Bye Bye TIcket Check

Switchsideskier.

Really, they're RFID? I find that hard to believe as I already have my pass for this season and I doubt there's a RFID chip in there. Also you can see the barcode scanners on the gates (those bright red circles).

I don't think they'll have any impact on the VIP line. I bet they mount these just before the lift chutes. You'll still have the big open area where the lift line attendant calls you out which is after the VIP line. All the groups will funnel down to the scanners and then into the lift chute.

It's definitely going to slow things down a bit as the lift grouper attendant is going to have to be slower at sending out groups to the scanners.

Disclaimer: I don't know for sure, just a SWAG and how I would do it...

That red thing is the stop/go as I remember. Oh, and my aspen pass was no thicker then a credit card with no visible RFID "buldge", but still had an RFID chip in it.

That red thing is the stop/go as I remember. Oh, and my aspen pass was no thicker then a credit card with no visible RFID "buldge", but still had an RFID chip in it.

Yeah, I guess it's true that there wouldn't be a buldge for RFID. Guess it really doesn't matter, but it'd probably be a lot quicker if it was RFID (no need to show barcode). We're gonna have to live with it either way... sad.gif

Really, they're RFID? I find that hard to believe as I already have my pass for this season and I doubt there's a RFID chip in there. Also you can see the barcode scanners on the gates (those bright red circles).

I don't think they'll have any impact on the VIP line. I bet they mount these just before the lift chutes. You'll still have the big open area where the lift line attendant calls you out which is after the VIP line. All the groups will funnel down to the scanners and then into the lift chute.

It's definitely going to slow things down a bit as the lift grouper attendant is going to have to be slower at sending out groups to the scanners.

Disclaimer: I don't know for sure, just a SWAG and how I would do it...

RFID chips are super super tiny now. anyway, the corral for the quad looked like it was already cemented into the ground, and it was not right in front of the lift chutes. it's back where the lines end before the attendant calls you out, so i'm really not sure how they're going to have to reconfigure the logistics of all that.

Alta did the same thing. Even for a day ticket, you could get a card instead of a paper ticket so you didn't have to show your ticket every time you got on a lift. it looked no different in form factor than blue's current passes but had an RFID tag in it.

Yikes! I thought that cement base was just a mount for the scanners and with the rope there, they hadn't put it in its final resting place.

If it is indeed that far back, I have to agree that they've probably got something different in mind. Oh boy, it's gonna be interesting to say the least...icon_smile_banghead.gif

Wonder if the new passes (and those purchased at the end of last year) have an RFID chip or are they going to reissue passes? Inquiring minds want to know! blink.gif

the chance of this happening is 0%

Interesting....

Just went to Alta's web page and it shows you can enter a Web ID from your pass to get run information.

Perhaps Blue bought an entire pass system that provides this functionality???

Might have to get one of these if it is RFID....

http://skipassdefender.com/

Ok, so I've given this some thought and I think if this has the potential to be a really bad idea. It all depends on what they do about the vip line. If we have to get scanned through a gate after each run, then it's gonna suck really badly.

I really wish Blue participated here...if not here, just be more damn active on both your face book pages. Or a focus group or something. I hate how they make decisions and we're all left in the dark about it. Anyway, here why I think this is going to suck.

This concept of getting scanned in is likened to going through a toll booth on a major highway. Everyone gets all stupid and can't figure it out around the lanes. Bring on EZ Pass, and the greatest thing to ever happen to highway robbery....The high speed EZ Pass! Now we can collect peoples money and plate # at over 60mph! :ph34r:

Anyway, RFID would have been the way to go. You could build one great big fucking arch over the both queue areas, with a million red led bulb strip across the top if it. If you have a RFID in your season pass or day ticket, a light goes off where security can watch. If it doesn't , security clubs you you with a ski pole. Simple really. Just has wished you asked first.

:idea

The liftlines at blue are alot more exciting and technical than the terrain. Razors and challenge are solid blue squares but the six pack liftline is at leas a

single black...especially whenthe troughs are clear ice.

i wish they would include them as trails. they really are fun when there is a bunch of snow under the lift.

I think she was being sarcastic..

Ding, ding, ding. Besides if I was going to make fake passes I would sell them not use them myself. Haha.

BTW, I like the "high speed EZPass" idea. Better for the skiers and riders but easier to cheat I would think. Blue is a business. Whatever scanner makes/ saves them more money is the one they'll use. End of story.

Edited by sexkitten

BTW, I like the "high speed EZPass" idea. Better for the skiers and riders but easier to cheat I would think. Blue is a business. Whatever scanner makes/ saves them more money is the one they'll use. End of story.

Exactly. I'm sure that's why they implemented the barcoded passes in the first place (reduced loss). However, I'm sure there were still cheats taking runs after the ticket expires.

Now with the scanners, there's all sorts of info they can track.

Did some Googling on the big SKIDATA on the scanners and found http://www.skidata.com/index.php?id=1048 They can display pictures of the skier above the lifts to make sure you're the passholder, etc.

Guess this EpicMix thing out at Vail is causing all out uproar about tracking...