New "Features"

Switchsideskier.

went up to blue yesterday to look at their "improvements" nice... not to bad! the ticket scanners at comet and challenge chair are rfid, talked to heidi about them and they are just standard scanners they dont keep skiing information like other mountains have they are set up about 30 feet from the lift corrals. i cant wait to see how they operate this.

finally got in the summit lodge! since the job fair is only one day away people were finally in the office!!! wow. changes in the main lodge are new carpeting! the whole lodge first and second floor. guess 12 years was long enough for the last carpet. still have the 80's cafeteria food ordering area. the caf was still set up for a wedding reception it looked really nice they should always keep it that way. ha. I pulled the curtain away and wow the courtyard looks great! if you wouldnt have been to the resort in two years you wouldnt know the place anymore couldnt snap any pictures cause construction workers were all over the place up stairs and i shouldnt have been up stairs technically. the new ticket area is great. the whole wall is nothing but a ticket kiosk. now ALL they have to do is either destroy the lodge in the valley if you want to even call it a lodge or start putting some money in to that place... at least give it an actual floor besides the open boards junk look. i got no information about the "glade trails" i forgot about asking heidi about them.

post-3222-073524500 1286994514_thumb.jpg

post-3222-029173000 1286994535_thumb.jpg

post-3222-010456700 1286994551_thumb.jpg

EDIT: they bought new lockers in the summit. they look very interesting to say the least.

Edited by Nidecker25

I'm just happy we have Nightmare..don't tell anybody but the right side is mad technical..especially after a warm spell when it's a stream...or creek as they call it in Jersey...shout out to Root..what what..

And to the Ski Patrol for waiting until like the last few operating days to finally mark it with warning poles....

yeah for a place like Blue that takes pride in safety..alot of "features" like large rocks and holes go unmarked...they have the lollipops...

they certainly don't take pride in safety during the summer when they're open for mountain biking. i felt horrible for the kid who broke his leg during the DH race sunday for the care he received on the mountain. the first responder was moving his broken leg in all sorts of horrible ways and the kid just laid there and took it like a champ.

they certainly don't take pride in safety during the summer when they're open for mountain biking. i felt horrible for the kid who broke his leg during the DH race sunday for the care he received on the mountain. the first responder was moving his broken leg in all sorts of horrible ways and the kid just laid there and took it like a champ.

Where was ski patrol?

Where was ski patrol?

the first responder dude was ski patrol. but it was like amateur hour ski patrol. like if we were not there telling him what ski trail we were closest to, they would have been hiking around in the woods for who knows how long trying to find the kid once they got the backboard up there. luckily they took him to lehigh valley instead of palmerton at least. word on the street is it was a dislocated knee, not a broken femur, although that still sounds absolutely miserable.

we had the club leaders meeting at blue last night. news for the season:

5 fan guns! :drool

to help blow snow on two new glade runs - should be interesting to see what they constitute as a "glade run", i hope theyre legit and not lame like some other pokey tree runs :tinfoil:

moguls, moguls moguls - more commitment to bumps with two comps this season! :rock

looked like alot of new snow making guns on main street also!

racing re-vamp: no more racing on raceway, now re-named widowmaker. monday night beer league to be on razor's B) nastar to be on lower paradise re-named finish line. not sure about that one - i understand that the crossing was an accident waiting to happen and the finish area is too short but i like the pitch on the raceway headwall. definately the steepest nastar course around. no masters program this year either - i know a few tuesday night regulars were thinking about jumping over

then theres the lodge and tuning & rental shop improvements - no changes planned for the bar so really doesn't affect me so much ;)

oh yea and the rfd lift ticket checking. not sure how thats gonna play out or mean to the season pass holders, i hope they keep the vip line but no one's sure how its all gonna work. mmm and don't put it in the same pocket as your cell phone :nono

i begged barb to bring back the 7:30 opening for passholders only. it might happen but probably not this season

• Like 3

we had the club leaders meeting at blue last night. news for the season:

5 fan guns! :drool

to help blow snow on two new glade runs - should be interesting to see what they constitute as a "glade run", i hope theyre legit and not lame like some other pokey tree runs :tinfoil:

moguls, moguls moguls - more commitment to bumps with two comps this season! :rock

looked like alot of new snow making guns on main street also!

racing re-vamp: no more racing on raceway, now re-named widowmaker. monday night beer league to be on razor's B) nastar to be on lower paradise re-named finish line. not sure about that one - i understand that the crossing was an accident waiting to happen and the finish area is too short but i like the pitch on the raceway headwall. definately the steepest nastar course around. no masters program this year either - i know a few tuesday night regulars were thinking about jumping over

then theres the lodge and tuning & rental shop improvements - no changes planned for the bar so really doesn't affect me so much ;)

oh yea and the rfd lift ticket checking. not sure how thats gonna play out or mean to the season pass holders, i hope they keep the vip line but no one's sure how its all gonna work. mmm and don't put it in the same pocket as your cell phone :nono

i begged barb to bring back the 7:30 opening for passholders only. it might happen but probably not this season

http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/SiteAssets/images/mountain/bluemtn250final_rev_091509_760x370.jpg

the glade runs are between main street and come around from connector down to x-ing and off to the right side of lazy, in the top right corner, most likely entering from tuts. i didn't take a close look at the connector/x-ing area, but the lazy trees are still pretty tight. it looks like they cleared out all the brush and undergrowth but didnt really remove any of the old growth trees. as you all know, the pitch at that part of lazy is almost non-existant, so i don't think it'll be all too difficult to ski. at least they're finally legitimizing the trees we've all been skiing for years anyway. connector->x-ing was really fun last year when we got fresh snow, as was the whole right side of lazy. it's a shame they're not clearing it out the whole length of the trail, since it gets better the farther down you ski once it starts to get some decent pitch.

Thanks for the infor M-Bike..wow so now they encourage fast skiers on Paradise during Nastar...sad to see Raceway go..there used to be a t-bar on raceway..the glades at Jack Frost are legit..if Blue's are half as good it's a win..

Nastar on paradise is just a way for them to hand out more tickets. Do you think they would accept that you were "just practicing for NASTAR" as you ski it at full speed on any other day?

The (official) glades at JF are fun, but "legit" is stretching it a bit.

Given Blue's inability to blow anything other than ice-cubes, would you actually want to ski where they can't groom? You guys better hope for a whole lot of natural snowfall this year if you expect to do any "glade" skiing.

Reread your own question, the answer is yes, grooming = cookies. :tinfoil:

you could have hiked instead of the gym/run..Jeff took pictures..I don't think the pictures will do them justice..

no that's not the training that i'm looking for. anyway. next time i'll go. i'll take any pictures even if they don't do the glades justice. did you see any other work done up there?

Yes...they were actively chopping down trees on the other glades when we were hiking, which is why I didn't get any pics of those trees. Lazy mile looks legit...definitely enough pitch, and copious amounts of room to play. Very similar in spacing to JF glades, but more pitch, for sure. I'll upload the pics in a few.

racing re-vamp: no more racing on raceway, now re-named widowmaker. monday night beer league to be on razor's B)nastar to be on lower paradise re-named finish line. not sure about that one - i understand that the crossing was an accident waiting to happen and the finish area is too short but i like the pitch on the raceway headwall. definately the steepest nastar course around. no masters program this year either - i know a few tuesday night regulars were thinking about jumping over

Yuck.