good instructor'.

Edited by Freeski919
  • Like 5

I think his whole point is that he likes to complain. Nobody said they wouldn't be doing maintenance on the coin-op lockers. So they might paint the seasonal lockers... that might take 3 days and a grand total of $150 worth of paint to do? That's really going to break the bank, and make replacing a half dozen locking mechanisms on the coin op lockers just totally out of the question.

R2 also likes to complain about snow conditions. He emphasizes that in order to teach properly, he needs IMMACULATELY groomed slopes, and nothing else is acceptable. Sounds more like the excuses of a crappy teacher than a legitimate concern. I've taught in just about every snow and weather condition, and successfully gotten students to learn skills. I'm surrounded by instructors who do the same. It's just what you do, what you're expected to do. I think it's a lot easier for R2 to teach poorly and at the end say 'well, those conditions were horrible, there was nothing we could do out there', than to actually say 'sorry, I'm just not a very good instructor'.

:)

+100

:bow:

can R2 really not do black diamonds? i find it hard to believe that ANYONE who goes skiing/riding on a regular basis cannot ride a black diamond, let alone an "instructor"

from lurkin' his threads, i believe that he is legally blind and chooses not to ride black diamonds so that he wont accidentally hit someone or something.

The goggles alone cost $50.

Seriously, that's the number you're going to throw out to try and impress us? Fifty bucks doesn't buy you anything more than total crap when it comes to goggles. Out of my 4 pairs of goggles, the cheapest pair was $125. As somebody who bills himself as an instructor, you should be a little more in touch with the industry than to think $50 is a lot of money for goggles.

• Like 1

You got ripped off paying $125+ for goggles with all the sick deals available online. My Oakley A Frames cost me $50 and they are usually like 125....dude you shouldn't talk you are moving back to Vermont and your home mountain is gonna be...cough cough Bolton Valley....lol

My point is $50 isn't wicked expensive for goggles,like he's trying to portray. And I'll be working at Bolton because it's closer to BTV. I'll use my employee status there to get tix to Stowe,smuggs, bush, Jay, MRG... living the life in northern VT is all about positioning yourself well. Why work at Stowe where its always busy and I can't escape to ski anywhere else?

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...