New "Features"

Switchsideskier.

Back to the important topics like are you a lower lot or upper lot booter upper? Are you a lodge or parking lot booter upper? Do you own at least three pieces of clothing that contain neon...and do you have ski resort bumper stickers or had them at one time????

Upper lot - too lazy to drive to the bottom of the other side :rolleyes:

Parking lot - too cheap to pay for locker anymore ;)

Yes - Coats, hats, pants, even an old pair of Blizzards from the rockin 80's

:confused Do state stickers count? (VT)

Does anyone ski anymore???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQmaYskVW0

they posted that video on their facebook account like two weeks ago. i watched it, commented, asking if blue mountain allows skiing, and both my comment and the video were promptly removed from their facebook account. don't put out poor promotional material and expect people to not have criticism. nothing against the kids in the video, i ride with most of them regularly, but it's doing a very poor job of representing the actual clientele of the mountain, unless that was directed specifically towards a snowboarding message board or TWS's website or something, i dunno.

they posted that video on their facebook account like two weeks ago. i watched it, commented, asking if blue mountain allows skiing, and both my comment and the video were promptly removed from their facebook account. don't put out poor promotional material and expect people to not have criticism. nothing against the kids in the video, i ride with most of them regularly, but it's doing a very poor job of representing the actual clientele of the mountain, unless that was directed specifically towards a snowboarding message board or TWS's website or something, i dunno.

Damn, I thought that they only deleted Doug's comments.:nana

we had the club leaders meeting at blue last night. news for the season:

5 fan guns! :drool

to help blow snow on two new glade runs - should be interesting to see what they constitute as a "glade run", i hope theyre legit and not lame like some other pokey tree runs :tinfoil:

moguls, moguls moguls - more commitment to bumps with two comps this season! :rock

looked like alot of new snow making guns on main street also!

racing re-vamp: no more racing on raceway, now re-named widowmaker. monday night beer league to be on razor's B) nastar to be on lower paradise re-named finish line. not sure about that one - i understand that the crossing was an accident waiting to happen and the finish area is too short but i like the pitch on the raceway headwall. definately the steepest nastar course around. no masters program this year either - i know a few tuesday night regulars were thinking about jumping over

then theres the lodge and tuning & rental shop improvements - no changes planned for the bar so really doesn't affect me so much ;)

oh yea and the rfd lift ticket checking. not sure how thats gonna play out or mean to the season pass holders, i hope they keep the vip line but no one's sure how its all gonna work. mmm and don't put it in the same pocket as your cell phone :nono

i begged barb to bring back the 7:30 opening for passholders only. it might happen but probably not this season

The Monday night league will be on Razors???? I wonder which part....and Nastar on Lower Sidewinder? Why don't they just make another permanent race hill?

The Monday night league will be on Razors???? I wonder which part....and Nastar on Lower Sidewinder? Why don't they just make another permanent race hill?

lower paradise... not sidewinder, the run out east of the quad. i only skiid it few times when they had the roller/woops there. the thought is that they'll blow a shit ton of snow at the start kinda like what they did for the take off of the big air bag. i can't visualize it myself - anybody do the air bag? the thinking is that it will be more like a typical nastar course like camelback, bc etc. which are all too flat :tinfoil:

are you guys committed to a monday night team this year?

lower paradise... not sidewinder, the run out east of the quad. i only skiid it few times when they had the roller/woops there. the thought is that they'll blow a shit ton of snow at the start kinda like what they did for the take off of the big air bag. i can't visualize it myself - anybody do the air bag? the thinking is that it will be more like a typical nastar course like camelback, bc etc. which are all too flat :tinfoil:

Sorry meant paradise.... I can't visualize it either but it will be interesting to see how they follow through.

Most of the people I skied with are already on a team. I'm not sure what I am doing yet this year. My guess is they will run it down the last pitch of Razors since they have the timing shack at the bottom already. It will not be an easy beer league for some people if they go that route.

http://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/12885/blue-mountain-operator-predicts-cold-snowy-winter-ahead

Barbara Green, president of Blue Mountain in Palmerton, Pa., is looking for a good winter. "There are a lot of acorns on the ground, and that always means a snowy, cold winter," Green told OnTheSnow.com. "We're hoping to be open Dec. 1."

Green has been in the resort business long enough, however, to cover all bets, and has invested $1.5 million in expanded snowmaking capability.

"We automated two major trails this year, Main Street and Lazy Mile, with Johnson Controls Borax B6 tower guns," Green said. "We have them on three of our other runs. This makes five altogether."

Blue Mountain also added five tower-mounted Areco fan guns, strategically placed around the resort to make snow in high traffic areas.

Blue also is adding an RF-ID system that will allow direct-to-lift access for all passes and tickets, she said. Passes will be renewable online.

Green said other work at Blue includes a $1.25 million project to upgrade the courtyard at the summit and make the outside eating area more attractive, as well as adding space to the lodge to accommodate growth in the rental and ski school operations. The work will pay off with summer events, she said.

Blue is looking to create a 19-acre water park, Summit Splash, starting in March, Green said, which has taken up much of the attention of the area's operators.

That project, and ongoing concerns about the impact of a wind turbine on migrating birds, has put the wind power plans on a slow track, she said.

"The wind power issue is birds and how much I want to spend to study them before I put anything up," Green said. Wildlife officials have estimated a study would cost $200,000.

More information. Or call 610-826-7700.

have fun 'racing' down that. even with the big drop in, we were sitting on our tails to try to get speed to hit the air bag when it was over there. that's pretty much the flattest spot on the mountain. i honestly think upper school hill has more pitch to it.

That video cracks me up, Especially when the one guys says he wouldn't ski in the poconos but racing is what brings him there. I actually like that trail a lot, you can definitely move....and GSS I think most people on here could beat those times down that course.

M-bike- Sorry that wasn't a dig at our fellow senior members =)