Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Northern VT is fucked, they need a foot of fresh to cover up the glacial like ice.

Central VT is much better Killy is actually in good shape.

Maine needs some snow too... Nothing natural is anywhere close to enjoyable, or rideable for the general public...

We skied Alta 5 days after a storm last year and found all kinds of shit.

Donde ?

Not taking the shit out of you I'm just saying where. Alta gets skied out faster than anywhere I've ever been. Where is the alta slack ?

It bumps up against Wolverine so unless you got gear that is a hard boundary, on the other side you have the bird and across the st Flagstaff which again requires gear. Anything off the back requires gear or possibly a snowmobile as I believe you can piece together a non violating ascent.

The lower gate under Catherine's and the skier's left down low on Wildcat but that's maybe half a day. The keyhole on High T but only if the high t is a fucking junk show. There are 70 year old dudes who can traverse the high t catherine's in like ten seconds on fixed heel.

If you do have some kind of Alta secret don't spray that shit anywhere, that's a well earned secret. LOL

Sundance hold's snow, Snowbasin on No-Name down to the parking lot tram holds snow, Powder can hold snow for a week, particularly if they aren't running Powder Country but Alta at least with my knowledge you don't stand a chance.

Donde ?

Not taking the shit out of you I'm just saying where. Alta gets skied out faster than anywhere I've ever been. Where is the alta slack ?

It bumps up against Wolverine so unless you got gear that is a hard boundary, on the other side you have the bird and across the st Flagstaff which again requires gear. Anything off the back requires gear or possibly a snowmobile as I believe you can piece together a non violating ascent.

The lower gate under Catherine's and the skier's left down low on Wildcat but that's maybe half a day. The keyhole on High T but only if the high t is a fucking junk show. There are 70 year old dudes who can traverse the high t catherine's in like ten seconds on fixed heel.

If you do have some kind of Alta secret don't spray that shit anywhere, that's a well earned secret. LOL

Sundance hold's snow, Snowbasin on No-Name down to the parking lot tram holds snow, Powder can hold snow for a week, particularly if they aren't running Powder Country but Alta at least with my knowledge you don't stand a chance.

Five days after, it wasnt virgin pow as far as the eye could see by any stretch but we found a few spots. There was this one spot which I honestly can't even remember where it was. It was sitting there - untouched. Phillycore knows what I'm talking about. Then we found some fun stuff (all in the trees) off of West Rustler, the Supreme chair and in the Wildcat area towards snowbird - again nothing which is right in front of your face but stuff that took some scouting out for sure.

• Like 2

In terms of holding snow - Hidden Canyon

If you hit the houses you took too low of a traverse back to the lift, no worries its only a couple minute walk.

Do not ski the center part of the Canyon as it slid on a kid about 6 years back, both arms are a ok with the left being shorter but well tree'd and steeper. The skiers right arm can be traversed to the second ridge which is pretty god damn far.

You can ride pow all by your lonesome for weeks there.

Looking like late Wednesday/early Thursday. I'm off work on Wednesday I might have to come in late on Thursday to slay some pow pow.

there also might be a stronger storm coming in on sunday. i'm hoping for saturday night instead of late sunday, but i'll take either as long as i get to ski in it and it isnt rain.

• Like 2

The V-day storm is probably rain, maybe it will get cold enough, further north mostly along the coast could see some good snow.

The problem with the potential big one on the weekend is it doesn't look like its getting its shit together until its in the ocean. The trough is plunging straight down, without something out in front it never spins across and up the coast, the energy goes out to sea and eventually drops its QPF a couple hundred miles out for the dolphins I guess.

4 or 5 days out still, a couple hundred miles ain't shit but it ain't looking great and I'm a bit of a wishcaster.

The pattern is good though everything is in the right setup we just need the right kind of energy to come through.

Additionally it should be generally cold until at least the end of the month, if Blue wants to blow they will have the opportunity.

Edited by Johnny Law

Feb 22-24 big storm on the models, most QPF in SEPA. 1" to 1/2" total so 6-12"

Long way out but I posted it more because it confirms the pattern. NAO will be negative, AO will be negative, EPO negative. with the generally cold weather our chances are about as good as they can get for snow up until maybe mid march.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1