2010/2011 Season Passes

Switchsideskier.

Went to Blue Mountain this morning for my free Season Pass :)

Passes are now on an RFID Card, with a Blue Mountain logo on the backside horizontally.

On the other-side Vertically is your name, your pass-type, and a picture of you in gray-scale.

For some reason they used my picture from 3 years ago? Which I looked totally different, they wouldn't let me take a new one and said it doesn't make any difference, so OK.

The only lifts that have the RF scanners are Challenge and Comet. The other lifts will have employees with hand-held bumper scanners. I was told I can place my pass wherever I want on my body and it does not have to be visible. I'm sure ski patrol will think different.

Also I was advised many times DO NOT PUNCH A WHOLE IN THE CARD which is common sense, otherwise the pass won't function properly.

Afterwords I was greeted by Barb Green with a stack of papers walking into the lodge.

post-3154-078452000 1289848474_thumb.jpg

Guess those of us that got this year's season pass at the end of last season will have to get replacements. :confused

Correct.

They look nothing like last years. Gotta have the RF card.

I forgot to ask if you can store $ on the passes again like last year, the pass isn't scanned so I doubt it but who knows. I liked not carrying a wallet skiing.

Oh...they're the exact same passes they use at Aspen. When I got home after Blue, I looked at my Aspen pass...there is a hole punched at the top of it. :banghead

The ticket office lady said keep it away from credit cards and your cell phone. I LOL'd. She clearly has no idea how RFID works. The RFID chip in the card is passive...there is no power source. I could rub that pass all over my boys and I could still have kids. Now that I think about it...might be a good idea for when ski patrol grabs the pass :rofl

Oh...they're the exact same passes they use at Aspen. When I got home after Blue, I looked at my Aspen pass...there is a hole punched at the top of it. :banghead

The ticket office lady said keep it away from credit cards and your cell phone. I LOL'd. She clearly has no idea how RFID works. The RFID chip in the card is passive...there is no power source. I could rub that pass all over my boys and I could still have kids. Now that I think about it...might be a good idea for when ski patrol grabs the pass :rofl

LOL! She said the same to me. I pulled out my RFID card for work and was like, look where i have this lady, my wallet. HAHA. I can't wait to see the clusterfuck the first week. At least I can do some actual skiing over Christmas break without the Asian invasion :)

its got its advantages at really big crowded mountains but honestly I'd rather have the original way of scanning I'd think at blue. the scanners don't always work and it's just another step to confuse the fuck out of the retarded tourists at blue. won't know until I try it though. the best part about it is shoving your pass somewhere in your outerwear and forgetting about it

I kind of think I made a mistake, but we'll see. It will be good to ski with all of you, it's the regular Blue patron I worry about. Last year was not a good one for me at Blue.

Johnny...I say this in all seriousness....do not race this year. There were plenty of days where you stayed later then us to enjoy awesome conditions on Main Street, etc. All your frustration last year was linked to race clinics. Screw the clinic, race in some Nastars, maybe do some ASRA's, but really...get your ass to Aspen :nana

I kind of think I made a mistake, but we'll see. It will be good to ski with all of you, it's the regular Blue patron I worry about. Last year was not a good one for me at Blue.

hmmm aspen or blue, i'd be questioning that too :blink: the race clinic was a little rough last year - especially in the middle "transition". much rougher for you - you gots skilz and don't need the bullshit that was thrown out there. a few of us talked about doing the masters program this year instead but it got shit canned. any ways nastar glenn, greg and i are doing the tuesday clinic again, gluttons for punishment i guess :banghead join us for some beers at least if your bagging the clinic :cheers: if youre around, need a fix for your racing jones and wanna race mondays with some hacks lemme know... looking forward to skiing with ya!

Let me get this straight. So even though some of us already have passes, we have to get them replaced, yet blue is not sending emails or anything. So if i did not read this thread, opening day i would try to get on a lift and be denied, possibly holding up a line and feeling like an all around douche nozzle?

cool beans.

Edit:Just saw that the scanners are only on the quad and sixer. But still, they should at least mail out the replacements/notified people who bought passes at some point over the off season. It is not like Barb was sitting at her desk and decided to install the system after lunch on a whim.

Edited by turd ferg

That dude got so much air..does he ever come down...gravity works different at Blue..

The reason I ski Blue on even the most crowded days is to see the clusterfuck..it is entertaining..I try and blend in with the gapers, herbs and Nimrods by carrying my skis like a guitar and asking random people which way it is to Cliffhanger. It's especially steezy on days I go skiing afterwork during holidays when I roll in at 4PM to a full parking lot and a giant line..

What's gonna happen when a few season passholders have their steezy pass next to their credit cards? Are they gonna hear the warning buzzer if they are rocking out to Baha Men...will Beau still direct liftline traffic...will ski patrol get tasers...race course on the windy flat part of Paradise..really...wow..we all have front row seats to the 2010-11 shitshow...well worth the price of admission..

?

I LOL'D at this too! I am gonna be upset to miss Christmas week cause I will be skiing in the alps but I want to see Blue on Christmas break just for that. I always ask people where the "Valley Summit" is hahaha and I love skiing down paradise on one ski screaming and watching peoples reactions

Let me get this straight. So even though some of us already have passes, we have to get them replaced, yet blue is not sending emails or anything. So if i did not read this thread, opening day i would try to get on a lift and be denied, possibly holding up a line and feeling like an all around douche nozzle?

cool beans.

Edit:Just saw that the scanners are only on the quad and sixer. But still, they should at least mail out the replacements/notified people who bought passes at some point over the off season. It is not like Barb was sitting at her desk and decided to install the system after lunch on a whim.

The quad and the sixpack have the automatic detectors. Every other lift will have people with handheld scanners

Reluctantly, I made the leap.

Cool. See you there.

cool beans.

Yeah, since they are not taking new pictures, you'd think they could run a report or listing of everyone who renewed already and just mail them a new pass.

cool beans.

I called up there and yes, we need to get replacement passes.

The response I got from the girl was a bit disturbing though: "Oh, the camera is working today, so if you come over now you can get it done..." :blink:

Might be fun going there the first day and causing a CF at the lift line with the old pass :banghead:rofl

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

Yeah, since they are not taking new pictures, you'd think they could run a report or listing of everyone who renewed already and just mail them a new pass.

They still need you in person to sign the annual "I Will Not Sue Blue Mountain Under Any Circumstances" form, so mailing them might cause even more confusion.

yeah aside from diehards like us most season passholders don't give Blue much thought in the offseason and aren't on this site. Opening day is gonna be a shitshow at the season pass office.

They gonna scan peoples pockets? Will there still be scanning people in at the upper and lower lodges? If it's before opening time they will still need someone to keep people off the slopes. Or maybe they will let earlybirds line up at the lifts like every other resort in the world.

They demolished the ticket scanning shacks and removed the fences etc at the lodges, you will only get scanned at quad and 6 pack and most likely only on weekends/holidays on the other lifts.