Gear whore alert...

phillycore

Just because I like adding skis to my collection...

I picked up yet another set..

Sticking with 9thward again ordered a set of 183 SFS Rory's from 08/09

(mainly because I like the graphics better than the 09/10's and they are the same ski... a little cheaper as well)

http://www.ninthward.com/skis/0809rory183.php

140/113/130 183cm, soft tip / hard tail 24 meter turning radius

These will more than likely be my everyday mid season and east coast pow ski

So my quiver will be... (in order by length)

06/07 Icelantic Scout AT boards 143cm 140/105/130 turning radius 12m <- my toys and gaper day skis

06/07 K2 Public Enemy 179 118/85/109 turning radius 20m <- Early season and thin cover ski

06/07 NinthWard Firstblood 180 123/91/116 turn radius 24.5m <- Everyday all mountain ski

08/09 NinthWard SFS Rory Silva Pro 183 140/113/130 turn radius 24m <- Everyday fat ski

08/09 NinthWard Nick Greener Pro 190 145/115/132 turn radius 30m <- Powder ski

Who the hell needs carving skis anyway??

ok so my PE's and firstbloods pretty much overlap

The Rory's and NGP's overlap as well as far as waist size goed, but the NGP's are a serious hard charger ski and everything on them is damn near a jump turn. The 24 turn radius should be better for everyday use as a fat ski compared to the NGP's which are just a beast and better served for my out west trips. After buying the NGP's I found myself using them all the time and wanted to find another fat ski option with a better turn radius on them for both the east and west coast. Originally I was looking for something in the 100 waisted range, but I like my 9's and the Rory's were a sick deal on skis that I know could be hella fun.

Maybe...I'll sell the icelantics but I doubt it... they are fun as a toy...lol

The new ski progression is crazy... I still remember the progression from straight long skis to parabolic skis.

It's a shame Shane McConkey won't be around as his litte idea will be changing skis forever.

They are finding more and more ways to use rocker, sidecut and reverse camber into all mountain tools not just powder skis now.

Take a look at the freeskier preview of the new skis for 2011 on freeskier.com a lot of good shit coming in the next few years.

I rock a couple slightly used boards I get off ebay that people let collect dust in their garage after trying the sport and quitting, beat the shit out of them and sell/buy a different one or two every season or two. :pirate I used to buy new decks but nothing got me more annoyed then buying a new deck full price and taking a core shot early in it's life :pissed

That is quite the impressive collection you have there though Phillycore.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE