Looking for Pants

Ride Delaware ?

686 pants are really nice and durable. They come with removable fleece liners, too.

How many pairs have you tried? Im looking for a new pair to and I noticed a lot of the 686 gear that looks good seems to have bad reviews. Lots of ppl say they dont seem to ladt more than a season.

How many pairs have you tried? Im looking for a new pair to and I noticed a lot of the 686 gear that looks good seems to have bad reviews. Lots of ppl say they dont seem to ladt more than a season.

I've been rotating two pairs of Smartys for the past two years. No tears or broken zippers or anything. The liners are a little banged up, but that's no big deal. The pants are much better constructed than the jackets. The Smarty jackets are paper thin and fit really weird - the body is REALLY wide and the sleeves are a bit short. Awesome if you look like Cartman. Mine died a horrible death in Jackson - broken zipper are a big tear after only about 2 months of use.

I'm really looking for something that is fairly waterproof and is fleece lined... I always wear under armour underneath, but I really want to avoid more layers than that...

You shouldn't need anything else under a pant. Or get a better base layer. IMO underarmor sucks. Get a base layer from Helly, or some Burton AK base layers, there super warm. Looking for something super technical, and fleece lined is going to be hard to find. Normally the more technical gear is just a shell.

You shouldn't need anything else under a pant. Or get a better base layer. IMO underarmor sucks. Get a base layer from Helly, or some Burton AK base layers, there super warm. Looking for something super technical, and fleece lined is going to be hard to find. Normally the more technical gear is just a shell.

spot on. underarmour is overpriced for what you get. your money would be better spent on some of the stuff dan mentioned, patagonia, or if you're on a budget, polarmax stuff. as far as pants go, i don't remember off the top of my head, but orage made the benji pant last year with insulation, and i believe it's 15k/15k. i have the shell version and they help up pretty well for me.

Since I'm already a Burton slut I may stick with some Burton pants... Anybody have any hints on sizing... I usually wear a 32x32 jean... Burton M pants are 32"-34" waist with a 31" inseam... Does that sound about right? The small with 30"-32" waist and 30" inseam may be too small? I usually wear Billabong pants, so I have no idea how Burtons will fit...

• 1 month later...