Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Treatment? you mean snowmaking? i do believe they are/is/was blowing on another trail. if you look at the one camera, and point it at "the plaza", there is snow there. i believe that camera is pretty far from Freedom to be showing snow there, so i do believe they were making snow on either little boulder, or tannenbaum. Maybe with another night, they have another trail tomorrow. They normally only open freedom for "boulder gives back", whether thats by design or not, like since most people are there giving out 15 cans of food found in moms pantry, they only spin one lift? Make money on day 2 with 2 slopes.

They pulled some crap like that last year.

Yeah, but last year opening weekend they didn't have features on it. 

I know, I wanted to leave by 12 last year too but spending $25 for 200 feet of vert on one trail forced me to stick around for 30 laps or so, lol

I remember that and RideDE said way to get after it!!!

I thought it was 22 runs and I just checked stats and yes indeed it was lol.

tinymoose and i were there today and it was better than i expected. i suppose since we got there just before 3, the crowd was very light. that was nice b/c the trail width that was covered was about 2/3 of the full trail. several rails, kickers, and a box near the bottom were set up. the snow was quite sticky/moist, which causes several areas of death cookies/marbles...but those were easily avoided. we stayed until 4:30-ish b/c we were getting hungry, and loads more people started to show up then. apres was at boulder view tavern, where i had the beef short ribs (fabulous).

it was good to get back on snow, even if it was only freedom park. stoke level rising for this season!

Edited by guitar73
  • Like 1

I was at B.B. tonight. Mt snow got scrapped when boulder opened.

Tough to drive an extra 3 hours when something that much closer opens, even if all reports from Mount Snow have been absolutely stellar. Why am I not reading a trip report loaded with pictures?

And not to disappoint GSS...

Way to get after it!!!

4c5e4f63b2711f89c11ef7ec9b4593b9.jpg

First run(g). Good beer. Good turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Pretty solid base depth too. Hopefully it lasts through to the next cold stretch. Way to get after it!!! Edited by Ride Delaware ?
  • Like 1